Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 15, 2014
I applaud the author's candor and willingness to risk all in the name of self-love. I think everyone chasing a more colorful, spiritual sexiness should read it, however I wish she would have spent more time reconciling her efforts and escapades with that of her husband. He was an absolute saint in accepting her secret life, but in the very end I had wished there was more detailed resolution for the reader to wrap their mind around. It also made me curious as to how she lived this lifestyle and justified the families bills every month? Not judging, just super-curious ; ). Overall interesting read, but I just felt a little sorry for "Gavin" at the quick end, and truly wish happiness and self-acceptance for them both.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on December 19, 2013
The writing style is excellent and I'd read another Pamela Madsen book in a minutes. It was the story that just wasn't my cup of tea in the set-up with all the women and then how the rapid fire lifestyle while in a microscopic NY apartment. I felt claustrophobic reading this story, but seriously that is a personal call. Try this one and come up with your own conclusions. As I said it was the story, not the writing style that didn't ring my bell.
on November 21, 2015
Talk about eye opening..Sometimes a book comes along at the right time with a message that speaks right to you and your situation. For me, this was such a book. I related to so many of Pamela's motivations for seeking assistance to explore her sexuality and for body acceptance. I highly recommend this book to help every woman (& man) to open their eyes and minds to what is possible in life in regards to sexuality and no longer living with shame.
on December 9, 2012
This book is journey, you have to respect that before you judge. The world is full of people trying to figure out how and where they fit in it. Pamela explores her sexual self and comes to find when she embraces it she can be honest and whole in the world. She spends a good deal of the book being dishonest with her husband which made me fairly uncomfortable. Of course every discomfort in her journey is place for me to reflect and ponder. I also gained some insight into my own sexual desires. I know this book touched something of my own journey because 12 servings of ice cream became three while I was reading it. If your a thoughtful person you will it enjoy it. If your idea of a journey is watching survivor and helping Judge Judy come up with reasons that people are wrong, you probably won't like it.
on November 17, 2012
After going through my own journey to discover my sensual self, I was at a loss to find anything out there that described my feelings and need to find myself ... then I found this book: SHAMELESS: HOW I DITCHED TE DIET, GOT NAKED, FOUND TRUE PLEASURE ... AND GOT HOME IN TIME TO COOK DINNER By Pamela Madsen. Real, witty and vulnerable, Ms. Madsen shepherds us through her quixotic and necessary path to sensual and sexual self discovery like we were one of her girlfriends along for the ride. In this book I found validation for my own feelings and needs as well as the courage and camaraderie to move forward become a more integrated woman. I highly recommend this book for anyone on a similar path or ... anyone that just loves an entertaining and fun "coming of age" story for the 40-something set.
on November 17, 2015
Pamela Madsen's voice is helping women to reclaim their erotic power and live their best and most embodied life. This book is raw, real and relatable. It will inspire you to find your own way into unlocking your sensuality and beauty, for yourself, for your community and ultimately for the world.
on January 8, 2016
Funny and heartfelt. This book will make you laugh, cringe and think ........ if you can get past your judgments. It even caused me to shed a tear or two.
3 helpful votes
on June 17, 2017
I've been looking for answers. What I found, here, is that I'm not alone in my quest.
My search now truly begins.
on January 18, 2012
The path to coming home to your body is different for every person. Pam shares her own story, filled with humor and a dose of reality - not everyone is going to be supportive along the way and the risks can be significant. However, joy prevails when we stay true to ourselves and keep our hearts open to the possibility.

This book is an inspiration to anyone who is learning to love their body and honor their desires. Thank you, Pam, for having the courage to set out on your own journey and the commitment to share it with others.
3 helpful votes
on November 17, 2015
Pamela's book (and her life) is an inspiration to women everywhere to find the truth of who we are beyond the shame, guilt and fear and live that truth, fully. Read it.