Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Shawn M. Galloway
Shawn lives in Houston, Texas and is also the co-owner of Galloway Cattle Company with operations in Hockley, Texas.
A list of upcoming events can be found at http://proactsafety.com/events/event-schedule
Customers Also Bought Items By
Lean BBS addresses the four major issues found within the average behavior-based safety process:
1. BBS provides successful results for many organizations, but they are looking for a way to take the process to the next level. The Lean BBS methodology takes them there.
2. Some are adamantly against BBS for a number of reasons (union resistance, questionable implementations, cookie-cutter and inflexible approaches, etc.). Lean BBS gains bargaining unit support, is fit-for-purpose and customized to the realities of each organization.
3. Organizations with vastly different processes from site to site want to bring uniformity across the company. Simply changing from one methodology to another is not appealing nor rational. Implementing a more efficient Lean BBS model was both appealing and a rational solution to encourage the processes to evolve towards value-add.
4. Some hesitate to pursue BBS due to high costs and demand on internal resources to operate the process. Lean BBS provides an alternative that addresses these concerns due to the hyper focus on efficiency and ensuring value-add.
While several version of BBS have been around since the 1980s, few of them have truly adapted to the changing environment in which they must operate. The Lean BBS process has not only evolved, but continues to do so with each customized implementation. Making BBS fit your culture, operations and logistical realities, rather than trying to make your company fit some idealistic model, is a key to success in today’s realities.
From the authors of bestselling books on the future of safety excellence, safety strategy, culture and leadership, explore how to put the principles of Lean BBS to work in your operations. Discover the new realities of behavior-based safety.
Provides a clear road map to instilling a culture of safety excellence in any organization
Did you know that accidental injury is among the top ten leading causes of death in every age group? With this book as your guide, you'll learn how to help your organization develop, implement, and sustain Safety Culture Excellence, vital for the protection of and improvement in the quality of life for everyone who works there.
STEPS to Safety Culture Excellence is based on the authors' firsthand experience working with international organizations in every major industry that have successfully developed and implemented ongoing cultures of safety excellence. Whether your organization is a small regional firm or a large multinational corporation, you'll find that the STEPS process enables you to instill Safety Culture Excellence within your organization.
STEPS (Strategic Targets for Excellent Performance in Safety) demystifies the process of developing Safety Culture Excellence by breaking it down into small logical, internally led tasks. You'll be guided through a sequence of STEPS that makes it possible to:
- Create a culture of excellence that is reinforced and empowered at every level
- Develop the capability within the culture to identify, prioritize, and solve safety problems and challenges
- Maintain and continuously improve the performance of your organization's safety culture
Although this book is dedicated to safety, the tested and proven STEPS process can be used to promote excellence in any aspect of organizational performance.
By optimizing the safety culture in your organization, you will give the people you work with the skills and knowledge to not only minimize the risk of an on-the-job accident, but also to lead safe, healthy lives outside of work.
Most books on strategy focus on external strategy: competition with rivals in business, or overcoming the enemy on the battlefield. This book is different. The authors take strategic thinking and give it a new focus of attention inside your organization. Inside Strategy is aimed at aligned continual performance improvement. Inside Strategy gives you - and everyone in your organization - a method of managing an unknown future to create new value for your internal and external customers, every day.
The marketplace and allocation of internal resources are both increasingly competitive. Safety strategies of the future must align with evolving business goals. Will your company's safety efforts keep up with the demands of the future?
Emerging trends are becoming increasing visible regarding how safety is viewed, thought of, strategically managed, and how progress is measured. Moreover, the cast of characters, the roles they play, and accountability for responsibilities are evolving, all for the better.
The seven predictions found within this book are based on the authors' years of deep experience as trusted safety advisors across all industry sectors. Follow their actionable recommendations to test strategies, then anticipate and adopt superior practices.
Tap this vital industry intelligence to create a powerful, sustainable safety culture for your business and turn it into a competitive advantage.