Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV302)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 42% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV302)
|Price:||$159.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.00 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-lightweight. At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- Dust-Away hard floor attachment + 1 washable microfiber pad. Picks up large debris and fine dust from bare floors.
- Home & Car Detail Kit. Micro tools that clean the tiniest of spaces.
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet.
- Dual storage options. Fix the hand vac to the bottom of the wand or secure it to the wall mount.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
|Vacuum Series||Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright - HV300 series (HV301, HV302, HV303)||Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro - HV320 series (HV322, HV323)||Shark Rocket Complete with DuoClean - HV380 series (HV380, HV381, HV382)|
|Product Weight and Hand Vac Weight (without cord)||7.6 pounds 3.01 pounds||8.6 pounds; 3.25 pounds||9.9 pounds; 3.5 pounds|
|XL Capacity Dust Cup||✓||✓|
|LED Lights (Hand Vac + Floor Nozzle)||✓||✓|
|Includes Brushroll Designed for Delicate Bare Floors||✓|
|Cord Length and Wattage||30 feet; 500 watts||30 feet; 500 watts||30 feet; 600 watts|
|Included Accessories||(1) Wide Pet Upholstery Tool (2) Dusting Brush (3) 12" Crevice Tool (4) Accessory Bag (5) Wall Mount Storage Hook (6) Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment with 1 Microfiber Pad||(1) Accessory Bag (2) Wall Mount Storage Hook (3) Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment with 1 Microfiber Pad (4) Flexible Hose (5) TruePet Mini Motorized Brush (6) On-Board Accessory Storage Clip||(1) Upholstery Tool (4) Wall Mount Storage Hook (5) On-Board Accessory Storage Clip|
|Bonus Tools||Home and Car Detail Kit (HV302), Under Appliance Wand (HV303)||Duster Crevice (HV322), Wide Upholstery Tool (HV322), 18" Flexi Crevice Tool (HV323), Pet Multi Tool (HV323)||Dusting Brush (HV380, HV382), Duster Crevice (HV381, HV382), 12" Crevice Tool (HV380), Accessory Bag (HV381, HV382), Pet Multi Tool (HV381), TruePet Mini Motorized Brush (HV382), Under Appliance Wand (HV381, HV382)|
At under 8 pounds, this ultra-lightweight upright vacuum easily converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning. It's equipped with swivel steering for excellent control when maneuvering around furniture, and offers two storage options: attach the hand vac to the bottom of the wand or secure it to the wall mount. It also comes with a Home & Car Detail Kit and the Dust-Away hard floor attachment to pick up debris and dust your bare floors.
Compare to similar items
This item Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV302)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||9.8 x 10.5 x 46 in||9 x 9 x 45 in||8 x 10.63 x 25 in||9.6 x 10.5 x 46 in||8.2 x 9.8 x 46.4 in||11.3 x 10.6 x 43.3 in|
|Item Weight||7.6 lbs||4.7 lbs||10 lbs||7.5 lbs||4.5 lbs||7.5 lbs|
|Additional Features||Swivel steering||Cyclonic, Headlights||Cordless, Auto-height adjustment, Bagless||Cordless, Superior pick-up power on pet hair||Hassle-free., cordless, bagless||Easy-to-empty dirt cup|
Top customer reviews
Normally, I wouldn't write a review when there are 554 others, but this vacuum cleaner has changed my life! It's hard to believe how much dirt it gets up-*every* time I vacuum...which means it's hard to believe how much dirt I was living in before, in the world of the Hoover upright. I'm still experimenting with all the attachment doodads--it's way more vacuum than I've ever had before.
But even though I love it, there are a few things that are less than ideal, for me at least:
*The cord is way too long. I get tangled up in it. It would be easier for me to unplug a shorter one and put it in another outlet in another room.
*The little devil is so powerful that it pulls me across the room.
*The dirt cup is hard to get off. I have to use a knife handle to push the release button while I open the cup with the other hand.
*I do wish it stood up by itself.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to persuade all my friends, clean-freaks and otherwise, to get one.
Here's the caveat, which maybe everyone else would know to look for, but I didn't. The vacuum cleaner fell over tonight and as I bent to pick it up, I noticed that the bottom was turquoise blue…just the color of my rug. When I looked closer, the entire beater bar was wound tightly with cat fur and blue strands from the rug. It took me 25 minutes to cut, pry, and pull all of it off--see the photo for how much there was. So now I know to clean off the bottom of the vacuum in addition to emptying the cup every time and washing the filter once a month.
My little Shark Rocket is still going strong.
*The dirt cup is no longer hard to get off--the latch is not as tight as it was when it was new.
*Now that I know to check the beater bar whenever I put it away, anything that gets caught is easily removed. The suction is still strong though--it once ate a sock.
*As it ages, the locking mechanism that keeps it upright doesn't work as well. It needs to be firmly propped up against a wall so it doesn't come crashing to the floor.
It still pulls in the most amazing amount of dirt, dust, and cat fur, even if I vacuumed the day before.
I was looking for something to replace a heavy, somewhat useless Hoover upright purchased in 1999 and an older model Shark that's no longer sold (as far as I can tell). The Hoover was on the way out the door for a variety of reasons but primarily due to it's weight and the fact that it didn't really suck much up. The older Shark was okay but wasn't powerful enough and it was a pain to detach the handheld part (awkward to get off the main frame). It also didn't have a powered head (or whatever that bottom part is called) so it really wasn't that effective on carpet. I would usually use the brush attachment with the handheld to clean my area rugs (on my knees).
We live in a tri-level house (so wanted something lightweight to drag up and down the stairs) and have mostly hardwood/tile floors with area rugs and one room with wall-to-wall carpet (so I needed something to easily transition from hard surface to carpet). I compared multiple models but was sucked in (haha) by the Shark Rocket infomercial. I'm also a little bit of a tightwad so the idea of dropping $300 on a Dyson just wasn't going to work for me. Unless it was like Rosie the Robot and actually did the cleaning itself.
- It works. It actually picks up things off both my area rugs and hardwood floors. I'm not stooping down to pick up pieces of sock lint or threads and feeding them into the vacuum. And it doesn't shoot little pebbles or debris back at you or spread it in some other direction. It just picks it up.
- It easily transitions from low to high speed to go from hardwood/tile to carpet. I can also use it on smaller area rugs without them getting sucked up into it (on both low and high speed).
- It's easy to detach the hand held part from the bottom part. There are three attachments that go directly on the handheld - a crevice tool, one with a brush on it, and one something like a lint brush on it (I think it's meant to pick up pet hair - we have a dog but he doesn't shed so I can't comment on how good it works). There's also a hardwood floor cleaner with a washable pad that you can attach to the end of the wand. You can also attach the other pieces to the end of the wand - I use the brush to clean baseboards and the crevice tool to get into corners, under the cabinets, etc.
- It's easy to empty the dirt trap with minimal mess.
- There's a washable filter that I would recommend washing frequently when you first start using this thing. I noticed due to my long-term lack of vacuuming power that I was really sucking up a lot of extra dust the first few times I used it.
- It's very lightweight (or as light as you can get and still have some power) and easy to maneuver. I can get under couches, coffee tables, my bed and so on without stooping down too far or getting down on the floor.
- The cord it nice and long. I can do each floor of my house (probably a 30'x30' space) without moving from outlet to outlet.
- It comes with a car detailing kit that I frankly can't wait to use but we're still in the depths of winter so it will have to wait until the weather warms up.
- It's top heavy so it doesn't stand up on it's own. You have to lean it against something or lay it down on the floor. This is minor and not really an issue but you have to make sure you are careful so it doesn't fall over.
- The attachments aren't "on board" and you can store them in the provided drawstring bag. This means that you have to take them with you to have them handy when you want them. This hasn't really been an issue but thought it was worth pointing out.
- People have commented that the dirt receptacle is small and requires frequent emptying. I'm happy to empty it since it seems to mean I'm actually cleaning something. I usually empty it 2, maybe 3 times if I'm vacuuming the entire house. It's easy to empty so this isn't a big deal in my book.
In general, the pros far outweigh the cons and I would definitely recommend this vacuum if you're looking for what I was. If you have all wall-to-wall, I'm not sure if you'll see the same results but for mixed floor types in an average sized house, I think this one can't be beat.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets