Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 71-80 of 310 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 369 reviews
on May 30, 2014
Great investigative writing and sensitive journalism in dealing with a young woman who seemed to be coming to the realization that "the man of her dreams" was nothing more than a greedy, self-centered jerk. I have to say that I am so surprised that Heather was allowed to raise Evan. I wish him & the Lucas' all the best. Well written, if sad book.
on September 3, 2016
Excellently written. Enthralling examination of the personalities tied into a murder. And, as one person put it, there was always divorce as an option.
on July 7, 2013
So many times I have read true crime books and am left hanging at the end. In fiction you can accept the ending because it is not true. In true crime you actually invest a part of of yourself in the victim and the outcome. This book brought the victims to life for me. I was invested and the
outcome wrapped it up so as to leave me in a place of resolve. Very well written. I will read this author again.
on December 29, 2014
I read crime novels because I'm driven to learn what drives people to do the things they do. This book has it all. I still have no clue what makes scum like Temple believe they can kill and walk away like it never happened but at least he got his. I hope someday Heather gets what she deserves.
on March 1, 2015
As usual with Katherine Casey books, they are well written and researched. My heart went out to the family and I can't help but think "how dare these men think they can get away with this". Really kept my interest, waiting for justice for these sweet innocent victims
on February 1, 2014
The title of the book, "Shattered", is perfect to describe the lives of all the people involved in this tragedy. It's unfortunate that it took eight years to get justice for Belinda. David Temple is a monster and if he hadn't been the "All American Hometown Hero" justice probably would have come much sooner. Well written by Casey, as always.
on January 29, 2011
I'm a big Ann Rule fan and found this author's writing style to be just as good. The book is very well written and provides the reader with a good background of all the characters involved in this story line. I became so immersed that I could not put the book down and read it within two days. I would recommend this book for those that enjoy reading true crime stories. I will definitely be looking for more books from this author.
on April 25, 2016
I like to read true stories that are well-write and this one is certainly that. The facts and evidence are well laid out and the 20/20 show about this case mirrors them.
on August 27, 2013
I love true crime and never read Casey before Shattered. I am now on my second Casey book. Interesting and thorough. Highly recommend. M
on July 15, 2016
Packaging was gift ready and tidy looking.
It arrived at the expected time.
The story of the book was excellent....sad but page turning!