Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humi..." and save 40% off the $449.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
3-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humidifying Function
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quiet operation purifies/humidifies rooms up to 254 sq. ft.
- Choice of "Clean air" or "Clean air and humidity" functions
- Plasmacluster technology restores the balance of ions to refresh air and humidification function adds humidity to the air for improved air quality in colder weather
- CADR for Dust 164 / Smoke 164 / Pollen 174
- Energy Star Compliant and AHAM Certified
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humidifying Function
- Captures pollen, dust, pet dander, and smoke - True HEPA 5-year filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Reduces germs, bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungus - Patented Plasmacluster Ion technology attacks impurities throughout the room
- Auto mode monitors air quality and adjusts air purification and humidity levels, and manual setting has 3 fan speeds
- Recommended for area up to 254 square feet
- ENERGY STAR rated
Plasmacluster + True HEPA + Humidifier
Patented Plasmacluster Ion Technology disperses positively and negatively charged ions throughout the room to safely break down microorganisms and odors (even those trapped in fabric, carpeting, and drapery!). It is an ideal solution for allergy sufferers, asthmatics, pet owners, and smokers, and best used in a bedroom, living room, study, or exercise room. LibraryQuiet, Humidification Function and ENERGY STAR rated.
- True HEPA Filtration effectively reduces pollen, dust, pet dander, smoke, germs, bacteria, viruses, odors, mold, and fungus in your living space.
- A dual stage filter system including an activated carbon filter and long-life True HEPA filter, which captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through it.
- The automatic air quality control system uses sensors to constantly monitor the air quality in your room, adjusting for air purity and optimum humidity level, and will also indicate when filters should be cleaned.
|Room Size sq. ft.||Up to 210||Up to 341||Up to 280||Up to 454||Up to 254||Up to 341|
|Room Type||Medium Bedroom||Small Living Room or Large Bedroom||Medium Bedroom or Large Bedroom||Large Living Room||Bedroom||Living Rooom or Large Bedroom|
|True HEPA Filter Life||Up to 2 years||Up to 2 years||Up to 5 years||Up to 2 years||Up to 5 years||Up to 5 years|
|Active Carbon Filter Life||Integrated with HEPA||6 months||Up to 5 years||6 months||Up to 5 years Washable||Up to 5 years Washable|
|Humidifying Wick / Washable Life||--||--||--||--||Up to 2 years||Up to 2 years|
|Water Supply & Humidity Sensors||--||--||--||--||✓||✓|
|Quick Clean Mode|
|Library Quiet: Clean|
|Library Quiet: Clean & Humidify|
|Replacement HEPA Filter|
|Replacement Deodorizing Filter|
|Replacement Humidifying Filter|
The Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humidifying Function purifies a room up to 254 square feet. It offers a unique combination of air treatment technologies to make you more comfortable, whatever the season. Bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust and odors can make breathing harder, especially for asthma and allergy sufferers. Sharp's KC-850U Plasmacluster air purifier helps remove these irritants with an ultra quiet fan that draws air through a 3-stage filter system. This filter system plus the revolutionary Plasmacluster Ion Technology for air purifiers makes the air healthier and cleaner smelling. For an even more comfortable environment, sensors constantly monitor the air quality in your room, adjusting the fan for air purity while providing the optimum humidity level. This combination of features is a smart way to choose cleaner, healthier, more breathable air.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I know what you think now - “well, another whining person who got bad product, while it happens and will not happen to me”.
But the truth is - I was advertising this product a lot, until it’s very cheap and simple flaw turned it into a $300+ vent.
The flaw is a pin that closes water tank and stops water from leaking when you put the tank in.
The problem is that pin is very fragile, it always under ‘stress’ even when you do not touch the device and, trust me, it will break. For me it survived slightly mire than couple months of actual use (twice a week refills, so if you’re in a dry area, I’d be expecting it to crack in a month).
And once it does, you will contact Sharp service just to realize that ‘this is considered a mechanical damage and your warranty is void’.
And the next thing you will realize is that there’s no option for you to just go and buy the tank lid or the pin itself, as their parts resellers only stock filters.
So, that leaves you with an extremely expensive fan, that will keep bugging you with red-light reminder to fill the water tank forever.
Trust me, don’t take the risk. Just buy any other purifier/humidifier combo from the manufacturer, that will not screw you over a 1-dollar replacement part.
-Provides ample air cleaning technology.
-For those of us who don't believe in putting these types of devices in the center of your room, when putting it against the wall you'll notice that the air flows backwards. The airflow is not adjustable. So when its 6 inches away from a wall the air doesn't flow towards you, it flows towards the wall.
-Humidity is a predetermined number which cannot be adjusted.
-Filters are extremely expensive.
Pros: Small so it doesn't take up so much space
seems to work well
Hepa Life filters last a long time. 5 years ( supposebly)
Carbon Filters last a long time , 2 years( assuming you wash it) Supposedly
Light Indicators warn you when you have to do Maintenance
If I want this against a wall then the intake has to be facing the wall which makes no sense to me. So I have backwards so the intake is facing towards the air of my room vs just the wall area But than I can't read the Monitor Displays.
Not a big deal though
Its somewhat loud on high speed Fan settings but it doesn't bother me and its right next to my bad.
The Plasma Cluster leaves this weird smell. It kind of reminds me of plastic but its kind of off so I turned it off. So I'm assuming that's the Ozone smell that some people are talking about. Its not super strong but its noticeable and I can feel how people with Asthma or other sensitivity can find this bad.
You still have to perform maintenance. About once a month according to the manual
I just received this item today so i will update this in the future.
- Sleek design, cool lights (if that's your thing, otherwise, you can turn off the display completely).
- Very quiet. However, if you're within a few feet of the unit, you can hear a faint clicking/zapping noise from the ionizer.
- Maintenance seems user-friendly. Humidifier tanks is removed easily, and the tray pulls completely out for cleaning.
- They moved the intake to the rear of the unit, so now I can't put it flush against the wall (the manual states 1-2 feet clearance).
- You can no longer adjust the direction of airflow, it only directs air towards the back of the unit.
- The humidity is not user adjustable, 60% is all you get.
- No remote like my old unit.
- Filters don't lock in place and seem very fragile. My old unit had a filter carrier/frame with rubber stripping around it.
Even with its shortcomings, I'm very happy with this unit and hope that it lasts as long as my other unit.
Most recent customer reviews
it's not perfect but does what it's supposed to do.
I use it in living room during the day and in bedroom at night.Read more