Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 121 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 17, 2017
This is a sobering movie on the exploitation of sharks. The shark finning fishery, in particular, is an obscene practice. As I write this, I've learned that Rob Stewart died this month in a diving accident, so I assume there will not be a Sharkwater II.

Share this movie with your friends...
on March 25, 2016
I saw this in a semester in college. My environmental professor showed us this and it's one of the movies that makes me want to pursue Marine Biology as my major. It's really sad what they do to these animals, Sharks are my favorite Marine animals and they aren't as dangerous as people believe them to be. I wanted to add this to my library of movies just incase I ever need to show someone a great shark documentary.
on November 28, 2010
I like to eat shark fin soup until I read reports and watch this title.. This show speak a loud for Sharks.
It is a wake up call for humans. I am not only concerning about sharks but all other animals too. Eg Tigers hunted for the skin and other product, Fur creatures skinned for their furs.(Just to name a few.) This young man risk his life to produce this show to warn all of us, The message is simple. Do not upset of food chain of the ocean as Sharks has live in the ocean longer than any of us. It is maintained the food chain of the ocean well until man started to hunt them for their fins. If the world comes to an end, it is not God's ideal but we end this mother world by ourselves.
Be kind to animals as we are all created by God.
on April 22, 2017
Do not miss this film. Show it to your children, show it in schools. Rob Stewart has blessed us with his film. let it be his legacy
on May 23, 2017
This is a gorgeous and gripping documentary, and it changed me. Happily, it also helped to change laws and protect sharks, which we need to protect the health of the oceans.
on April 6, 2014
The documentary brings awareness to an issue where there exists a lot of misconception and misinformation, and as a result, almost always goes unnoticed. The film brings to light the magnificence of a species that pre-existed the dinosaurs through beautiful underwater scenes, the impacts of declining populations of sharks on ecosystems and on us, and the absence of national and international institutions that can adequately protect our oceans and ultimately ourselves. The documentary also effectively offers a solution and hope by explaining how education, individual choices, and collective action can help reverse some of these patterns.
on July 19, 2008
I saw this film 2 nights in a row when it played at a local theater. I was incredulous at the revelations of the documentary, that sharks are not crazed killers and that they are at the same time essential to the health of the ocean communities, and tragically being driven to extinction by human greed and ignorance. So I bought the film on Amazon because I had to have a copy to loan out to whoever would listen to make the pro-shark case.
You will be so impressed by the sincerity and dedication of filmmaker Rob Stewart and the people who help him. It was awe inspiring to see Paul Watson at work trying to protect ocean life. The underwater scenery is a visual treat and the interaction with sharks up close will undermine all your 'Jaws' fears. You will love this movie if you care about the planet. I sure was impressed. I also bought the companion "Sharkwater" book, which presents parallel but additional info that adds more detail and insight.
on February 10, 2017
This is a must see documentary for any ocean lover. This film showcases not only what we are doing to harm sharks and our oceans, but gives people easy solutions to help! Also, a must see for the shark phobic person in your life!
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2009
I am not a bleeding heart environmentalist but I do believe we need to understand the importance of keeping a balance with everything on this earth including sharks. I am a scuba diver and enjoy observing and giving respect to everything that keeps our oceans in balance when I am under the sea. This movie can teach so many people both young and old how important sharks are to us and why over-hunting (or in some cases just decimating for shark fin soup) could throw many things out of balance both above and below the water.
There are some parts of this film that are over dramatic and I did feel that the environmental group was acting beyond safety and common sense in some situations but overall it is an enjoyable film.
I think any young person would find value in this movie to understand and perhaps become interested in our oceans and conservation at a reasonable level.
on September 13, 2014
I work at lush cosmetics which promotes the fin free campaign, and I've known about it for years, but finally broke down and watched the movie. It had me in tears at the heinous crime of shark finning and the effects it has on the marine ecosystems and our own. I recommend this to anyone who wants to better their awareness and help fight back.