Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Shepherding a Child's Heart
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 12, 2017
I love this book. It has really changed and added to my parenting. each page is like reading a sermon. I will share that I don't think this book is for those parents who don't actually want to teach or train they're children. I mean, this book really calls you(the parent) to examine your own thinking and change. If you are not ready for that, don't buy it. I am a firm believer that God is the leader. I bought this book because I couldn't understand my two year old. He was always throwing tantrums and freaking out about everything. He was also very mean and unkind to his sister. Ok so he's two right? I was already seeing his character come out and it was not something I was prepared to deal with. A lot of my friends recommended this book. So I bought it. It changed my way of thinking and handling my son. Within in days I saw a difference in him and even the people around me started to notice he was so much more happier. It even helped me realize that my daughter who is a "good kid" naturally, needed to be called higher. She always obeys and does what shes told. But because of that we overlooked a lot of heart issues with her.
71 people found this helpful
on April 7, 2017
An absolutely WONDERFUL book on parenting a child from a Biblical worldview! This is really a tremendous book. Tripp elucidates how building an open, communicative relationship with your children allows you to plant and cultivate the principles of Biblical living within their hearts.
6 people found this helpful
on April 27, 2016
Please be aware that this is not the revised and updated version. This is the original version from 1995. Quite disappointing, but still contains good information for christian child-rearing.
3 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2017
We often give this as a gift to Christian parents! Do we want our kids to obey us or grow up just to please us and society? Or do we want to help them connect with God personally and live to please Him and love Him on their own? A real eye-opener.
7 people found this helpful
on August 27, 2015
Great book for an unpopular topic. I loved the content, but some of the people in my church have felt that Tripp goes on some tangents. I didn't mind it so much and think it will be a great asset to anyone who wants to think more biblically about how to raise children.
One person found this helpful
on May 21, 2018
Great book for helping to get a frame work on how to communicate with and discipline your children.
on January 22, 2016
pretty good book if you are a strong christian parent, however if you are not for corporal punishment, this may be hard to swallow. I chose to use several books including love and logic and nurtured heart for my special needs kiddos.
One person found this helpful
on January 7, 2018
It came in excellent condition. Great little book on raising children.
on February 9, 2014
This book is great regardless of the age of your children. Best book I have read on a parents Godly role and responsibility in the life of your child/children/grandchildren! I shared with our Children's Director that this would be a great prerequisite to Spiritual Parenting.
2 people found this helpful
on October 27, 2017
Hand down the BEST book on raising children! Recommended by a pastor, and my husband and I are so glad we bought this book.