Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on February 1, 2010
I didn't want a big surround sound system, so I love the size and ease of hook-up for the sound bar. However, the speaker intermittently sounds fuzzy or "static-y" and has to be turned off. I haven't figured out what causes this to happen. It will work fine for some time, but suddenly goes bad. Sharp has authorized sending the sound bar in to see if they can figure it out, so they are working with me on the problem.

UPDATE: Got the sound bar back from the Sharp Repair Center. It didn't act up for them, so they didn't fix it. (I don't know how long they left it on?? It's an intermittant problem. Maybe they didn't wait long enough.) I hooked it up again and after about an hour, the sound went bad. When it's bad, it has to be turned off; you can't understand a thing from the tv audio - just fuzzy noises. I contacted Sharp customer service again via email; waiting for response. Since I like the size of the sound bar (and the sound is fine when it works), I hope they'll exchange it for a new one. If not, it's going to have to go back.
on January 30, 2010
My mom and dad had bought themselves a new LCD TV and were having problems hearing the sound. They are not very tech savy and had no need for souround sound system. After researching intensely, I decided to give this a shot. I must say that I wish I had bought two of these one for them and one for myself. Installation took all of 5 minutes and now my mom has to keep yelling at my dad to turn the tv down. They have a fairly large living room and this unit provides very nice quality sound. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a quick simple hookup to increase the sound quality of their tv.
on July 10, 2010
I bought the HTSB200 to go with my 40" Sharp Aquos LCD tv. Great tv but the speakers just don't have enough volume. It would really help if the web page had more information on the technical specs and images of the remote and the backside of the sound bar. Since I didn't know what the connections were and customers seemed to be ordering an HDMI cable with it, I also ordered a cable. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! The only connections on the back of the bar are 2 RCA (red / white) inputs, which will connect to the 2 audio outputs on the back of the Sharp tv, and a mini-jack input that can connect to a tv via the mini-headphone output on some tv's (the Sharp 40" tv has no headphone jack). The RCA cables are included with the system. If you plan to use the mini-jack, you will need to purchase a cable. There is no mini-jack output on the soundbar. I guess the assumption is if you want a fuller sound you're not interested in using headphones.

The hookup was indeed simple and I did not experience some of the problems others have had. I did have a problem getting the remote and the function buttons on the bar to respond when I powered the system up, but unplugging it and plugging it back in cleared that up.

The remote is small and uses a button cell battery (provided). It's pretty basic, with buttons for the soundbar themes (Standard, Cinema/Game, News, Sports), subwoofer level +/-, volume +/-, base/treble, display dimmer, mute, and line 1/2 to select input connection in use. It also has minimal tv controls for compatible tv's (works with mine) including channel +/-, volume +/-, input, and tv on/standby.

You'll get a small, thick manual printed in about 20 languages. You only have about 16 pages you need to be concerned with. I suggest you read them all. It's an easy installation but the manual may save you some time, especially if you have any problems. I keep the tv volume set to about 35 and I don't have any issues with the soundbar turning itself off, or any conflicts between the bar and the tv synchronization. As stated by others, you're not going to get Dolby THX out of this little baby, but if you want better volume and more control over the bass/treble settings this systems does the job nicely. I only gave it four stars due to the lack of additional connections. I'm very happy with it ..... I don't have to try to lip-read my tv anymore!
on April 4, 2010
The speaker worked well for a few months, then the sound cut out for a few seconds every 10-15 minutes. Sent it to Sharp under warrenty, they returned it in about two weeks. Don't know if it works because Sharp lost the power cord & won't replace it ($90 if I buy the replacement). The Sharp telephone suppoprt was rude & I was on hold for 25 min. I bought the speaker to go w/ a Sharp Aquos TV w/built in blue ray DVD, it's a problem also. I had to take a day off work to meet the repar man because the blue ray quit working & still is hanging up. So overall I don't recommed Sharp products because the quality is poor their support is worse.
on December 16, 2009
Sound Bar does exactly what I expected. I bought it for my Sharp 32" TV I have in my room, which is approximately 12' by 12', and it is a huge upgrade in sound compared to my TV speakers. Good price for a good upgrade in sound... Well worth it. If you're looking for booming sound, this is not made for that. It puts out enough sound to fill my room. I am very happy with my purchase.
on November 13, 2010
I purchased this sound bar from Amazon in mid September, but own it since October 2010. And the reason for that was not a late delivery. I returned my first bar. It turned out to have the same defect described in many reviews here - frequent drop out of the audio for about half a second. There are 3 reasons why I still very positively grade my experience.

1. Amazon customer service. I was about 2-3 days late to contact them about the defective product. The rule for unconditional return gave me 10 days since the purchase date. Three days were taken by delivery. Then I waited from Monday for a weekend to hang the bar. Then I was not sure if the problem was serious enough, but it was getting worse with time. I ended up requesting the return. At first the Amazon representative wanted me to contact Sharp for possible resolution, but after my second email they changed their mind and accepted the return. They even didn't request to return my prior to replacement, so when the replacement arrived I reused the fixtures from the original bar. In fact, I just switched the defective bar with the substitute in the package, leaving all accessories in the box intact. Thus the package I returned on the first glance was indistinguishable from new one. It could be really tempting for the sellers to sell the returned one as new again.

2. Very descent quality of the sound. The item really deserves the name Sound Bar Audio System. I completely agree with many reviewers here on that.

3. Ideal fit and integration with my TV. I use the bar with Sharp LC-32DV22U. The length of the bar is equal to the width of the TV. The remote control (I use one from Verizon FIOS, may be it's true for other remotes as well) provided plug-n-play experience as soon as I turned the bar on. When I adjust volume on the remote, it controls the bar (my TV's sound is turned off). In addition, the bar detects when the TV is off and goes into energy safe mode. It turns on again when I turn on the TV.

To summarize, the bar was ideal fit for my needs. I don't see any quality related problems after 6 weeks with the replacement unit. The only down side - the chances to get the bar with the infamous defect appear pretty high.
on December 29, 2009
I bought the Sharp HTSB200 2.1 Sound Bar Audio System for my father who has trouble hearing. After reading the reviews I thought it would work just fine to make the TV louder. I did not need it for viewing movies. The speakers make a static noise when you get it turned up a bit. My father could not use it. Sharp makes some nice stuff so I did not hesitate to buy this. But this speaker system is not worth the money.
on October 12, 2009
If you are looking to enchanse the sound on your flat screen tv, then this is the perfect piece to buy. The cost is so much less the theather sound systems. I would highly recommend this sound bar to anyone looking for better sound system for their televisions
on August 31, 2010
Flat screen TV in a relatively small room. I had an older iLive sound bar that I found to be somewhat frustrating to sound variations and quality. Purchased this bar based on an older review in national magazine and price. When I replaced the older bar with the new one I had a far more attractive unit, but really not that much change in sound quality (though treble was more responsive). Eventually put back in the older iLive and found an old subwoofer to attach to deepen the sound range.

As noted by others, this is smaller than the photo would lead you to believe. It has some fairly funky screw-in peg legs for getting it above a surface for better sound quality, but I could not tell the difference with or without. Overall quality of sound is good and you can adjust the basic Treble/Bass balance to effect, but the range of low volume to high is very narrow. There is no means of plugging in a subwoofer or additional speakers (have some extras from dead computers) which would have corrected a number of sound issues.

Overall, even at the reduced price, didn't get the value I would of hoped for.
on July 7, 2010
For the amount of money your spending on this Soundbar it's well worth it. This does not have a 5.1 HD Digital Audio surround sound, but a fair 2.1 frontal audio sound. If you need something other then your standard flat screen volume then this should do the trick because it provides enough explosive bite for a small or medium sized room. It's an easy assemble with just a few plugs of the RCA cables and power adapter to your flat screen. You have an option for a 3.5 optical cable plug, but it does NOT come with the package. You will need to buy that separately.

The controller is very small and convenient. You have the option of choosing what sound best suits you if you want to go with the "Theatre," "News," etc. options. There is a built in subwoofer that you can adjust accordingly to your liking, but to be quite honest is not what I was expecting with little to get excited over. There is also a treble and bass adjustment you can work with.

Overall it's well worth buying for the amount your paying!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.