Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on May 19, 2015
Great book!
on May 5, 2011
I agree with the reviewers who say this is not exactly Seuss's usual style, though it does include fantastical creatures and great rhyming.

I disagree with those who say it's not appropriate for babies or young tots. Depends on the kid, of course, but my daughter loves it. It's not her very favorite, but she does ask for it regularly.

It's a nice little book, and I'm glad we have it. It reads smoothly and I like the subtle celebration of self and our own bodies at the end, "Of all the shapes we might have been, I say, 'hooray!' for the shapes we're in."

The very favorite Seuss books in our house at the moment are Mr. Brown Can Moo and There's a Wocket in my Pocket. All of these books are in very small board-book format, which makes them perfect for slipping in the diaper bag to keep the little miss entertained at the pediatrician's or more pleasant outings.
on June 20, 2015
In our house we are big fans of the "Dr. Seuss Bright & Early" board books. They are a wonderful size for small hands - my 15 month old can manipulate them well now, and has been able to easily hold and look at them since she was 9 months old. Like many books in the series, "The Shape of Me...." has a good amount of words per page for young attention spans. The book is completely full of silhouettes. Right now, my daughter (15 months) enjoys looking at all the outlines, and I like the message of the words, which focus on celebrating our own shapes. In the future, I think we'll have fun identifying the different objects by their silhouettes. A great book.
on March 19, 2016
Dr Seuss is a family favorite and The Shape of Me and Other Stuff is no exception to the rule. We love this book!
on June 27, 2011
I understand that not every child will like every book but this one is certainly not boring. My 22 month old son has loved this book since he got it almost a year ago on his birthday. We have read it so much that he "helps" me read by saying some of the words here and there. As a beginning shapes book...I don't really know. It certainly reinforces anything that is learned. Most all Dr Seuss is great. I would say this one, The Thinks You Can Think and Mr Brown are the favorites in this house.
on January 6, 2013
It was his favorite book until he memorized it from cover to cover over a couple weeks of daily reading! He has moved on to others now but still likes to read this one once in a while.
This is a typical 'shapes' book, but only in Dr. Seuss fashion.
You see your toddler presented the 'regular' / geometric shapes all the time but here (s)he is opened up to a world of diversity in shapes.
I guess this one can give them an early cue about not getting 'boxed' in!
on March 21, 2006
I have loved Dr. Seuss since I was a kid and this book is included. My mistake was showing it to my 17 month old who doesn't really show much interest in it but it's an investment. I know some day it will captivate her as much as it did me.
on December 5, 2009
Children love Dr.Seuss! The fun rhyming rhythm even held the attention of my son when he was 6 months old! He's 10 months now and they are his favorite! It's also great that they come in a board book format so I don't have to worry about him tearing the pages!
on March 9, 2017
My grandson Loves the story
on January 17, 2016
These board books are great.

My twins love Dr. Seuss almost as much as I do.

I love the Shape of me book. It has lots of different objects in the book to talk about with your little kids and now we've read it so many times that they love to read it to themselves or each other.

HOORAY FOR THE SHAPES WE ARE IN!