Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 147 reviews
on December 16, 2011
This DVD contains 2 workouts for beginners who have been exercising for a while or one may use them on a light exercise day which is what I did. In both workouts, Denise Austin works with 4 ladies. No equipment is needed, except maybe a mat for the second workout.

1. Low-Impact Cardio (31 minutes, 36 seconds)
In general, this is a light to moderate workout. Exercises are non-stop and Ms. Austin moves briskly through a variety of exercises. The workout includes traditional aerobics, small jumps, balance work, and a few easy Latin steps.

2. Stretch & Tone (20 minutes, 27 seconds)
This workout is divided into standing work and floor work. Standing work is comfortably paced with stretches and light standing moves. Then, Ms. Austin moves on to the floor and the exercises become a little bit more intense and faster.

Here are the floor exercises.
Modified push-ups
Bicycle
Side plank and lift
Cobra
Superman
Reverse plank or bridge with triceps

This ends with a few stretches on the floor.
22 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
I am an intermediate level exerciser in my early 40s. I thought this might be too easy because it said "perfect for beginners". What a surprise! The cardio workout is low impact but it does get your heart rate up if you put in an honest effort. I even broke into a light sweat. There's walking and some fun dance moves that will take someone klutzy (like me!) a few times through to figure out. It has been a long time since Denise put out a 30 minute workout that is cardio only. I really enjoyed it! The tone section is a pleasant, easy workout for days that you are feeling tired or if you are sore; it is 20 minutes and tones the whole body!
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
Recvd my wrkout dvd today. This is my second copy of this particular wrkout. I cracked my other one from using it so much. Denise is my all time favorite instucter. Her approach leading all the exercises in her programs is much nicer than others. You get a full body wrkout from this one and results are just amazing. Be consistant and self deciplined in your wrkout. She makes all movements smooth yet you feel the burn. Your body will transform quick. I dont even eat that well and i stay toned and healthy looking because i am faithful w the wrkout. I never get bored with Denise s wrkouts. She is fun but wrks your body without you feeling like you are following a drill sargeant. People ask me if I compete often... I say no I just like to be fit and healthy. Before Denise I never really enjoyed dvd wrkouts. FOR ANYONE Who is searching for THAT wrkout you will actually love and look forward to this is it. Denise has many other dvd s out there I just found the one for me and stick w it. I add 100 situps after i do this 30 Min. Wrkout and some arm weights 4 sets of 20. I am 5 ft 2 and 112 lbs. I have lots of energy after wrking out and you will too. ♥♥♥♥ A MUST BUY THAT WILL NOT COLLECT DUST. Summer of Houston
on February 27, 2016
This is a very good low impact workout. I have been doing home based DVD workouts for many years. The half hour low impact cardio session is good and you will break a sweat, but it isn't super challenging, which is why I gave it four instead of five stars. In spite of that, you will get a good workout. I have to be careful as I have had tendinitis in the past, so I can't do high impact and this workout is good for me. If you do the 20 minute stretch and tone workout after the cardio segment, you will get a very good all over workout. The stretch and tone piece has yoga inspired stretches as well as good toning exercises such as push ups. I feel very energized after doing the cardio and the stretch and tone segments. Overall, I recommend this workout and enjoy it every time I do it.
on January 29, 2014
This DVD has 2 workouts. One stretch and tone, which is a body-shaper. The other is a low impact cardio.

The low impact cardio is dance inspired. This came as a pleasant surprise, since I normally kill myself just running outside for a half an hour. The moves really do require a lot of energy if you really put effort into them and are fun. There is also a built in warm up and cool down.

Probably not for hard core exercisers, but it says right on it that its for beginners. I also found the moves tough to follow the first time I did it, but they are readily learned by way of repeated viewing. I was just fine by the 2nd/ 3rd viewing.

This DVD really earned its 5 stars for me. With a sensible diet I lost 20 last year in 3 months using these exercises. I will definitely be trying some of her other dvds
on February 14, 2012
I purchased this dvd after reading other reviews and am glad I did. I'm 48 and have been working out cosistently for about 7 years. When I saw the description was low impact I wanted to check it out. My knees and shoulders can't take the hard pounding of the higher impact workouts and this seems to be working fine. It consists of two workouts. One is a 30 min low impact cardio which involes some dance style moves which make it enjoyable and the other is a 20 min stretch and tone which I think is very important no matter what type if workout you do. Denise is an inspiration for older woman to keep up the hard work and stay fit and healthy!
on April 11, 2014
After reading some negative reviews about this DVD being hard to follow...I was a bit nervous to try it. However, I own most of Denise Austin's videos and noticed many of the moves in this DVD are moves she's used in several different videos that she's compiled up for a new and exciting (my opinion) :) workout! If you're a Denise Austin fan, then you should not have any trouble at all with the routines or moves! I also read people complaining that this DVD should not be called low impact, because there is jumping...yet, you could easily modify and the jumping was short lasting. I personally enjoyed how this cardio was 30 minutes long verses the 20 she's been doing lately!
on February 20, 2016
Love it! The cardio dance part is easy to follow and very upbeat with "balance challenges" so you'll break a sweat by the end. I personally like Denise Austin's bubbly demeanor. She doesn't always perform each move perfectly like a robot, which just adds to her appeal. Working out is supposed to be fun, so "just do the best you can" and "don't forget to breathe!" Also, the "stretch and tone" section hits all the major spots without overworking anything. I will definitely add this workout to my weekly rotation.
on February 5, 2017
Great DVD! Great for beginners! I use this 3 times a week! You get the work out, feel the burn, but not overworking the muscles and body! Great routines!
on June 15, 2014
Okay, if you are not a fan of a peppy, positive, gung-ho instructor, you will not like this DVD. I love Denise Austin and miss her programs on TV. I have many of her routines, and have been working out with her for years. The substance of her work outs are perfect. You work up a sweat, but don't feel like a LOSER if you are not super workout woman. The moves are simple, straightforward, but not crazy repetitive. Again, if you want more of a drill sergeant, directing kind of instructor - her DVDs are not for you. But if you want to work out with someone who seems relatable, in good shape, very pleasant and fun. You will love her DVDS.