BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 23, 2016
Works like magic for cutting strips, as long as I'm careful in getting both folds aligned. Align folded edge of fabric with line close to me on cutting mat. Then carefully lift selvages and bring toward me to create second fold, aligning with cutting mat line. With Shape Cut upside down, align "top" line of Shape Cut with fabric fold nearest to me. Starting at the right side at 0, I spread my hand flat to keep the Shape Cut in place, cutting and moving my hand across with my index finger "near" the next slot to cut. If you start at the left and cut toward the right, the fabric fold has a tendency to creep out of alignment, which is no different than regular rotary cut rulers. The Shape Cut just lets you cut more at a time without moving the ruler, and they're all the same size!
on February 1, 2014
I bought this ruler on the recommendation of a quilting blogger (can't remember which one right now). It arrived very promptly as all Amazon purchases do in a HUGE box - which, since it is over 18" square is understandable. I've used it several times since receiving it a couple of weeks ago and while it does cut accurately as promised it also seems to eat my rotary blades. I don't understand why but after a couple of swipes, all of a sudden I have to repeatedly make the same cuts and it seems as though my cutter develops flat spots????where it bumps along the cutting slot. I will continue to use it but I just make 3-4 swipes along the same opening to get all the cuts and them do a couple more "misses" once I remove the ruler. Would I recommend it? I'm not sure. Like I say it does what it's supposed to but blades are expensive!
on May 30, 2016
If you really want to cut accurate strips or blocks and do it fast, this tool is what you need!! I just finished cutting up about 400 6" blocks to do the Fons and Porter Disappearing 9 patch in less than 2 hrs. It's worth much more than you'll pay for it!!
on March 11, 2011
I love this ruler. It does not slip while cutting. Just putting one hand on the ruler keeps it in place. The slots are narrow enough to insure a straight cut. It's large enough to make a number of cuts before moving it. It is really precise and I do use the 1/4" marking for additional sizes. I highly recommend it.
on July 24, 2016
Strips can vary in width when using this because the plastic, although somewhat stiff, gives when one is cutting the strips.
on September 19, 2016
I saw this being used in a video tutorial. I was skeptical at first and had a hard time justifying the cost, especially since I have a lot of rulers already. I no longer have doubts and completely love this ruler.
Enthusiast: Sewingon February 21, 2013
Love this ruler. I used it to rotary cut 32- 2 1/2 inch fabric strips in about 5 minutes. From 4 different fabrics too! It would have taken me over an hour to rotary cut so many using a straight ruler alone. I can cut strips in 1/2 inch widths with this ruler. Since most of the quilt patterns I make use 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inch strips, this ruler will get a lot of use. It can also be used it to cut squares and triangles, depending on how the ruler is positioned for a second cut on the strips. Love also that it is 18 inches wide so I can cut more strips before repositioning the fabric. And storage is not a problem. Just lay it flat or hang it up.
on August 1, 2015
This ruler is absolutely invaluable for cutting many strips/squares all at once without having to lift it every time, thus eliminating the possibility of accidentally moving your fabric and having it mis-aligned. I have cut an entire yard worth of perfect 2 1/2" strips in minutes, and it was so fast and easy that I no longer dread the cutting part of quilt-making since there is no re-positioning and re-measuring and re-checking, etc. every time you make a cut. I have made 5" squares as well using this wonderful tool and they were all uniform and perfect! Once you use this ruler, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it!
on October 1, 2013
I've sewed for most of my life but started quilting 3 years ago. Over the past year, I started having problems getting straight cuts on some of my strips. They weren't off much, but enough to make the finished quilt top a bit wonky and hard to square up. I saw that this ruler was highly reviewed and recommended, so I bought it with high expectations. So far, I haven't had the positive results everyone else raves about. I still get cuts that are slightly bowed or curved. Actually more of the cuts are off now than when I used the regular ruler & rotary cutter. I pre-wash my fabric, press it and do the hanging and straightening the grain lines thing then fold it so the grain lines are as true as I can get them. And then fold it again so it fits under the ruler. And the cuts are still off. I've watched Youtube videos and followed the directions and still get wonky strips. It's possible that it's user error, but I haven't been able to figure what I'm doing wrong. Would prefer that they make this ruler wider so you don't have to fold the fabric twice. Maybe that would help. I gave this 3 stars because it's a great concept, the ruler is sturdy and heavy enough to hold the fabric down so it doesn't shift, and because it's easy to make that first cut and then just zip, zip, zip, cut a bunch of strips. Bummer that the strips are not straight.
88 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2016
Because it is not a stiff plastic, it gives a little when running the rotary cutter along the slots causing the resulting cut pieces to not always be as accurate as I would like.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.