Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on April 29, 2014
I wanted a cheap, small umbrella that could fit in my purse and this one does the job ok, but it's almost a bit too small. Things to note are that the umbrella doesn't expand too much. It can only fit one person so if you ever need to share umbrellas or you are carrying a big backpack this will only keep your head dry. Size is not a big issue. The one thing that bothered me was that the handle was super small. I am a pretty tiny lady with small hands but the handle was too small even for me. It's about 2" long so I could only wrap about 3 fingers around it. When I use this I mainly just hold onto the stalk because the handle is just so uncomfortable.

I couldn't recommend this umbrella unless you are super cheap like me and almost any small umbrella would do.
on January 24, 2015
At first the umbrella worked fine, but within a few days the whole thing fell apart. The umbrella rod broke, the opening function was not working, and the metal pieces around the dome area broke & became detached, leaving the umbrella to look droopy.
"Lifetime use" is false advertisement.
"Engineered to resist windy conditions" is very untrue as this umbrella turns inside out almost every time the wind blows regardless if the wind is gentle or harsh.
If you want a cheap umbrella for short-time use, this one is fine, otherwise don't bother wasting your money.
on March 31, 2014
This umbrella was a terrific price, the reviews were okay and I was planning to use it for a simple trip. It just arrived in the mail and it looks fine so I happily opened it up BUT now I had a problem. It was very difficult to close. I did not see any other review that said this, but honestly I would not want to try closing this umbrella with wet hands or while I was opening a door or in any situation other than in my living room with lots of time and space. It closes in a strange way with very small release buttons. I am returning it and will now happily pay a few more dollars for a different umbrella.
on January 19, 2014
I ordered a different color for each of my staff for Christmas. They loved them. I needed a gift that would be the same for evrryone, was not too personal and was reasonably priced. The Shedrain was perfect because they all have quite a walk from the parking garage to our office and they have all complained that regular umbrellas cannot take wind on that walk. Choosing a color for each employee made the gift more special
on August 31, 2014
I haven't actually used this as an umbrella. Should work, I'd expect. I bought it as an easily-portable camera-flash diffuser - a directed bounce-flash means. Of course, for that it needs to be white in color. It seems to work pretty well provided that the flash flashes very brightly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This is a $10 including shipping Made in China mini umbrella. Let's just say you're not going to be leaving this thing in your will to your kids. If you are lucky, it will last one season. It looks like any other cheap umbrella on the inside... some loose threads and lots of metal parts that fit together in somewhat only an umbrella engineer can figure out, and if one of those breaks the whole thing goes kablooey. So far mine hasn't broken but it's just a matter of time... I can't imagine this standing up to a windstorm and will likely just carry it around in the rain hidden in my bag so it doesn't get damaged, and I'll get soaked. Sort of defeats the purpose of an umbrella.

OK I'm being a bit tongue in cheek but this is what I'd refer to as a "street umbrella"... the kind that the vendors sell by the subway station entrances around the world at the first drop of rain. In Hong Kong I bought one just like this for $20HKD which is about $3 in US dollars. So I'm guessing they cost about $1 to make and the rest is profit and shipping.

What do I like? It opens and closes fairly easily, and it will fit in my shoulder bag that I wear when my partner and I are on holiday, which we are about to do in a place where it rains a lot (I'm also ordering mosquito repellent, but that's a different review). If all goes well, this will work the length of the trip and probably not much longer, ending up in a garbage can in our hotel room the last night. If it lasts longer than that, I'll update this review with the miraculous news.

Bottom line, an umbrella that will likely last you a few storms, but not one that is priced or built to last.

Hope this helps.
on June 23, 2015
Pole bent before I even opened the umbrella! Ended up giving it away to a person stuck in the rain -- I assume it shields from rain okay, but it was no longer possible to collapse it / push the pole up into the other end to make it shorter, so it's not useful as a purse-umbrella.
on December 15, 2014
Bought this as a prop for a Halloween costume. For that it was fine, but as far as actually using as an umbrella I don't think I could recommend it. After opening it only 2 times the metal rods inside snapped and it would no longer stay open.
on August 14, 2015
Great umbrella! Was a little hard to close at first, however after a few uses, it works great and protects me from the rain! Would recommend this product to others looking for a good umbrella!
on July 24, 2014
I got this one and a pink one. The orange one is holding up well, but the pink one has a bent spoke, and the button that releases the umbrella has NO cover at all so it's just a sharp chunk of metal. It's actually pretty painful to try and use.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question