Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on August 23, 2016
Mixed feelings about this one. I don't fault a lower budget and the impact it has on sfx. This film has several decent actors that fans of different genres will recognize. Concept is intriguing but not fully developed. Poor editing in places -- I do fault this. Potential for a good character driven film is abandoned for some stereotypical tropes. The movie did hold my interest so it is worth a watch.

Plot / spoilers

Jolene Blaylock of Star Trek fame wakes in a padded room with no memory of her name or how she got there. Weird noises and scary sounds follow along with a power brown out. This causes her door to unlock so she heads out in her underclothes (I rather appreciate this even if it makes no sense) and finds Spike from Buffy fame in another cell, also sans memory. They find a nebbishy white guy and irritable Afro-American woman in similar circumstance but on the other side of a cell door. The two teams split up to explore. Team Star Trek/Buffy find an older man linked to a machine that they deduce wipes out memories -- but old guy is apparently brain dead. They are attacked by a berserk Afro-American man who, seeing that they put on lab coats over their underwear, figure they "did this to him". Monster appears and the A-team flees after the death of the angry man.

Team B finds a flirty women swimming naked in an olympic sized pool -- really, how do mad scientists fit a pool into their budget? Naked chick tells Team B they are all going to die.

Teams meet up and go to the lower level where Tony Todd is chained to a wall and Obligatory Blonde Victim is even more restrained in another room They release Tony and try to free Blondie, but monster shows up and takes care of her.

Hints of their pasts are found. Pasts are according to sterotypes. They eventually discover that one of them is lying and must actually have their memories and know more of what is going on. More monster, bloodshed, and betrayal. Two survivors eventually wander off in their underwear into the sunrise...
on November 20, 2016
I couldn't decide if I should give this title two, or three stars; while I did not dislike it, it wasn't entertaining enough to truly recommend either. While it starts off strong, the antagonistic "presence" pursuing the characters seemed to take away from the film's suspense. Jolene Blalock managed to give the movie tension and depth of character in her performance. In fact, her performance positively permeates it with her personality (a plus for the viewers). I did think Tony Todd was woefully under-utilized in his character...And as a personal observation: I wasn't aware that Jolene Blalock was considered a "supporting actor" in light of the fact that Blalock and Tony Todd are the only two well-known names in this movie.

I also got the sense that Shadow Puppets borrows from other genres/sources throughout (I almost felt like I was watching a PG-13 version of Saw, or an episode of Lost). Yet overall, while I am not enthusiastic about the movie, I am not mourning the loss of an 1:42 minutes of viewing time either.
on September 3, 2016
I love the mystery set up here and the uber creepy setting. In this decrepit psychiatric research facility 8 people awake with no idea how they got their or why they are there. As the horror progresses they find clues as to what the facility really is and who they really are. This keeps the viewer guessing beginning to and the suspense builds. Decent acting, production values, plot and a really creepy setting. Recommended.
on January 25, 2014
It started with me wondering "what is happening here", and I asked myself that throughout the entire movie. Everytime something was explained another quandry developed, it was a a very enjoyable thriller with infinate plot twists, and even after the final fade I waited for a final twist. Probally the most enjoyable film I have seen in a long time primarily due to Jolene Blalock, she is a stunning lady, and her entire wardrobe for the film couldn't have cost more than $10.00 at WalMart. OH!!!! by the way the lady really can act. Why wasn't she given the lead in the billing ?? She carried the movie. Five Stars to her.........
on August 28, 2016
I'd give it three stars but others seem to have dismissed this film as horrible - I see a ton of horror movies and so I appreciate when something a little different is tried. You get the familiar 'people wake up in a strange place with no memories' kind of setup, but it does try different elements than the same old paranormal gunk or just a 'revenge game' type of scenario. I liked seeing Tony Todd and James Marsters (SPIKE!) in this one, and the others did a pretty fair job as well. Certainly NOT a total waste of time.
on August 31, 2016
This deserves negative ratings. Worst movie!! I am not one to be picky about movies. Acting was horrible!! Contradictions throughout the movie. I wish my husband never turned it on! A complete waste of time. Thankfully we didn't pay for it. It wasn't even a good horrible, it was just horrible horrible.
on August 7, 2016
I usually get one good movie out of every three sittings. I struck out today as all three horror movies i watched were just awful, save the last half hour of one of them.

You win some, you lose some.

Serves me right for not getting outside on such a beautiful day.
on August 20, 2008
CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS! Shadow Puppets stars James Marsters,Jolene Blalock and Tony Todd. It's an excellent thriller, that will keep you on the edges of your seat!!!

YOU CAN'T MISS JAMES MARSTERS' IN HIS UNDERWEAR FOR MOST OF THE MOVIE!!!! Shadow Puppets is the best movie I have seen in a long time. I GIVE IT 5 STARS OUT OF 5. IT IS A MUST SEE MOVIE!!!Shadow Puppets is about a group of strangers who wake up in a locked asylum with no idea of who who they are or how they got there.They are all in their underwear,cold and scared.They are being killed of by a Shadow creature, and need to find a way out of the asylum. As the movie goes on, you will will see that not all is what it seems, that someone has been lying. But I won't say who? You will have to watch the movie to find out!!!
on August 31, 2016
The acting was very poor and I was very disappointed in the plot. It felt like a horror movie with the smog monster from lost. I couldn't even finish watching it because it was too predictable and boring.
on August 19, 2016
This is a pretty good film, but I thought it was going to be science fiction. It's actually a horror story, like something from Alfred Hitchcock Presents.