Shel Horowitz, a/k/a “the Transformpreneur”, founder of Going Beyond Sustainability, is your “Social Transformation Sherpa” to navigate an exciting new world where business success revolves around helping the planet. With decades of experience in both the business and environmental spheres—helping companies braid them together profitably for more than 15 years—Shel helps you identify profitable business opportunities within your organization’s existing expertise and interests that help turn hunger and poverty into sufficiency, war into peace, and catastrophic climate change into planetary balance.
The best-selling and multiple-award-winning author of 10 books including award-winners Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World (which debuted on two Amazon.com bestseller lists) and Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (34 months as a category bestseller lists), Shel is:
• A certified International Platform Association Accredited Speaker and TEDx Talker who has presents programs like “Impossible is a Dare” and “Making Green Sexy” to audiences from Davos (Switzerland) to Istanbul to Honolulu
• A frequent media interviewee, with repeat appearances in the New York Times, Forbes, Inc, Christian Science Monitor, Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur, ABC News, and elsewhere
• A profitability and marketing consultant for green and social entrepreneurship businesses who can see both the forest and the trees, bringing laser focus and fresh ideas to create profitable new opportunities to “do well by doing good”: new markets, new products, new ways to position existing products, and more
• The owner of the first business ever to be certified as a Gold-Level Green Business by Green America—which also scored at the highest level in 15 out of 22 categories in B Lab’s Impact Assessment
• A 2011 Inductee into the National Environmental Hall of Fame
• Recipient of six awards for five books: Content Marketing Institute Most Significant Content Marketing Books of 2016 (Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World), Independent Publisher Magazine Groundbreaking Indie Book (Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green), Apex Award for Best Book in the PR Industry (Principled Profit), PubInsider.com/USABookNews.com National Indie Excellence Book Awards Finalist (Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers), Cool Book of the Day (Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers), and Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Finalist (Grassroots Marketing)
• The author of four books selected, translated, and republished by mainstream publishers in Japan, South Korea, India, Mexico, Italy, and Turkey
Shel is eager to work with your organization to discover new profit centers and market those you have, while making the world better.