Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 450 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 567 reviews
on August 14, 2014
As both a mom to an (almost) 3 year old daughter with autism & an Early Childhood Educator, I highly recommend this book! My daughter struggles most with communication due to her autism, so I am always looking for books to help promote her speech, and this is one of our favorites! She loves sheep (after her speech regression between 13-15 months of age, at around age 2, baaa-baaa was one of the first things she started consistently saying again), so I thought this book would catch her attention. The book rhymes, & is catchy; I memorized this one after only having read it a couple times. We read it one day when her SLP was over for speech therapy, & she really liked the book, too. It offers a lot of opportunities to emphasize words, which is a strategy we use often to try & promote speech with my daughter. The book is also very silly, & will leave adults & children giggling all the way through!
on January 14, 2016
Not only is this a well illustrated book that makes my daughter laugh, but it is short! Extra bonus points for Mom! The text of the book is rhyming with a nice flow so it is easy to read as you delight your child with the antics of silly sheep who probably shouldn't be driving a jeep. It would also be great for a new reader learning to sound out short, easy words.
on March 19, 2013
Sheep in a Jeep is an excellent read. The words are to the point. There is a repetitiveness that makes it a very predictable text for younger readers. I found that my students were very invested in finding out what exactly was going to happen to the sheep. They laughed out loud at various points! The illustrations were spot on. They were very easy to use in order to help students discern unfamiliar words.

I love using this book in conjunction with our Science class. It is very easy to use with force and motion. There are various representations of push, pull, resistance, motion and inertia. I would definitely use this book again!
on January 13, 2016
This book is very simple. I thought it would be more like a story, but it's just quick sentences that rhyme. Like "Jeep in a Heap. Sheep Weep." I personally thought my 2 year old would think this book would be boring due to how simple it is, but he LOVES it! He laughs and thinks they are so silly! One of his favorites! Who knew!? Would recommend! Kids enjoy it! :)
on August 22, 2014
....almost too pretty and simple for my 10 month olds. I haven't been able to keep their interest with this book at all. I think the illustrations, though prettily done, aren't eye catching/colorful enough to attract babies' attention and the story consists of lots of words that rhyme with jeep (sheep in a jeep on a hill that's steep) and two-word sentences. Maybe older toddlers would appreciate this more, but I don't think it's a good choice when you're just beginning to read to babies.
on February 15, 2015
Just be warned, you have to have a sense of humor when you read this book, because your child, toddler, will ask you to read it about 50 times a day. And you will by surprised one day as your children get older that you can actually forget the text. And you will feel sad that moment has passed. This is a book fundamental to your child's growth and is just a hoot to read.
on August 19, 2011
I remember reading Sheep in a Jeep to my nieces and nephews a while back but I bought the Lap sized board book for my granddaughters ( need to fit two of them on my lap!). They are a little baffled and don't quite see the humor but I suppose it is asking a lot of 20 month old girls. I know they will enjoy it more as they get
older and I will make sure to bring it out at regular intervals. I certainly enjoy reading it as did my sister and my sister in law. I think that one of the marks of a good children's story is one that mom, dad, grandma and grandpa will enjoy reading as much as the children who are listening. After all, if it is cloying and sentimental mush, Mummy and Daddy might not pick it up again which will not serve the children quite as well!

I thought the price of the lap sized book was WAY over the top and would be quite happy reading them a regular lap sized book. My bad.
on February 28, 2017
I bought this for my son's library because his father is a Jeep enthusiast. It's such an adorable story I bought another one the next day for a friend who has two boys and a daddy who also loves Jeeps.
on October 26, 2016
Such a cute book! Love that the whole story is comprised of words that rhyme with sheep. The story is simple so it keeps my daughter's attention pretty well. I think as she gets older, she's going to love this book even more.
on January 16, 2017
we bought for grandson. It was o.k. we had high expectations that it would be like his blue truck book. Not as good as blue truck book but we had fun reading it to him. He will be 2 in Feb.