Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sharpie Pocket Style Highlighters, Chisel Tip, Assorted, 12 Pack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

Size: 12-Pack|Color: Assorted Colors|Change
Price:$5.24+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 22, 2013
I'm a college student and I use highlighters because I want to remember specific elements when referencing my textbooks for quizzes, tests, or just trying to remember something that I learned.

I have used Sharpies off and on for a number of years. I've never bought a set for myself. I have noticed that some bleed and some don't. This was the case when I used Sharpies that belonged to other people. I just assumed that the ones that bled were more-or-less "leaky", perhaps defective. I have now come to the conclusion that the ones I used, which did not bleed, must have been low on ink at the time.

The ink comes out super-wet and always bleeds through the page. Yellow is the most tolerable while pink and blue seem to bleed the worst. Its terrible, I turn the page and I can see the colorful lines from the last, which interferes with further highlighting and ends up making the next page look like a colorful mess. Instead of making it easier to flip through the pages and glance at points I want to remember, it makes it harder. Just from touching the pages while reading, writing on the margins and handling the Sharpie's, I end up with smears on the page and on my fingers!

I absolutely hate these things. I usually like most of the products that Sharpie produces, but these are the absolute worst. The ink just flows like water and makes a mess for me every time. I wanted to like these but I'm going to have to find something else. These are just too messy.
on August 14, 2015
Being a student I go through many highlighters! This being said, Sharpie is a great brand and love the purple. I bought this as an add-on item and saved about 50%. My only complaint is that Sharpie highlighters will bleed through the thin pages of a text book. They do a little better with lined notebook paper and even better with a thicker paper, such as computer paper. I found that since the ink took so long to dry, if I stuck a piece of paper between the two previous pages I have read, that the paper would soak up the excess ink instead of the text book. 1 Sharpie will last me through an entire semester and then some.
on April 27, 2014
Not ideal highlighters. Most of the colors are really dull. Not like purple dull or blue dull because of their cold nature - the orange ones are great disappointment, cannot be used as a highlighter at all.
on December 31, 2014
I was a color-coding highlighter freak in law school and for three years I only needed to buy two packs of these (though I did have an extra pack of red highlighters because I used that color a lot more). Law school text books are notoriously thin and these highlighters don't bleed through the pages. Highly recommend.
on September 30, 2014
Got these for the kids for school. Good value. What can I say they're sharpies!
on January 8, 2016
Nice colors for my new adult coloring books
on November 15, 2013
I bought these Sharpie Accent Pocket-Style Highlighters for my daughter, who needed them for highlighting notes and printouts for her college classes. She loves them.
on September 14, 2014
good
on May 15, 2014
Ive always used Sharpie highlighters and permanent markers. Very dependable and won't dry out even after leaving the top off overnight.
on April 29, 2014
The price for the sharpies was great. It was an add on, and I am very pleased with this purchase.