Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 21, 2013
More then 1 hour of drumming plus a set to get ready and a set to return. For those of us who want to do drum journeys and don,t have a shaman there to drum for us, this is the perfect solution. A nice long CD that gives us time to finish the journey or a way to forward it if you want to return sooner.
on November 5, 2007
I've been using this CD for a couple of years to accompany my solitary journeys. I have several other styles of meditation music and tend to mix and match as I feel Spirit guiding me, but this gets the most use: if I had to choose only one to keep, this is it.

Compared to journeys or meditations done in silence, the drumming makes a big difference in the focus and clarity of my perceptions. I can travel deeper more easily, and if my mind starts to 'go monkey' :) , the drums catch me and help me get back on track before I've really lost the thread at all.

Not all my journeys last a hour, but it's normal for me to retrace and surface without waiting for or switching to the callback signal (if I'm awake enough to change tracks I'm already back). The track is long enough not to cut you off just as it gets interesting, but calls you back to daily life gently and in good time in case you should forget.

Since I've recently been honored to join a journeying circle, I've been able to compare with a group experience. The depth and clarity with the aid of the group's energy is another order of magnitude stronger. However, I have become accustomed to having free reign over when to return - not always practical in a group.

I thank the spirit in the drum for lending it's gifts to us. I thank the musician for sharing his skills. Ah-ho (thank you). :-)
on August 1, 2016
Very very good for non ordinary realities and learning from the other.
on June 30, 2015
Takes you deep. I was buzzing for hours afterwards.
on June 27, 2017
Excellent tool for Shamanic Journey. Perfect from a seasoned and world renowned practice.
on July 20, 2013
I really like this cd. I have added it to my opening ceremony of sorts in my
work place. It brought together many lessons of how to drum and how to hold
healing space and then how to bring us all back and also how to celebrate the
clients and I as we tread in those mysterious waters of transformation.
on May 16, 2012
This cd is perfect for meditation. I use it with my energy work and is good to use for those tough times when it is hard to close the conscience mind. It is hard to find just the drumming without a lot of music. Thank you very much. Once again, Amazon had it in my hands in a short amount of time... :-)
VINE VOICEon June 15, 2004
First I must say that if you are looking for entertaining music or drumming, look elsewhere; that's not the purpose of this CD. Additionally, listening to a shamanic drumming CD does not make an instant shaman out of anyone; if you are expecting this CD to transform your abilities, you are mistaken. Drumming is intended to promote trance induction, but it won't do you much good if you don't put yourself in the right mindset to trance or know what to do once you begin to trance.
That being said, this is a good shamanic drumming CD for people who already do trance work or who are exploring it for the first time under the preparation and/or guidance of someone who knows what they are doing. The drumming is a good speed and lasts long enough for a good trance session, and rattles accompany the drumming appropriately. Callback is also effective.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2014
At first this was hard to use..but since trying other cd's this is my absolute favorite..true to beat and also long enough to be useful in Journeying..splendid, have asked others to buy it and use it.
on February 14, 2017