Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Next Level of Immersion-Experience visceral first-person racing like never before. The all-new helmet cam recreates realistic driver head movements that deliver an unparalleled sensation of speed: lean and tilt into the apex of corners
- True Realistic Racing-From authentic car and crash physics to terrifying night racing to the battle-scarred look and feel of both cars and tracks, Featuring the FIA GT1 World Championship and GT3 European Championship plus real-world drivers
- Amazing Career Depth and Variety-Earn unlocks and participate in multiple racing disciplines on the way to becoming the FIA GT1 World Champion. Featuring everything from new Endurance races to muscle and retro cars
- Change the Game with Autolog-Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends and changes the gameplay experience by allowing you to share virtually every aspect of your racing career.
- Customize for Show or Customize to Win!-Unleash your creativity to turn some of the world's most elite high-performance vehicles into fire-breathing weapons. Customize the engine, the body, the suspension, and much, much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The critically acclaimed Shift franchise returns to the track with Shift 2 Unleashed. The most immersive racing experience to date brings the True Driver's Experience to life with all the intensity and exhilaration of being behind the wheel and competing in the Driver's Battle. From the all-new helmet cam to night racing to frighteningly real physics and crashes, Shift 2 Unleashed delivers all the violence and excitement of race day in a groundbreaking authentic racing experience.
Shift 2 Unleashed is a multiplayer Simulation Racer for play on PlayStation 3. Follow-up game to 2009's Need For Speed: Shift, Shift 2 Unleashed leaves the traditional arcade racing associations of the Need For Speed franchise far behind as it immerses the player in an unprecedented level of realistic racing scenarios and functionality. Features include: improved first person perspective via the all-new helmet cam; access to real-world drivers, tracks, and cars; a deep Career Mode; 1-12 online multiplayer support; extensive car customization; and Autolog social networking functionality.
The New Standard in Sim Racing
The critically acclaimed Shift franchise returns to the track to deliver the most physical racing experience to date with Shift 2 Unleashed. Feel what the Driver's Battle is actually like in an unparalleled racing experience that captures the physicality and brutality of being behind the wheel going 200mph. Frighteningly authentic physics and degradation of tracks and cars, thrilling night racing, and an eye-watering sense of speed combined with the helmet camera puts you right in the heart in the action. Feel every scrape, bump, and burn out in an all-out fight to the finish line. Shift 2 Unleashed sets the bar for realistic racing and gives all the excitement and exhilaration of race day in a groundbreaking authentic experience.
Like the original game in the young Shift video game franchise, Shift 2 Unleashed is a Need For Speed game, but one that falls decidedly in the Simulation game genre as opposed to an arcade racer. The game features first-person oriented racing in which players experience true in-cockpit vibrations with every scrape, bump and scratch that their cars encounter. In-game players pursue the FIA GT1 World Championship and GT3 European Championship via a point-based experience system as they take on the roles of real-world drivers and a variety of race types across equally real-world tracks in a wealth of cars.
Change the Game with Autolog
Shift 2 Unleashed also contains powerful social networking functionality, known as Autolog. Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends and changes the gameplay experience by allowing you to share virtually every aspect of your racing career both while playing and when not. Compare driver profiles and career status, share and comment on pictures and videos, send challenges, and pull news feeds directly from NFS.com and Speehunters.com. Autolog recommendations amp up the social competition of real-world racing by delivering challenges based on friend activity, creating a dynamic, competitive, fun new way to play both online and offline.
Key Game Features
- Next Level of Immersion - Experience visceral first-person racing like never before. The all-new helmet cam recreates realistic driver head movements that deliver an unparalleled sensation of speed: lean and tilt into the apex of corners, feel the impact of every scrape, bump, and crash, experience true in-cockpit vibrations, and more.
- True Realistic Racing - Shift 2 Unleashed redefines the racing simulator genre by bringing the atmosphere of race day to life. From authentic car and crash physics to terrifying night racing to the battle-scarred look and feel of both cars and tracks, Shift 2 Unleashed leaves no detail behind in delivering the most authentic racing game experience yet. Featuring the FIA GT1 World Championship and GT3 European Championship plus real-world drivers, tracks, and cars, this is truly tomorrow's sim for today’s adrenaline-fueled racer.
- Amazing Career Depth and Variety - Earn unlocks and participate in multiple racing disciplines on the way to becoming the FIA GT1 World Champion. Featuring everything from new Endurance races to muscle and retro cars, Shift 2 Unleashed gives you the flexibility to choose the path that fits your individual racing style. Fight for position, dominate opponents, and annihilate track times every time out—the battle doesn't end at the finish line, it extends throughout your entire racing career.
- The Autolog Social Network - Connects friends, share stats, video and images both while you are playing and via your web browser.
- Customize for Show or Customize to Win - Unleash your creativity to turn some of the world's most elite high-performance vehicles into fire-breathing weapons. Customize the engine, the body, the suspension, and much, much more, then put your ultimate racing machine to the test in any mode. Whether your goal is to race a 1000-horsepower Econobox or a tricked-out GTR, you have nearly limitless options to reign supreme on the track where every second counts.
- Multiplayer Race Support - Enjoy 12-player race support online.
12 racer support.
Terrifying night racing.
Deep customization options.
Dramatic in-cockpit views.
Top customer reviews
One more thing that makes this game a must have is THE ENGINE SOUNDS!!! Absolutely music to the ears. Super realistic sound and different performance upgrades changes the engine and transmission sounds. That being said, I have this game for the PS3 and PC (laptop) and for some reason it doesn't sound as good on my laptop (even with headphones) but I attribute this to my laptop.
I would recommend turning the annoying voice (the guy that talks to you while your trying to drive) and music volumes off.
+ The presentation is slick. I am playing it on 32" HDTV and it looks great. The attention to detail is really what stands out for me. As you drive along the apron you will see tire marbles and hear them as you drive over them. As you draft behind another drive you will see those tire marbles fly out from under their car. Dirt will smudge onto your windshield. The engine sounds are deafening and the helmet cam really does make me feel like I'm the driver instead of the just the car. I have also not experienced that so-called glitch with the best-line that the GameTrailer review mentioned.
+ The amount of tracks has been bumped up from the original Shift and while Shift 2 does include several repeats, they have all gotten a graphical upgrade and feel fresh.
+ The car handling is what makes or breaks a racing game and while yes, at first, the car handles like you are driving on ice, once you hop into the on-track tuning and play around with the settings, you can create a setup that works for you. Personally it took me less than a half an hour to get the steering to feel identical to the original Shift. After that I was once again dominating.
+ Car selection is good and while I have driven many of the cars in other racers including NFS Hot Pursuit, it is great fun driving them with more realistic handling and physics.
- One big difference I have quickly noticed from Shift OG is the collision physics. If you so much as tap another driver, there is 95% chance you will be kissing the nearest wall. The game simply does not like it when you make any kind of contact, be it intentional or not. No matter what angle it happens from or whose fault it is, you will most likely be the one flying off course while the other driver gets away clean. Very frustrating to say the least.
- A personal opinion: I much rather prefer the minimal British crew chief from Shift OG over the drivers they hired to appear in Shift 2. I wouldn't go far as to say they are bad, but they are certainly not needed. You will get a pep talk from them when you select a new event type in the career menu and they will give a little chatter at the beginning of the race but otherwise they stay quiet.
- Vinyls: Trying to apply them is a nightmare. This is true for many of the racing games I have played this console generation. In fact the only game series that seems to know how to get it right is the Midnight Club series. With that said the entire process of apply new colors is also very weird and clunky. It doesn't really matter that much to me though as I use the helmet cam 99% of the time.
I have never been a fan of Gran Turismo or the other sim racing games, they always put the authentic driving experience over the fun factor and while I enjoy having that more realistic drive, I also want to have fun at the same time. That's where the Shift series fits my needs, it walks that thin line between the two and offers a complete and challenging package. If you take the time to play around with the driving controls, you will not be disappointed.