Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 465 reviews
on May 10, 2017
I enjoy all Mary Higains Clarks book's. I stared reading them as, a young wife and mother, working as a RN part time.
It was wonderful after gething my young children to bed to snugget up and begin reading.
Now my grandson is my special man. He will be 13. I am now 60 and I am still reading her latest book, while already looking forward to the next book.
on June 5, 2010
First of all, thank you Mrs. Clark for all of the written works you have given us. I have enjoyed them every time I read them and re-read them.

The basic premise of this book "Who are my ancestors?" is not original, but interesting none the less. It is not always clear whom the main character actually is or what the main thesis(s) of the novel is/are: medicine vs religious faith, or who am I? The various sub plots quickly overtake the main plot lines, the love interest is barely touched on and that relationship seems to be added to the story as an afterthought. I agree with other reviewers that there seems to be an unusual amount of errors in this printing: character names mixed up, spelling errors, unfinished quotes, etc. Additionally, baby aspirin? Sorry, not for babies anymore. Bottles at 19 months, again, not in the current U.S. culture. If one over looks these editing mistakes, it is a pleasant read. Not as edgy as earlier novels, but, I don't always need edgy.
on June 19, 2014
Noelle and her husband Eli have been drifting apart after their daughter was murdered. Noelle is on her way home one day when she has an accident. She wakes up in the hospital thinking she's a college student, not a mom and wife of 25 yrs. It seems like the perfect way for them to start over. But the men who caused the accident are out looking for her, Noelle can't remember even a small part of her life with her family, and Eli must deal with the consequences of his actions.

I love how the author tells two stories at once that tie together, but are also their own individual stories. The romance is there, but is more subtle than a typical romance. The author also weaves in a tiny bit of mystery, faith, and a small town feel. While this book is part of a series, it can definitely stand alone. One of the things that I appreciate most about this author and her books is how her books make me think. They are more than just a story.

I received this book free of charge from Tyndale in exchange for my honest review.
on April 22, 2016
Mary Higgins Clark has always been my favorite mystery author. This book held my interest and I was able to finish it in record time.

There were two things that made me feel that this book was not quite as good as some of her other books. There were so many characters included in the plot. I think it would have been a stronger story if there had been fewer characters. Secondly, I was able to predict the murderer earlier in the book than usual.

In spite of these two flaws, I still enjoyed the book very much. I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good mystery.
on May 11, 2017
Intense with sorrow and grief and great joy in the love of God and family. This is full of true to real life struggles. This book is a must read.
on August 28, 2017
Excellent from start to finish. I was afraid it would be too religious but it wasn't. I was surprised by how suspenseful it was.
on April 23, 2017
Like always, Mary Higgins Clark delivers another page turner. The book draws you in and makes you want to keep reading into the night!
on July 15, 2017
I truly enjoyed this novel.It is quite well written. I stayed up very late in order to finish the book !!
on July 31, 2013
This deep haven novel is not a light & fluffy story but deep, realistic drama. I will be honest at first I couldn't really dig in to this one. Most likely because I was in the mood for something more humorous and breezy ... You know when you've had a rough few days you want to escape into something light & happy. This however was a story I am so glad I didn't set aside... In the end this was exactly what I needed to read. Warren speaks to some deeper truths & reminds us to trust God. Trust in God's goodness, His love, His faithfulness.

The Shadow of Your Smile is a story of people coping but not really living... They struggle through but have to learn many things like forgiveness (to others & yourself), love, commitment, and most importantly the lesson of letting go and trusting God.

What started out as ugh turned into something beautiful in the end. Isn't that what God does with our lives when we give them to Him... He brings beauty from ashes.
on March 18, 2015
I have read most, if not all, of MHC's books. This one was the most convoluted. Too many characters and sub-plots. No mystery or suspense. Also, I've noticed that in her last few novels, she has introduced a very religious (Catholic) tone, almost seeming to try to "educate" readers regarding her religion. To me, it just seems too personal and out of place to be part of her novels. I've been disappointed in the last few novels by MHC. I loved the early ones, though. If you have not read any of her novels, start with "Where Are The Children," which was her first one--and, in my opinion, her best!