Truck Season Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 10, 2015
I have not used it yet, but have tried it out in the yard. Overall it is not a bad rod and reel. First rod was damaged the second one that came in was better. thanks
4 people found this helpful
on June 2, 2016
Terrible combo kit. With the EZ Cast on, it would not go more than 10 feet and the brake caused way too much torque, which caused more than a few broken lines after a cast. The reel is not smooth at all. Would not recommend to ANYONE.

The rod wasn't too bad, but it is just not worth the purchase at all considering how much of a paperweight the reel is.
4 people found this helpful
on November 9, 2017
great for a beginner learning to bait cast in the yard. giving it to my 4 year old nephew now that im done with it.
on December 21, 2014
Not bad for $49 I really like the pole and the reel so fasr is good, I saved $30 so I am happy
on July 8, 2015
I purchased one of these for myself because it was my first bait caster and it has helped me to learn the basics of casting. Great product. Easy to use.
2 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2017
Shakespeare Ez Cast Baitcast Rod and Reel! I bought this for my son for Christmas! He loves the fishing pole and the casting of this pole is like no other. At least that is what my son says and he highly recommends this fishing pole!
on April 27, 2017
I think this is a good price for this package. The reel that's included is very cheaply made however it will serve the purpose of training me on how to cast this type of reel. I'm not surethe tension knob, not the drag but the tension knob even works.
If you're a beginner to this type of reel this is the one you want, you will not have it long. The rod itself seems pretty good though.
on June 6, 2016
I purchased this rod as my bass crappie and bluegill pole and the rod itself is not bad the reel is cheap and will not adjust for nothing I would recommend putting an open face reel on this if you can
3 people found this helpful
on May 8, 2013
this is a good entry level baitcaster combination for the novice just starting out using this type of reel.
very forgiving and easy to use.
5 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2016
this product is an alright product i wouldn't use it for every type of fishing but its great to have for ponds and lakes, the reason i say this product is alright is because it gets allot of birds nest from time to time but other than that its reliable.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.