|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Price set by seller.
Shadows (A Lux Novel) Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Would you recommend this audiobook to a friend? If so, why?
Yes, I would recommend the audiobook. Narrator nailed it.
What did you like best about this story?
The Black siblings would always be there for each other regardless of any predicament they may encounter.
Which scene was your favorite?
Kiss scene between Dawson and Bethany in which he unintentionally begins glowing like a star.
Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?
Yes, I listened to it in one sitting. Enjoyed narrator Justine Eyre.
Any additional comments?
I read and listened to Shadows after I had read the whole series.
You are the author of this review
Dawson was great! He was funny, sweet, quick to smile, sexy. He was the light, good guy to Daemon's dark, bad boy.
Beth was equally as great! She was smart, sweet, gentle, yet could hold her own. They were a good match!
This book wasn't full of action, but more of a build up of anticipation and foreboding of what's to come with them being together. All in all, it was great!!!
I missed Daemon and Katy reading this. I really did. However, Dawson and Bethany’s such intense, immediate chemistry turned me into a squealing teenage girl. I was so thrilled at the romance between the two. It was a beautiful love story with some of the best chemistry I have ever read in any novel. And that’s saying something. I’m trying not to give away any spoilers, but let’s just say, Dawson got planted on his ass the moment he laid eyes on her and nothing – and I mean nothing – would keep him from her. It was beautiful. I cried at the end of this story and I’m not ashamed to admit it! I am not much of a crier, but if you don’t need tissues by the end (especially if you are reading this after starting the main Lux series), then you are a tougher woman than I. I’d have to say – despite the lack of my main character couple – this is a definite 5 stars!
I enjoyed this book, and its concept. There were very few typos, so that was a plus. I almost gave it 4 stars, however I have two major issues with this book that knocked it down a bit.
1. At times the book went too fast, and seemed to skip through time. One of my pet peeves with any story is when the author does too much "telling" and not enough illustrating with his/her words. This book tended to do this at times. The story ends up becoming impersonal, and falls flat. This book was great in places, but this "issue" occurred too often for my liking. This being said, I guess because of the parts where the author DID illustrate the connection between the characters and the characters themselves, I still ended up feeling for the characters and their problems.
2. I wanted to know more about what happened between Bethany and Dawson. After the ending, I was disappointed that Dawson did not confide in his siblings so they could help him figure it out. I thought this could have been a really interesting point for plot development, but it was just dropped -- which left things feeling unfinished. I am aware that this was a prequel to the first book, and I am hoping that because I read this one first (instead of starting with 1), some of these problems will be resolved in the later books. Too much was built up in this book for the author to not address these things later.
UPDATE: something else that has been bothering me... what happened to Beth's family? I've started book 1, but haven't seen any hints that there will be a resolution to these unanswered questions. Hoping I'm wrong! *fingers crossed!*
If you read the series without this, you won't notice a lack in the story, this is definitely a case of not knowing what your missing. That being said...you're totally missing out if you don't! There, I've told you, now you can't say you didn't know what you were missing... lol.
This book gives you such a huge insight into Dawson. It opens your eyes to so much of his personality and actions in the other books. It makes a big difference to see the man that Dee and Daemon describe in their memories. Also, what a difference it made in my opinion of Beth. Holy cow, I was having a hard time trusting her, but this brought so much into new perspective. The personality shift in both Beth and Dawson make their motivations so much clearer throughout the series.
It's also a very sweet love story. Dawson and Beth are both full of youthful love and passion.
You shouldn't be surprised...this is a cliffhanger...
This was written after the series began, but personally, when I do a read through, I start with this one. It's an entirely different experience if you do! Excellent, excellent addition.
Most recent customer reviews
I've been doing some catch up on all of my JLA novellas and stories. This is one I've always meant to read but never got around to.Read more
God, reading this makes me want to read the whole series all over again!Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction