Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- 5.1 channel headset; 8 speakers (4 in each earpiece); Digital, in-line volume control; High end amplifier; Independent, illuminated volume adjustment for each channel and master volume; Detachable microphone with QuickOn connection
- X-Tatic Sound Control Unit (SCU); Supports Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Pro Logic; Supports the chat function of PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360; Dynamic Range Control. Includes detachable in-line volume control for easy breakaway and installation
- Center speaker: 2 x 27 mm; Front speaker: 2 x 30 mm; Rear speaker: 2 x 30 mm; Subwoofer: 2 x 40 mm; Impedance: 32 Ohm; Microphone: 6 x 5 mm (L x W) / unidirectional; Cable Length: 360 cm; Connection: 1 x 9-pin analogue plug
- Digital optical input (S/PDIF) 2 analogue audio outputs for the X-Tatic headset 3 analogue 3.5 mm audio outputs (front, rear, center / subwoofer) 1 microphone connector for PS3 (USB A > USB B) 1 power connector
- Compatibilty: X-Tatic Digital; PC / MAC / other sources: analogue input (via cable adapter); X-Tatic SCU; Xbox / Xbox 360: optical input ;PS2 / PS3: optical input / USB microphone connection PC / MAC: optical input / analogue
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Along with the headset itself, it includes
- optical cable
- "sound control unit" (your little magic black box where all cables run to)
- adapters for PC (comes with 5.1 analog for those w/o pc optical), 360, ps3
- detachable boom mic (it does flex to your preference)
- power supply (single cord which splits off to power your SCU and headset separately) Ex.) you can still disconnect the power to the SCU and still have power running to the headset by itself. The power supply comes with swappable heads. I guess this is if you go out of the country and want to use their foreign outlets.
It took me a little bit of time to figure out all these adapters, settings, and wires (there are a lot of wires.)
The Sound Control Unit (SCU) is where your optical, power supply and 9-pin headset connector come together. You can also adjust the general volume here, but I usually just use the volume adjust attached the the headset cord. There is a 5.1 analog output as another option for those PC users without an optical option. With two 9-pin headset jacks, a second person with the same headset may also listen in. Two Dolby options include Dolby Digital and Pro Logic. There are two included settings called Time-Delay and Dynamic Range Control located on the SCU.
Both of these passages taken directly from the manual. Either setting can be turned on or off.
"Time-Delay - The Time-Delay function allows to define a time delay for the sound reproduction for each speaker.Read more ›
I've been using these headphones mainly for PC and PS3 games. For those of you with intention of using these with an xbox 360, be warned you will need to purchase a specific xbox360 adapter for the optical audio (I would have tested MW2 already if I had the xbox360 connection). The PS3 has and most newer PC motherboards even have the optical audio connection. If you're really serious about having amazing PC audio, you might consider an aftermarket sound card ... but then again, if you ARE really serious, you'd be buying an ACTUAL 5.1 system and not just headphones.
These aren't meant for stereo sound and only do a mediocre job at best when just listening to music, unless you connect the 5.1 analog adapter and use the orange (center and sub channel), then it sounds better. I haven't compared these to any other gaming headset, but I have no complaints on the sound quality. You do have the ability to adjust the volume of the front, center, rear and sub channels which is very handy for getting the sound just right. You can go further and adjust other settings, but I haven't tinkered with that.
These headphones are also very comfortable. Most of the weight is on top of your head and not on or over your ears which greatly reduces ear fatigue. I have used them for 3+ hours with little discomfort!
Take note that these are in no way noise canceling headphones. If you have the volume down low, you will be able to hear what's going on around you, and those around you might hear what you are listening to if you've got the volume up very high. That's not a big problem though.Read more ›
After some browsing the web and reading lots of reviews, I came to the Sharkoon Xtatic. Not much was available online about it, as far as reviews go. I couldn't find many other 5.1 headset for the PS3, so I decided to take a gamble.
The verdict: I like my headset. It is a lot of fun to use and really immerses me in my first-person shooters, like Call of Duty. I also enjoy having the mic built in, as opposed to a standard 5.1 headphone set. However, I don't think the performance justifies the price tag. I feel like a stereo headset would be only a hint behind the Xtatic in performance, as the surround sound in the Xtatic is not very great. It does have a somewhat surround feel to it, but not what I had hoped for. If I could go back, I would have either paid more for a surround sound speaker set (and annoyed my roommate), or I would have paid less money for a nice stereo headset. I just don't think this headset performs well enough to justify the price. Also, I will add that the Sharkoon has quite a tangle of cables to connect in order for everything to work properly. This isn't a deal breaker for me, but for anyone obsessed with maintaining a clean, clutter free wire setup, I don't think you want this headset.
One more thing. I have noticed some nasty distortion when I play Guitar Hero World Tour. This tends to happen during the loading screen when the crowd is cheering. Haven't had any sound problems in CoD:MW, or MW2.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this back in 2012 and have used it ever since. Used it on the xbox 360 and now I use it on the xbox one(minus the mic). Read morePublished 11 days ago by Jonny Bee
This is an awesome headphone I was a little hesitate to order it (used but in good condition ) but I am glad I took the chance it arrived in 2 days on Prime shipping it did not... Read morePublished 2 months ago by pam trammell
True 5.1 excelent sound !
only cons is, there are too many cables -_-'
They sound great! But they have design flaws that hold these back. The power cable is not integrated withe main connector so it's a wiry mess. Read morePublished 6 months ago by NightRaven1080p
OUTSTANDING HEADPHONES, well worth the price and I get the full surround sound effect. I can even hear people running and reloading their weapons on Call Of Duty without the perk.Published 9 months ago by 💯 🎲 🎮 BlasianPapi 🎮🎲💯
I used these to replace the previous model. I am a dedicated Destiny player (PS4). To use these headphones I had to turn the ingame volume to the lowest setting, have the volume on... Read morePublished 11 months ago by CDM
I have been using this headset for more than 2 years. First of all, the sound quality is decent. It is extremely loud, you can even use them as a speaker BUT, they are extremely... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Ash
These were great while they worked. Little module blew out after 7 months. Expected better for the pricePublished 13 months ago by Jessica Lehr
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Video Games > PC > Accessories > Headsets
- Video Games > PlayStation 3 > Accessories > Headsets
- Video Games > Retro Gaming & Microconsoles > PlayStation 2 > Accessories
- Video Games > Retro Gaming & Microconsoles > PlayStation > Accessories
- Video Games > Retro Gaming & Microconsoles > Xbox > Accessories
- Video Games > Xbox 360 > Accessories > Headsets