Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2014
This game has received quite a lot of negativity over the years. In my opinion it does not deserve it. The idea of a black hedgehog running around cussing and blazing guns at aliens sounds ridiculous, that's because it is. This game is fun the gameplay consists of you choosing to be a hero (you generally help Sonic or one of his friends) neutral (Do what shadow want's which is generally race to the end of the stage) Or Dark (help black doom or in a few cases DR.eggman / Robotnik) Depending on you're choices you can get a total of 10 endings and a final canon ending. The story is confusing but it's alright. The music is forgettable with the exception of a couple tracks. Overall it's a good game. If you enjoyed Sonic and Shadow's gameplay in Sonic Adventure 2 you'll get some entertainment out of this. It's not the best Sonic game out there but it's earned it's place in my collection.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on June 17, 2014
It's a good game, but I do have mixed feelings about it. There are things that I absolute love in this game that I feel can be implemented in future Sonic games, but there are also rather annoying flaws such as time-consuming missions and glitchy camera angles (though the latter is prevalent in a lot of Sonic games). But overall, I feel the pros still override the cons, and this game provides a unique "turn" (for the lack of a better word) from regular Sonic games, given it's from the perspective of Sonic's foil. While I don't have a problem with having to replay it 10 times like a lot of players would, it is certainly something that can be improved. It would be more reasonable to unlock other paths through the Select Mode, which makes things more efficient. What I love most about this game is that versatility Shadow has as a character--there's just so much he can potentially do. There are lot of different weapons he can use (which are well implemented) and there are several opportunities for him to become invincible, have unlimited ammo, and use the almighty power of the Chaos Emerald. While some missions are frustrating, some are actually very fun, and some of the missions that are frustrating can be avoided depending on how you draw your path. So to summarize, Shadow the Hedgehog is certainly nowhere near the best Sonic game, but it's definitely worth a try. The game is a challenge.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on April 17, 2017
I remember buying this game on the PS2 way back in 2007. I had to buy another copy on the PS2 in 2014 because of how badly scratched it was. When I got to the last story, it would always lock up. Now in 2017, I got an Amazon card and used it to buy this game on the GameCube. The game came in with NO SCRATCHES o ANYTHING in particular. The disc was crystal clear. I only did 1 ending so far. I am happy with my purchase and I would buy it again if this copy stops working!
on January 14, 2017
It came in a little clear case inside of an envelope with my name and address handwritten(It looked like a letter lol). Works perfectly, there are a few minor scratches on it but it's great.
2 helpful votes
on May 5, 2011
Even though I have'nt had the pleasure of playing this yet, i can already tell its going to be a great game! I mean, who wouldn't like a game thats all about shadow???? Some people were complaining about it having weapons in it, but this is about shadow. Shadow uses weapons, even though sonic wouldn't be caught dead with one. You have to remember he was a darker charector so yeah. Im almost finished with sonic heroes( i know, i've had it for years now and im just now starting to play it. lololol) and im excited to hear how shadows story ends.( since it was in sonic heroes when rouge woke him up from this pod/cage thing and he couldn't even remember who sonic was). As for the cussing, im deffinetly shocked about this. But then again its shadow. luckily its very mild and they're easy to replace. Also it sounds like it was made for a more of a teen audience so you are going to find SOMETHING bad in it. All in all sounds awesome and i can't wait till it gets here.
on November 19, 2010
I know that many fans hate this game, and to be honest, I can sorta understand why. I, however, enoy this game. I think, that while it isn't as good as other Sonic games, it is fun and gets the job done. Alot of fans complained about Shadow using guns, and I do think that was weird, but it helped make the game unique from other Sonic games, and some of those guns really did help!

Other fans complained that the plot was too dark and serious for a Sonic game, but c'mon, this isn't a Sonic game, it is a Shadow game, and Shadow has always been the more dark, brooding character, what with his tragic past and all.

Finally, many fans disliked the main protagonist, an evil alien named Black Doom. I like him. In fact, I like him more than Eggman. I, for one, don't care for silly villains, and Black Doom is anything but, which is why I enjoy him as a villain more.

I do admit that the controls couls have been much better, but thats a minor complaint in an otherwise solid game.
on May 3, 2012
Okay, first off, I am very pleased again with the condition of the CD. The seller took good care of it, to make sure the buyer would get his/her use and fair gaming out of it. Second, it works on the Wii. Only thing you need to play the game is a Gamecube controller AND memory card, otherwise, you will not get past a screen asking whether you want to play with/without a memory card.

I am very pleased with the graphics, and also the gameplay. This game is by far, the BEST game I'e ever played in the Sonic Series.

The most fun part of the game is probably getting to choose your destiny! I LOVE that. This is by far the most interesting, and interactive game I've ever played, especially since the Player chooses what happens to Shadow and his Destiny.

~Shiruba Rose
on March 28, 2016
This is a great game, cuz you can choose what Shadow does and who he serves. And you can determine how he deals with his past and losing his friend, Maria. At large, you determine the fate of the world. If you unlock the true story, Shadow saves the world and puts his past behind him. It would be better without all the cussing though.
on June 12, 2017
Excellent game is in good condition!
on July 24, 2017
Grandson loved it!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.