Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on September 5, 2015
I listened to Frank Pastore's autobiography on CD and enjoyed it thoroughly! As a baseball fan and a Christian, I loved hearing about Frank's time in the major leagues and how he became a follower of Jesus Christ. I also enjoyed hearing about his tough childhood and his adult life with his wife Gina and their children. It was inspiring to hear how he faced adversity and finally found his niche as a radio broadcaster where he would have an opportunity to preach and teach and make a difference in people's lives (including mine!) My only quibble with the book is that occasionally the narrative seemed to bounce around a bit, but overall it was a straightforward chronological story of the life of a man who wore many hats and accomplished a great deal in spite of some pretty challenging obstacles!
on August 29, 2011
This book got me laughing out loud while completely identifying with the author's childhood and traumatically embarrassing moments. How he described those and his thoughts at the time the events happened took me right to those times in my own life and reminded me of exactly how I was thinking then. No WONDER those things happened, much less felt so bad at the time. But I have to say- his were worse.
The authors story of discovering REAL Christianity through the love and patience of his fellow players, C.S. Lewis, Josh McDowell, and of course, the REAL Jesus, as opposed to the characature of him presented by his mother and others, was excellent.
This is one book I may actually read again.
on April 14, 2013
The now late, Frank Pastore wrote and reads this book of his life from dorky kid to baseball pitcher to great romantic love to shattered dreams to finding out the real truth and purpose of his life... It's a great read that leaves you wanting more. I was a fan of Frank as the radio host for 10 years... I know others who know him as the great baseball pitcher whose career ended way too soon... This would be an excellent gift for that sports fan, atheist or agnostic in your life and/or and excellent read for yourself. Now that Frank is gone, I especially treasure this book. Breaks my heart we lost him for what seems too soon!
on June 14, 2010
I'm a big fan of Frank Pastore's show on KKLA - the intersection of Faith and Reason and so I was eagerly awaiting his book. I wasn't disappointed. I read it while on vacation and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed getting a sneak peak into MLB. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I do like it. I liked his honesty and humility. He doesn't sugar coat ANYTHING. I liked how he spoke of his past; how he found the Lord in his life even though he was a devout atheist. I liked how even though he found the Lord, it didn't magically make everything better including his relationship with his mother. He is real and I appreciated that. If you are looking for honesty about what it means to have a real relationship with the Lord this is THE book to read.

The shredder girl call (Frank will know what this means!)
on April 18, 2015
Couldn't put this book down. Truth is certainly more awesome than fiction. This man's life is a strong testimony of God's grace and love partnered with a man who learned what it means to live by faith. Very inspiring!
on January 2, 2012
I would highly recommend this book .. So appreciate Frank's willingness to be brutally honest.. childhoods for many people are awful.. pure and simple.. the kind of awful that you don't ever want to think about.. let alone write about in a book ..But I'm glad Frank did... Frank's story has the potential to help others whose childhood story is just as awful but is still the Truth of their childhood non the less.. and when anyone deals with the Truth of any situation in a healthy way I believe you have a win win result..
on August 5, 2011
I purchased this book because of my having seen Frank Pastore on the Hour of Power broadcast. I was surprised to see this former Cincinnati Red's pitcher sharing his faith experience on TV. I found this difficult to put down... always wanting to find out what happened next in his life. I finished the book in just a few days time. This well worth the time and money.
on January 10, 2013
Pastore does recount some of his baseball experience, which as a fan I found interesting. However, much of the book focuses on his relationship with his parents, which wasn't so positive. It also recounts his hurts and brokeness, and how, through his faith he overcame it and performed some successful ministry. No magical answers, and not every situation in his life became resolved, but he was able to break the family curse of brokeness and disfunctional relationships.
on August 17, 2017
I just love this book. I didn't know Frank, yet I still miss him and his teachings.
on January 2, 2013
This book give hope to those who have had difficult beginnings. I loved how honest this book was. Also, it gave me one last glimpse into Frank Pastore. It's sad that we always think someone is going to be around to catch up with and then they are gone. May God be a constant comfort to Frank's family.