Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Shark Navigator Professional Upright White Caniste..." and save 74% off the $279.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Shark Navigator Professional Upright White Canister Vacuum Cleaner UV420
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Never loses suction
- Anti-allergen complete seal
- Swivel steering
- Perfect for pet owners
- Extra long reach
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
So I ran into an odd problem. I had rinsed and air-dried the foam filter a couple times by now as I don't like seeing dirt build up. But at some point there was a terrible mildew odor coming out the whole vacuum. It smelled like someone had vacuumed up a nasty wet basement flood. It was so bad I had to return it. I like this vacuum and I think it's cleaning power is designed like a well tuned jet engine vs lawn mower-like vacuums (ie PAWS wind-tunnel hoover is all plastic, cheap feeling, has a terribly short hose, and the brush kicks dust around faster than the vacuum can collect it...itchy throat). I would get a replacement shark because of its quality but be more cautious about washing the filter by throwing it in the dryer instead of air drying. If you don't push air through the large foam filter daily, I imagine any trapped moisture and mildew in it will develop very quickly. Also, don't bother cleaning the filter out until it actually affects performance.
A few tips. Keep both the hose extensions on while it's hooked up to the floor unit. It's actually easier to access the suction release that way and frees up a place to hang the power pet tool... One possible way to fully use the length of the hose without tip-over is by attaching the vacuum to a sturdy wall or door hook. For example, I even store the vacuum on the back of my bed room door, as the steel linked loop handle can securely hang the vacuum on an over-the-door hanger while in use and out of use. Although the hose is long, the hose handle doesn't lock-on, so that it'll slip off if you only grip by the handle and pull too far. That's a disappointing design flaw.
Easy to put together, not heavy.Read more ›
The 420 unit does not separate from its base. But, its collapsible hose is much longer when fully extended than the NV356E and its tank is much larger than the NV356E. Due to the longer hose, you don't need to separate the tank from the base like the NV356E. The NV356E has a smaller tank. I was leaning toward the NV356E. Until I read about the 420 on another Amazon forum.
I'm glad That I got the 420. These Shark vacuums suck so strong that you will fill up the tank several times while vacuuming your home. You need the bigger tank IMHO to avoid several trips to the garage garbage can.
I'm amazed. This is a high quality built unit. Its plastic, but not the normal China crap I'm used to getting. Heavy duty thickness, Good rubber seals on most tank connections. I think it should last a very long time. If not Coatco well take it back ten years from now with no questions.
I had just vacuumed my Trouse (trailer/house) yesterday. I was surprised that I filled the Sharks tank tonight. I have a small 1,100 sq. ft home and I have berber carpet. This is the strongest vacuum that I have ever owned. I can't imagine another possibly being stronger. I bet this thing could suck a golf ball through a garden hose (LOL).
This is a keeper. The fancy NV356E here on Amazon for $199 is the best price that you will find for that unit, if you want that model. I don't think that you need it. Although, a lot of people are very happy with it. Search for the other Amazon forum regarding the NV356E.
Got it at Costco on sale for $120.
1) Really long hose
2) Hose is detachable from all the wands. This allows you to manipulate attachments (like the pet hair one) without it being stuck on a huge block of plastic. (Not possible on the Electrolux and I think the Dyson too.)
3) Debris came out of canister with just a little bang against the trash can. (A _real_ problem on the Dyson, where I often had to remove the inner part too.)
4) Lack of height adjustment didn't prevent me from vacuuming a throw rug. Also there is a suction control that might keep it from sticking to thicker rugs.
5) Pet hair attachment worked well. Cleaned as well as my Eureka handheld and of course had no weight (handheld is heavy!). It also pops open easily for cleaning; there is a belt in there that I could see might get clogged with fur.
6) Narrow head, so you can get in-between furniture.
7) Not too heavy. Balanced between motor power and weight.
8) Brush is enabled electronically and is "smart". If it can't turn it will shut off to keep from burning the belt (and eating my bathroom rug). Snapping to upright position resets it.
9) Has both a small crevice tool and a long one. The latter is kind of cool because you usually want to use a crevice tool along baseboards. Can't fall off the wand if it's all one piece.
10) Attachments snap in securely. (On the Electrolux they fall off at the slightest touch.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great vacuum with lots of suction. I purchased it used at a much reduced price and it works like brand new.Published 5 months ago by Buy A Lot
I will only buy the rotator this model of shark navigator isn't even worth $50 it's so easily tipped over can barely hold its own.Published 6 months ago by S.Reilly
Order two sharks one was excellent 2nd one was horrible throw in a box wrapped in brown paper the vac had terrible odor no filter called and filters were send in a plastic bag... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Debbie Hollingsworth
This vacuum really sucks haha no really, it's great! I only spent $29 after a gift card from Christmas. I found I have no trouble running it on an almost shag-esque rug. Read morePublished 13 months ago by palmlady
This is a great vacuum..It was bought for me as a gift from Sam's club..with three dogs and family,I have only ever bought three cheapo Wal-Mart vacuums.. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Leeland
This is an inexpensive vacuum that has all you need to do simple vacuuming around the house. However, it has some drawbacks. Read morePublished 20 months ago by oakdale6884
I love this vacuum but have had 3 problems with it.
1) I have avoided the mold smell from my Shark EU 420 by cleaning the filters out every time I am finished vacuuming. Read more