BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Shazzan: The Complete Series
Format: DVD|Change

on August 26, 2017
This is truly a genie who expresses laughter when facing his enemies, without any fear of defeat. He has made it his quest to do what no other genie would do or think of. Chuck & Nancy found the lamp & discovered a genie like no other, He does much more then make wishes. He is a constant body guard to Chuck & Nancy every time they put the ring halves together & call out his name, up until they return the lamp & Shazzan to its rightful owner, only then will he send them home. Chuck & Nancy's own tricks include (The cloak of invisibility) & (A magic rope) & a flying camel named Kabooby created by Shazzan.
No matter what his foes try to do they never gain very much of an advantage over Shazzan.
I think that's what I like about the show.
All the jokes Shazzan comes up with while he's facing them. He's never really too serious when they try to match his powers. Shazzan only makes it look like he's over & done with just for a few seconds, before returning to finish off his foe.
Chuck & Nancy I like them too.
I think Aladdin & the other genie in both those movies is flat out Stupid.
This one has more to it as far as adventure goes.
I love this show. Never gets old.
on June 11, 2017
Brought me back to my childhood. Of course, it doesn't stack up to today's animation, but the stories are fun and you get invested in seeing if the kids make it home and what next predictiment Shazzan gets them out of..just fun
on July 25, 2015
What a wonderful trip down memory lane. This cartoon has not been on television for years, not even on Foxtel. As a little kid I always wished I could have a genie like Shazzan that I could summon to help me deal with bullies or to get out of tricky situations. I love Kabooby, with the cute noise that he makes - Don Messick making a pre-Scooby Doo babble. The villains are nasty pieces of work and quite memorable, especially the Master of Thieves, and Mercuraad with his winged feet. While cartoons of the 60s lacked the special effects of today and were made with limited budgets, they are much better than the ones of today and actually have proper storylines.
on April 3, 2014
Chuck and Nancy--brother and sister find a chest in a hidden cave in Maine. In it are two rings that fit together forming a name "Shazzan!" This introduction is before every half hour of the show which has two episodes. Unfortunately they never return the rings to its rightful owner and they never return. Though when Space Ghost made an unexpected appearance he was sent back to his time and dimension by the gentle genie.

Still the interesting part was where Chuck, Nance and Kabubi their winged camel. (Think pre Scooby Doo) The meet beautiful princesses and evil magicians and terrifying monsters. Unfortunately they are still trapped when we leave them.

There is a very interesting look at "Shazzan" too and the dilemma of having such a deus ex machina in the stories.
on January 16, 2017
Remember this originally from 1966 but
really got into it when it aired as part of
"Hanna Barbera World of Super
Adventure" in 1979.
Quality is excellent and a fitting addition
to the classic HB library that's already
available.Now you can create your own
"World of Super Adventure" commercial
free any time you choose!!
on January 26, 2015
I love 60's and 70's cartoons and was delighted to find "Shazzan" available on DVD finally. I loved watching Shazzan work his magic on all the opponents that Chuck and Nancy found themselves up against. The sound quality is good, and the image quality isn't bad either. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, so I don't remember if they ever found their way home or if there was a closing episode, but either way, I'm glad that I purchased this set.
on October 20, 2012
From the moment this show appeared, I loved it. The whole idea of an Arabian Nights-style dimension was very intriguing to me. Shazzan is the type of friend we all want--someone we can depend on, someone who always knows the answer, someone who can pull a few strings, and his magical powers don't hurt, either. At the beginning of each show, we are told about how Chuck and Nancy discovered the magic rings that summon Shazzan. I was sort of hoping that in the last show of the series, they'd make it back home. They don't! It seems that they're stuck forever in that pseudo-Arabian land. Oh well, with Shazzan nearby, maybe it's not that bad after all.

I've waited for years and years and years for this show to become available on DVD. Now that it has, I'm very satisfied. The picture and sound are excellent!
on July 22, 2015
all 18 episodes, with 36 stories on two discs. Great packaging and the cartoons look great for ones that are almost 40 years old. Don't watch them all at once though, as the episodes tend to get a bit repetitive here and there. There's also a little bonus feature on the second disc which is nice. really well done.
on May 24, 2017
love the cartoon
on November 23, 2014
Watching these all brought back some happy memories. I used to love the Shazzan cartoons as a boy, but never saw them all. Was happy with everything, the quality, the sound, the price (which I found was worth the memories because I'd been looking for the complete set for years), the cover, the discs. I'm extremely happy with the set.