Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on March 7, 2014
Telling his story in the dry southwest during the early 1900s, Moody copes with a challenging diet for diabetes while trying to make enough money to live. Putting his trick riding skills to work in rough and tumble Western movies, making 'plaster' busts of important tycoons in very little towns, riding the rails (or not), he continues his story into adulthood, never disappointing. Always a gentleman, still Moody tells of a way of life long disappeared from America. He captures the dry heat, dusty terrain, and the challenges of sharing life with another who doesn't always share the same values.
on April 30, 2016
One of a series of eight books by Ralph Moody tells a tale of an enterprising young man's coming of age in the 1920's Colorado area. Its direct and forthright language is a pleasure to read. I looked forward each morning and night to reading each page of all eight volumes.
on August 2, 2016
I live the Ralph Moody series. These are true classics. This particular book is about him making his living in the West away from his family. It is one of my personal favorites from the series.
on October 29, 2016
We have thoroughly enjoyed reading Ralph Moody's story! My 17 year old and 11 year old loves this story and learning of these early days of the 20th century.
on March 1, 2013
I was looking for a good read-aloud book for my family when we stumbled upon "Little Britches". We fell in love with Ralph Moody and his family. These books have a Laura Ingalls feel with LOTS more adventure. We have read through the books based on his young life and this one is no different. His honesty (about his dishonesty), humor, and wonderful work ethic (along with a great sense of adventure) make this story enjoyable. It's a great look at what growing up in America 100 years ago was like. Ralph had a gift for finding ways to make money, or "Shaking the Nickel Bush". This story also gives hilarious accounts of what it was like to own an automobile when they first were in use. I think anyone would enjoy this series, but I highly recommend it for teen-aged boys because Ralph Moody displays character qualities that young men need without being preachy.
on March 7, 2017
good western
on March 28, 2016
Wonderful book from the Ralph Moody series. Great book for boys to read or families to read together. Teaches a good amount of american history.
on October 26, 2014
Fun to read. Great stories; thought-provoking insight onto the growth of our nation, My parents and grandparents never talked much about this era, but it clearly molded their approach to life, So grateful our mother read these to us when we were young; great to return to them now for refreshing lessons.
on April 29, 2014
Ralph may be getting older, but he still has some growing up to do. Lucky for us readers, he has to learn most things the hard way.
on December 29, 2012
Perfect condition and quick delivery
I love the Moody series with the real life stories and great sense of family and hard work