BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on March 26, 2017
This book was amazing. Ive been on a journey understanding my own unhealthy shame due to a traumatic past and this book help so much. Its not heavily saturated with scriptures (which Im not offended by because I know my Bible) although he writes through the lens of the Bible. I found it refreshing. Thank you Dr. Lewis
on January 17, 2014
Reading a book by Lewis Smedes like talking to an older wise and very caring friend. I have read several other books on the topic of shame that has been inflicted in youth and its devastation throughout life. Learning that God accepts me right now, with all of my faults, is an intensely healing message. I have all of this blessed man's books.
on February 9, 2007
Smedes has done his best work in this brief, but effective work on the reality of shame and how shame can inhibit our ability to even function or have healthy relationships. It is very easy to identify with his descriptions of shame and how, from a Christian standpoint, to counteract this potent destroyer of a person being able to reach their full potential.
on October 18, 2012
This book when read gives encouragement to those who can't forgive themselves. After all if God forgives us through His Son, Jesus Christ - we surely must recognize that we cannot take God's place and therefore cannot hold on to guilt.
on May 14, 2012
I like this book and use it at my day job. Many of the people I work with enjoy it however dont really get a good understanding of thier own shame and embarrassment. This book is good for those a little more in touch with thier feels.
on January 7, 2015
Very helpful in dealing with my emotional issues
on December 28, 2009
A very thought provoking book with a lot to ponder. Some seems a little redundant and "wordy" but perhaps it is necessary because considering the whole book it all comes together at the end.
on April 23, 2016
Very poignant insights. Very helpful in understanding the feelings of shame.
on January 22, 2015
Smedes has done a lot of good work but this is not one of his best. There are far, far better—and more theologically correct—books out their on shame.
on November 26, 2013
I just couldn't get over how cruel his mom was to him. I know it's probably me, but I really didn't enjoy this book.