The AQUOS LC46D65U sets a new standard for large-screen flat panel TVs. With Full HD 1080p resolution and an elegant new design, it produces a breathtaking picture quality that is second to none. The LC46D65U utilizes Sharp's proprietary Advanced Super View/Black TFT Panel with Spectral Contrast Engine, providing high Dynamic Contrast Ratio, 6ms response time and wide viewing angles (176¿H x 176¿V). The LC46D65U is HDTV with built-in ATSC / QAM / NTSC tuners and include 5 HDMI¿ inputs, compatible with 1080p signals, and 2 HD 1080p component video inputs. The LC46D65U features a sleek piano black cabinet with subtle recessed bottom-mounted speakers. The included table stand easily removes for wall mounting applications.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer The D65U AQUOS series provides a superior Full HD 1080p picture with outstanding performance, utilizing Sharp’s proprietary Advanced Super View (ASV) / Black TFT Panel with multi-pixel technology. The Spectral Contrast Engine UD (Ultra Dark) provides high Dynamic Contrast Ratio with enhanced black levels, and a pixel response time of 6 ms, providing stunning picture quality even on fast-moving action scenes. Viewing angles are an impressive 176 degrees, enabling the color reproduction to appear vivid from virtually anywhere in a room.
The LC-46D65U features includes five HDMI inputs and two HD 1080p component video inputs, and built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC tuners. The HDMI inputs feature version 1.3 with deep color, which adds compatibility with many high-end features such as enhanced colors and audio, and they are compatible with AQUOS Link, which enables convenient control of compatible devices
The D65U models also reflect Sharp’s efforts to be an environmentally advanced company. The series is ENERGY STAR-compliant, with very low power consumption and offers a new "Power Saving Mode" available through the unit’s on-screen display menu, which enables active contrast and active backlight to reduce the energy consumption of the television while in use.
The LC-46D65U is encased within a sleek piano black cabinet with subtle recessed bottom-mounted speakers. The included table stand easily removes for wall mounting applications.
- Full HD 1080p: (1920 x 1080) Resolution for the sharpest picture possible
- Advanced Super View (ASV) Panel: with multi-pixel technology LCD Panel
- Spectral Contrast Engine Ultra Dark: for unrivaled deep blacks and delicate contrast management
- Active Contrast: Dynamic range extension based on advanced real-time picture analysis for a greater sense of depth
- Active Color: picture processing results in rich color, especially in bright scenes
- AQUOS Link: enables convenient control of AQUOS Blu-ray Disc Players
- High Brightness (450 cd/m2): AQUOS LCD TVs are very bright. You can put them virtually anywhere – even near windows, doors or other light sources – and the picture is still vivid
- Built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC Tuners: provide access to DTV and analog TV channels
- Seven 1080p Compatible Inputs: including five HDMI (v1.3 with Deep Color1) and two HD Component inputs
- OPC (Optical Picture Control): automatically adjusts brightness to suit room lighting
Advanced Super View (ASV) LCD 10-Bit Panel
| || |
By changing the layout of circuits inside the LCD panel and by reducing the number of parts, Sharp engineers developed the slim-line design which reduces depth by 25%, allowing placement of the D64-series televisions in virtually any setting.
Sharp’s innovative LCD panel technology, Advanced Super View panels provide pure whites, deep blacks and a vivid range of color. The panel provides a dynamic contrast ratio up to 27,000:1 and LCD TV industry leading 4ms response time for true film-like smoothness. A 10-bit panel increases the color capability from more than 16 million colors to more than one billion colors. This means richer color and a more accurate, more brilliant depiction of the world on screen
|By dividing each pixel into two sections and developing an advanced driving system, Sharp’s new Multi-Pixel Technology delivers more natural and accurate color reproduction when viewing the screen from virtually any angle. This technology improves extreme-angle viewing by approximately 60 percent. |
Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. Sharp’s 1080p panel uses a impressively high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 6ms. The fast response time keeps images smooth even in the midst of high-speed motion.
|Opened in 2006, the Sharp LCD television plant in Kameyama, Japan, includes one of the world's largest roof-mounted solar electricity installations. All Sharp factories achieved green status according to international recommendations that combine economic efficiency, social-mindedness and environmental conservation. |
At the factories, cogeneration and photovoltaic power generation systems supply approximately one-third of the total energy used. Combined with an on-site fuel cell system that converts energy without combustion, Sharp has reduced CO2 emissions by 40 percent per year. It's Sharp's goal that by 2010, the emissions avoided through the use of Sharp's energy-creating and energy-saving products worldwide will equal their annual global emissions.
All Sharp products are designed and manufactured to virtually eliminate lead, mercury and cadmium.
|Sharp has incorporated advanced HD connectivity and networking capabilities that expand the HDTV’s functionality. A variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the three Simplay compliant HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the customizable remote lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals using just one device. |
Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the 2 rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV. With the convenient 15-pin dSub connection, you can connect to your computer system and play your favorite PC games.
- Screen Size: 46-inch Class (45-63/64” Diagonal)
- Pixel Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Brightness: 450cd/m2
- Viewing Angles: 176º H x 176º V
- Lamp Life: 60,000 hours
- Audio System: 10W + 10W
- Tuning System: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Response Time: 6ms
- HDMI Input: 5 (1080p compatible)
- HD Component Input: 2 (1080p compatible)
- PC Input: 15-pin D-sub x 1
- S-Video Input: 1
- Composite Video Input: 2
- RS-232C: 9-pin x 1
- Audio Inputs (L/R): 3
- Backlight System: 3-wavelength
- Cabinet Color: High Gloss Black
- Table Stand: Included and removable
- Power Consumption AC: 245W
- Power Source: 120V, 60 Hz
- Limited Warranty: 1 year parts and labor from date of purchase
- Dimensions--TV with Stand and Speakers: 43-53/64 inches x 30-3/64 inches x 12-13/16 inches
- Dimensions--TV with Speakers only: 43-53/64 inches x 27-47/64 inches x 3-29/32 inches
- TV Weight with Stand and Speakers: 52.9 lbs.
- TV Weight with Speakers only: 41.9 lbs.
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get. |
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5