Sharx Security SCNC3605N Wireless b/g/n Weatherproof Outdoor MPEG4 IP Network Camera with Infrared Night Vision and built in DVR
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Update [February 5, 2011] - Just a quick note to say that the camera has still been working flawlessly, 24/7, for 6 months now. Outside operating temperatures have ranged from the 100 degrees to 13 degrees and it just keeps on working. I don't know why it has on again/off again availability on Amazon, as this is clearly the best outdoor wireless IP camera that they sell. However, apparently you can still order it directly from Sharx.Read more ›
When the camera arrived I followed the instructions for set up and everything went smoothly. As mentioned in other reviews the manual is very easy to follow and written in clear English. I had the camera configured and running on my wireless LAN system in about 20 minutes. With the picture quality and basic configuration all set up, the next step was being able to see the camera when I am away from home. I have AT&T Uverse for Internet service and the Sharx manual includes absolutely perfect instructions to configure the 2wire router so you can view the camera remotely via the Internet. Without the manual I probably would have been lost on this step but the manual made the process so simple! After this step my next test was viewing the camera on my iPhone Safari browser using the 3G network to confirm I had a WAN connection, and yes it worked perfectly. After the test I installed an app that a friend who has a handful of Axis cameras recommended called Live Cams and again everything worked perfectly. This is a great app for viewing IP cameras and worth the money ($1.99) if you have an iPhone or iPad.Read more ›
1. The manual is excellent, and totally sufficient for installation, assuming a reasonable degree of computer and internet saavy. No doubt the manual was written by a native speaker of the English language. <g> An index and table of contents would be useful additions.
2. Although I did not need Sharx tech support, other reviews elsewhere note that tech support is excellent. If you can set up a state of the art HD TV with surround sound and all the bells and whistles you'll likely have no problem setting up this unit.
3. The image quality (IQ) is outstanding, as well as the Depth of Field (sharp from front to back). I've set my unit to "record on alarm" (i.e., motion in the field of view) for a single still frame and a one minute video. Simply superb.
4. Upgrading to a 16 gig card is definitely worth the candle, as the DVR capacity is increased by a factor of four. New files automatically overwrite the old files once the card is full.
5. Obviously, my Sharx is setup in an outside location. The power-supply must be plugged into a weatherproof 115 VAC outlet within two or three feet of the unit's location. Durability is my only concern, but so far so good through high temperatures and rain storms. I will also update in several months on this issue. Assuming my durability tests are satisfactory, I also will be buying a second unit for additional coverage.
6. The nightime IR (infrared) works quite nicely as well.
All in all I'd rate this unit as a superior value.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Almost 2 years ago, I bought an indoor and an outdoor camera from Sharx. While the cameras - quite expensive IMO, are working OK, they are sitting ducks for cyber crooks because... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
This camera is mounted right on the shores of Lake Michigan. We just had a horrible winter and this camera made it through. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Todd A. Rosenthal
workhorse... but manufacturer's website has not published firmware updates.Published 17 months ago by 6c4u
I have had this camera in service for three and one-half years. It has worked flawlessly during this time. However, it is no longer responding. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Lucy
I absolutely love these cameras! Over the last two years, I have purchased 5. They cover about 70% to 80% of my property. I do have to reset them from time to time. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Ross Bagne
The camera works great and the company has an outstanding customer service.Published 23 months ago by V
The camera worked fine until I had to put it on another network. In the admin screen I reset some field in the IP settings and lost contact with the camera, and since then it will... Read morePublished on June 26, 2014 by Art R.