Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

56%
44%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on July 2, 2016
miss grandma edie and wanted to reread one of my all time favorates.
loved her! love the book!!!
on May 8, 2016
Great old book arrived quickly and as described. Very worthwhile read. Thanks!
on June 26, 2002
This book is a continuation of "I send A Voice" by the same author.
It is laid out in several sections. a brief update to her work as a medicine woman, Her version of the medicine wheel (she uses a complex 32 stone medicine wheel. I have seen 10-15 different medicine wheel traditions, then excerpts from her journals showing her battle with cancer, and the "christian" bigotry toward her spiritual beliefs because of the pipe bag she hung from the west wall of her home, and her hospital room when she was in the hospital to be treated for cancer.
Many people will dismiss her mystical experiences while smoking the pipe as coincidence, or say she was day dreaming, or accuse her or putting an halucinogen in the tobacco.
Neither are true. I am 100% convinced those mystical experiences really happened. I say 100% because I too have had many mystical experiences while using a pipe in a sacred manner.
Pray in a sincere humble manner, and things happen; when you pray. Pipe or not, Pipestone pipe or a cheap pipe from a local store.
In her earlier book she was under the impression that people MUST use a pipestone pipe. This is not so. in 1896; Wicasa Wakan (holy man) Grorge Sword was teaching James R. Walker (a white "christian" doctor) to be a wicasa wakan, and according to George Sword "Any pipe can be used in a sacred manner.", and I am VERY happy to confirm that. My day to day pipe is a small meerschaum pipe.
I only use my pipestone pipe on special occasions. It is adorned with indian beadwork, and buckskin, and I do not want to have to throw the stem away and make another one in the near future.
Her medicine wheel tradition is complex. If you want to know the medicine wheel tradition I use that is based on the vision by the late Oglalla Sioux holy man Nick Black Elk; E-Mail me.
Wah doh Ogedoda (We give thanks Great Spirit)
on April 11, 2013
He really enjoys all of these books.He enjoys studying the Native American ways. It is amazing their religion is much like ours, just Native American names for the characters.
on January 20, 2016