4 Year Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Sharper Image Sound Soother White Noise Machine
|Price:||$49.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Digital FM clock radio with gradual wake and snooze
- 20 Digitally mastered relaxing sounds. Helps you relax and fall asleep faster.
- Sounds Include; Aviary, Brook, City, Dockside, Ebb Tide, Everglades, Fireside, Foghorns, Heartbeat, North Woods, Oceanside, Rain, Rainforest, Roadside, Steam Train, Summer Night, Surf's Up, Thunderstorms, White Noise, Wind Chimes
- Extra large display with full sound titles
- Dual alarm with dual readouts makes setting alarm easy - wake to sounds or beep
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Sharper Image Premium Sound Soother Digital FM Clock Radio features 20 digitally mastered sounds that help you relax and fall asleep faster. Sounds Include; Aviary, Brook, City, Dockside, Ebb Tide, Everglades, Fireside, Foghorns, Heartbeat, North Woods, Oceanside, Rain, Rainforest, Roadside, Steam Train, Summer Night, Surf's Up, Thunderstorms, White Noise, Wind Chimes. Dual alarm with dual readouts makes setting alarm easy - gradually wake to sounds, beep, or radio. Extra large display with full sound titles and snooze function allow easy operation, and easy sleeping.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The display is a backlit liquid crystal, visible by day but not overly obtrusive at nite. The intensity of the display is adjustable by a rear mounted 4 position slide switch (Off, L, M, H). Medium works great for me. Rear mounted as well is a slide switch that enables or disables onboard automatic time adjustment for Daylight savings time. The items displayed when the unit is done being set up make real sense; very large Time of Day, a very small icon showing alarm(s) that are set (along with an icon showing what will be the alarm type sounded), also the actually day name, and the date (short month name and day number)are shown.
This unit allows the user to listen to one sound by timer to go to sleep by, and a DIFFERENT sound (or FM radio or alarm) to wake up to. From what I have read, the previous models did not offer this.
The unit is fairly lightweight, but has non-skid feet that stop is from sliding around. There are a pair of small speakers mounted rear facing that provide the sound. I find if I position the unit a little ways away from the wall behind the headboard, the Sound Soother does a good job of filling the corner of the room with sound. Better yet would be to position the unit as you would a white noise generator, (across the room, not so close to the head of the bed).
Some of the sounds on this are better than others to me. Certain sounds are cyclical by nature and lend themselves to the fairly short loop that the unit uses (Surf's up, Ebb tide, Dockside,ect). Several sounds are very nice just because of their content; I like the distant rooster in Everglades for example, and Rainforest is nice as well. The wake up sounds come on low volume at first, and then becomes louder over several minutes which is another nice feature. The box mentions clock "AutoSet", and I do not know what they mean by this. I was required, as part of setup, to tell the unit the month, day, year, hour and minute, AM or PM; I didn't see anything automatic about the clock setup. The clock has options in it for setting the alarm to only operate during the week (M,T,W,Th,F) with one single toggle setting, a nice little option.
I'm happy with this purchase, and I think this model is a improvement over some of the earlier models. I have not used the digital FM radio included in this model, so I have no opinion on the radio portion of the machine.
However the build quality has clearly gone down since those bygone years (sic). And by this what I really mean is the speaker. I already returned one and had it replaced, only to find that the new one has exactly the same tinny buzz to the speaker. This was not at all the case with the older EC-B100. For a device that is designed specifically for its soothing sounds, I am astonished that speaker quality is where they would choose to cut corners.
For those that don't know it, Sharper Image went bankrupt 4 years ago and was bought out by a new set of investors. Three guesses what they have on their minds, and for sure 'quality' is not it. Very disappointed.
The new model is much better designed and user friendly. First, the buttons on top are easier to use and better located.
The light brightness control has been improved. You can lower it to a more pleasant light for sleep. Volume control is easy as well.
The only reason I did not give 5 stars, is occasionally the white noise emits odd "clicking sounds". Just enough to disturb me. I cut it off and back on and it is fine. It doesn't do it every night. It's random. I've had the unit a week. If it continues, I will return it for another one. It may just be a weird thing. But so far, so good.
!) The display isn't blue. It is very pixel like and cheap. That being said, you can only see the display from a level or above angle. (If the stand or whatever you have this on is slightly above your bed, you can't make out the time.)
2) I could come up with 20 better sounds. In my opinion, 10 well done sounds with volume control would have been so much better! They are looped together poorly with a click between the very short loops of sound.
3) The alarm chock(s) setting for "smoothing sounds" is SO loud it is hardly smoothing, not to mention at the LOUD volume it sounds tinny and cheap. The alarm(s) volume can not be adjusted.
4) I could write a better manual.
5) The back up batteries do not keep the thing working during a power outage. They are are "only for use to re-set the clock, WHEN the power comes back on".
6) Don't get this clock!
Most recent customer reviews
The clock functions are nice and the backup is actually usable. Pretty easy to program.Read more