BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on October 24, 2013
I had one of these umbrellas for a number of years before the stitching tore on the vented section. I was so pleased with it, that I sought out another of the same brand. I found them here on Amazon and eagerly ordered one. It tore the same way on the second day of use. Pretty disappointed but I found they have a lifetime warranty - so I'll be sending both to ShedRain and hopefully I'll get them both fixed! I'll update with more info.

Update: I sent in both ShedRain Umbrellas and they came back to me pretty quickly and completely fixed. Two stars given back for swift, competent service!
on March 12, 2013
Philadelphia isn't really known for being particularly windy, stormy or otherwise climatically interesting - pretty much your standard east coast seasonal changes, minus anything extreme happening along the shoreline or in the big hurricane-prone apple. Nevertheless, the ShedRain Windjammer (which replaced my ShedRain Gellas - broken by the wind) barely survived a quarter of the year in the storms of brotherly love.

The twelve total blocks I walk each day between the train and the office were apparently too much for this tragically clever little auto-open and closer. The tines are now bent and the canopy dramatically loosened by the nowhere-near-gale-force winds of Philly-town, having been flipped inside out multiple times by the stormy winter season's utterly non-epic thrashing.

The point is, if you're looking for an umbrella to keep you dry when you're standing in the shower, this one might pass muster. For long-lasting use in actual outdoor storms, though, I advise you look elsewhere.
on February 6, 2017
This umbrella is very convenient. The auto close button is a very good feature that collapses the umbrella (though you still have to push it back in). It stands up to strong gusts due to the built-in vents which makes sure your umbrella doesn't break in high winds. Would definitely purchase another, but possibly a larger size since this one is only ideal for one person to fit under.
on June 23, 2017
I love this umbrella--it's actually my second one. I lost the first one while travelling so I had to replace it with exactly the same style. The umbrella is sturdy, compact and great for travelling. It also features a wind vent so it can handle strong gusts of wind. I originally purchased this umbrella in Seattle, WA and it performed great in the windy/rainy winter conditions. My husband and mother-in-law have the same umbrella as well-we bought them in three different colors so they are easily identifiable on our drop station.
on March 18, 2013
I've lived in multiple locations with varying weather patterns. So having a durable and sturdy umbrella is key. So far, so good with this one. The double vent has helped the umbrella hold up to various types of showers (heavy down pours, light rain, sideways rain with strong windows). It is more difficult to close the umbrella (locking it in place after the umbrella automatically collapses) then I anticipated but it hasn't been a deterrent to use so far. The handle is also solid and grip helps it stay in my hand when a gust of wind blows. Size is also ideal, it is larger than a tote umbrella but smaller then a full size "golf" umbrella. A good size for me to stick my back pack or larger tote bag.
on April 14, 2015
It wasn't as big as I thought it would be. I bought this because it was made by the same people who made an umbrella I had for years that was the best umbrella I had. The best umbrella I bought on my honeymoon and it got a lot of use so I hoped to replace it with something similar that would fit in my big bag. This didn't match up but it is still a good umbrella. I can't say it was worth what I spent, but it is a good umbrella. It's good in windy weather. I just wish it were bigger and that the button collapsed it, like my other one.
on November 16, 2015
The umbrella is defective. Got mine today, Doesn't open all the way without you having to pull it to the open position. FYI it is sold for less at every home depot store. The only nice part of this small sized umbrella is the handle.

barely covered anything first time in rain

also the string fell out of the handle in first 15 minutes of use

DO NOT BUY! THIS PRODUCT IS GARBAGE!
on March 22, 2017
These umbrellas can withstand the winds in Chicago... no more needs to be said!! They may blow wrong side out but can immediately return to normal position, thanks to the vents.
on August 27, 2017
Fundamentally doesn't work as advertised. It does not let the wind through at all. Nice idea but a failure in the real world.

The general quality of the umbrella was also not consistent with the price, and the extra material just made it bulkier and heavier than similar sized umbrellas. I bought this hoping it would last longer than the $8 umbrellas I usually have to buy each year (they rarely last longer than that), but it didn't.
on August 21, 2013
First, note that this is a small umbrella. This is for one person, and just barely. But if you fit inside it, it certainly gets the job done. Its expansion/retraction mechanism is excellent, and has never failed. What's nice about the retraction is that it retracts while being fully extended. So if you're getting in a car, and you hold the umbrella out the door, when you press the button it doesn't soak you, as the movement at the end of the pole.

It also is really good at shedding rain. A good shake it all it needs to be more or less dry. That, plus slipping it in the included cover will give you a dry package that you can slip into a purse or a back pocket without worry.

There is a lot of flex to the umbrella, in all dimensions. This is probably desired, to some extent, to "give" to winds a bit, but it does feel flimsy in a way that I don't love.

It's small. Small enough that I can slide it in the back pocket of my jeans (it sticks out, but isn't in the way). If you have a purse larger than a clutch, this is a good one to get.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.