Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sharp LC-70LE735U 70-inch Internet Ready LED TV
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 12, 2012
If you don't know what DSE is, please stop reading as once you know/see it, you cannot unsee it. If you're still curious, go to AVSForum.com and search for the LC70LE735U sub-forum. My set could be perfect if DSE isn't as rampant as this. A Sharp technician will come out in 2 days to see what can be done to this. I REALLY would hate it if they need to exchange this set. I got it at my local Best Buy but would hate to bother my friend again to lift, unbox, install, etc. all over again especially when quite a few LC70LE735U owners at AVSForum reported the same thing.

UPDATE: I finally watched BD 3D + 2D on my 735, DSE was at a bare minimal at long last. So I know that this model (or MY set and the Best Buy set on display) is extra sensitive to poor, compressed signals in 1080i. But good 1080p looks amazing on it. I'm keeping it.
on April 15, 2013
This TV will really frustrate you if you've ever had a flat-screen tv with decent channel-changing response, menu response and the ability to set the energy consumption levels. I have several LG sets and this Sharp is not even in the same league. The picture quality is pretty bad. It is overly bright and washed out when the brightness is just set to normal levels. I receive over-the-air broadcasts and changing between channels is like waiting for the weather to change. Shop around. You can do a whole lot better than this thing. You could do worse, of course, but you can do a whole lot better. Oh, and the reason I have this tv is that the last one petered out and I got it as a free replacement after 3 consecutive failures of the older Sharp.
on February 8, 2012
This TV is the best I ever seen. I have a Sony XBR 60" and thought it had a great picture but it is nothing like the Sharp. Wife and I love the 3D. What's next Sharp?
on March 3, 2014
AquosNet Aquos Advantage advertised as a service that you get with this "smart" TV. Neither are available and Sharp refuses to provide it's customers with an ETA on when and if it will function. To me, Sharp should not be permitted to continue to advertise these components, when they are in fact not working. I was told by a Sharp customer service representative that the problems will not be repaired, and that in his opinion, I did not need to use these applications. I feel ripped off. Do not buy. Much better options available from other brands.
on September 15, 2015
Absolutely the worst of all the big TVs that I have. Would not buy a Sharp product or recommend to anyone.
on February 2, 2012
Bought this tv because of the reviews but was very disappointed. loved the coloring of golds and the picture size, but thats it. Side viewing is not good. Strange picture artifacts especially in situations where the scene has dark hair or clothing in dark settings (the hair will get all distorted). Speed is also a problem when watching football, it actually pixelates the throws, very distracting. Various other quirks as well even after hours of fine tuning. Returned this tv and bought the Panasonic Viera 65" Plasma instead. The Panasonic required a little fine tuning, which is typical of any tv, but I am completely satisfied with the Viera!!!!
on March 21, 2012
Got my Sharp Aquos LED TV for Christmas. Picture was nice but it quit working after only four months. I called Sharp and was informed the warranty is only three months. I can't believe they get away with doing business like this. Never again will I buy a Sharp product.
on January 16, 2012
Ok, first off I never write reviews, but had to in this case to save anyone for experiencing what I did with this TV.
I love my HD movies, and TV shows, but this set just doesn't cut it.
I bought the LC-70LE735U 3 days ago because of all the outstanding reviews it had gotten.
It was between this and the Panasonic 65" VT30.
All I can say is that this is being returned tomorrow.
No amount of calibration can do anything IMO to help the picture quality for this videophile.

PROS: It's big, that's about it.

CONS: Picture is horribly pixelated in dark scenes. My 5yr old LCD has a better picture and color than this.
The "soap opera" effect cheapens the look of your HD movies.
You can try turning off Film Mode and adjusting from Aquos Motion 240hz, 120hz High, Low, and off, but nothing truly removes the cheap looking motion enhancement. (seems as if you're watching daytime tv)
Sports look clear, but still blurred as does most high motion action in movies.
Also, the set has horrible backlight clouding.

All in all, my mother's $450 LCD TV from Sam's has a better picture quality.

Do yourself a favor and see this TV in person first before purchasing.
If you're a true videophile, movie lover, and enjoy true color and motion with no blur, GO PLASMA.
For around $3,000 you'd expect more.
I'm returning mine tomorrow!

UGH!
1313 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2012
I guess the extra 5 inches made me giddy but this TV is being returned. After a week of tweaking the picture(and using settings recommended online) I just cant get a picture even as close as my 2007 50 inch panasonic plasma... I watch alot of sports(football and hockey mostly) and the picture is just horrible. the 240hz is just not enought to get rid of the judder in fast plays or action scenes in movies..trust me, alot of channels look great in high def but sporting events are horrible....i mean the ice in a hockey game looks so white and ridiculous.. Blacks are soooo bad.....very blotchy...maybe i got a bad set ... I dont know what people who list this as great are looking at? just bluray? yeah they look good, but regular tv is bad(i have direct tv) ordering my 65 plasma now....
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2012
I just ordered mine but haven't got to review it yet. I would say for those of you who are SONY addicts, for your information,Some of SHARP subsidiaries are owned by SONY just like HITACHI is owned by MITSUBISHI and TECHNICS is owned by PANASONIC and so forth. I was stationed in japan in the 80's and I learned that from the dealers there and other sources. That is why if you love the technology of SONY but can't afford the label, you're getting similar quality from sharp, since sony has some subsidiaries in Sharp.