About the Product
- Ancient magic co-exists with deadly high-tech weaponry - Purchase advanced technology and magic each round in an extraordinary arms race
- Balance your teams by using the talents of humans, elves, dwarves and trolls in your battles for supremacy among soaring corporate towers
- Train offline with the robust A.I. or play coop through online mini-games with your friends, as you master magic and technology
- Take on friends or work with them via System Link, Split screen, LAN, or Xbox Live
- Great value, Great Price!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Rich legacy brought to life. After a 5,000-year absence, magic has returned to the world of 2021, and global corporate might battles a relentless ancient order to harness this reawakened power. Be a part of the RNA, a global megacorporation, and bring order (and profit) to a world of chaos. Or join the Lineage to keep magic wild and free at all costs. Choose a side and wage war for the future of magic in the new world of Shadowrun.
- Bending reality and changing the rules of combat. Dive into a universe where ancient magic co-exists with deadly weaponry, and experience a revolution in multiplayer FPS gaming. Purchase advanced technology and magic for each round in an extraordinary arms race to improve your abilities and open new tactics for your team. Use your cybernetic eye to spot your enemy through walls, teleport behind your opponents in the blink of an eye, trigger a hologram as a distraction, and cut them down with a burst from your rifle to clear the room before they even know you are there.
- Intense cross-platform multiplayer action. For the first time ever, Xbox 360 and Windows Vista gamers can compete as a team or as foes. Experience a quantum leap in interactivity as console and Windows Vista-based PC gamers battle for supremacy online via Windows Vista and the Xbox Live® service. While Shadowrun gamers will battle endlessly for the right to be crowned the last man standing, they will also struggle to answer the question of which is the more-efficient killer: a Windows®-based PC or Xbox 360. Through the unprecedented cross-platform functionality, up to 16 gamers using both a Windows-based PC and the Xbox 360 console will participate together in the ultimate multiplayer frag-fest. Dont be sidelined onto one platform: Control your own destiny and play on the console or the PC.
- Classic races reinterpreted for a new world. Experience the thrill of combat as magic reawakens creatures of legend. Humans are joined by elves, dwarves and trolls in a battle for supremacy among soaring corporate towers and an ancient ziggurat of power. Strike a balance on your team with races possessing unique abilities that complement your weapons and tactics.
- The ultimate online (and offline) battlefield. Fight against or alongside AI teammates or join up with friends against all comers via System Link, Split-screen, LAN and Xbox Live. Fill out your team with incredible AI characters that respond to each tactical situation and provide an unparalleled team experience. Train offline with the robust AI, or play through a host of minigames cooperatively online with your friends as you master the magic and technology of Shadowrun.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:45 Mins|
Yes people are playing this game, I regularly found several matches anytime of day I checked. But they are usually the same group of players who are in parties or are very good at the game. I am decent, but after not playing for a few years I had to work hard to catch up to their skill level. For me it was worth revisiting a game I enjoyed. Not sure about you.
For those who don't know this game is online only, outside of some tutorials and bot matches. Neither of which is worth you time.
I don't quite understand the frustration people are having over getting the game home to realize there is not single player mode, though. It has been widely reported for months (since the game was announced) that this would be a multiplayer only game. You should always research a game prior to purchasing it.
I find the game quite fun, and entertaining. I am a huge fan of the original pen and paper version of Shadowrun, and while this game does not stick terribly close to some of the "rules" of that version, it does an admirable job of presenting what I think of as a small slice of the Shadowrun world and mythos.
I am a FPS junkie, and this game does a lot to keep me interested. I really like the options I have on how to equip my character with the different spells, tech, and weapons. It is amazingly cool to be able to glide into the air teleport through a wall, take perch on top of a statue, and snipe the opposing team. Then I glide off my perch, back through the wall, and escape before they can retaliate. Or, even better, when under fire summon a minion to attack my foe as a distraction while I teleport in behind them to take them out from behind.
I like the ability to purchase new items between rounds. To me this seems fresh and new, but apparently that is because I did not play Counterstrike. Also, this serves to heighten the intensity from round to round, since each character is buying and employing new/stronger abilities each round.
Because the game is round and objective based it does require teamwork.Read more ›
If you are a fan of a good FPS, this is a must have for your collection. All tech, and all magic have a counter the other team can use against you. Most games lack good balance, everyone will rush to get the weapon they want, and once you get these weapons, you are unstoppable. With shadowrun, prior to each round, you BUY your tech, magic, and weapons. You earn money based on damage done, teamwork, and capture. The better you do, the more you can buy.
Anytime I get myself into a new FPS, once i get bored with it, I end back playing shadowrun again. I bought this game at release, so I spend $60.00 on it and it was worth every penny. Now with the prices so low, it is definitely a game that any person into a good competitive FPS should own.
All the negative reviews talk about the lack of a single player campaign, but in reality MOST people put way more hours into the multiplayer than the single player.
Also, the negative reviews are incomplete. They bash the game because "you only have three slots, but 20 tech and magic." These statements are all false, within the game there is an option called "quick cast" which allows you to use some tech and most of your magic without assigning them to the slots.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
X-tcy for how much I love it and an opiate of how addicting it is. NO BETTER GAME EVER, except maybe AOE.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
GREAT game and great gameplay! My xbox thanks me for this bought!Published 16 months ago by IBRAHIM ALBADI
Awesome game, arrived on time....add my games tag: thelazysavantPublished 22 months ago by tinydude
It made a good gift for my friend so i liked it even though he wont let me play it yet.Published on May 5, 2014 by Omar Rojas