- File Size: 718 KB
- Print Length: 234 pages
- Publication Date: January 10, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00B3FMD6K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #696,287 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Shifting Shadows (Sparks Collide Book 1) Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Kira is supposedly at the university to attend vet school while Jay is a graduate student and his friends have graduated and are working at jobs (construction firm, ad agency) or in graduate school (lawyer). However, it seems as if all they do is party every night. There are a lot of references to facebook and texting and Jay and his friends go to parties with undergrads. It just felt creepy to me that 24 year old guys who were working would still go to undergrad parties.
I didn't really care for the characters either. Jay acts out to get his dad's attention. That's fine if you are 12 or 14 years old.... not so much if you are 24 years old with adult responsibilities. All of the people are beautiful, gorgeous, wealthy people. Jay is an alpha, Annabelle is a rare Omega, the twins are geniuses, etc. It just ended up feeling too fake. The one thing that I DID appreciate was the fact that there didn't seem to be "instant love" going on between Kira and Jay and no love triangle was being setup.
The typos were very distracting. There were numerous words that were incorrect. For example, "taught" instead of "taut" (this error was made more than once!), "private manor" instead of "private manner", "refers" instead of "defers", etc. There were sentences with awkward word usage... such as "It doesn't seem right that a human be working with my uncle". Also, the book changed viewpoints every chapter between Kira and Jay.Read more ›
I really, really liked that this was not a case of insta-love. I found the romance a lot more realistic for the time it took to develop. But this was definately one of those books where the heroine manages to charm everyone effortlessly and by the end it starts to feel just a little too kumbaya for my taste--with everyone throwing wonderful affirmations around. This always strikes me as an underdevelopment.
The book seemed to throw the magic in all of a sudden. One moment Kira is going along as a normal girl unknowingly hanging out with the werewolves, the next she is suddenly off doing her thing. (I don't want to give a spoiler, but suffice it to say there is no build up and so the reveal seems very abrupt.) I also didn't quite grasp the seriousness of her situation. I understood she was in hiding because of the war. But she wasn't anyone special to it, not a princess or the daughter of a leader or an active participant. She was just one girl so I saw no reason for her to be any more hunted than anyone else. Therefore all of her and her family's precautions seemed really over the top.
It also ended without ending. I know that this is the first of a series, but my absolute, number one, literary pet peeve is...I would call it a cliffhanger, but that's not right.Read more ›
Things I liked:
1) that we didn't know what Kira was until quite a way into the book
2) that we kept finding out new things about Kira, and toward the end even she was finding out new things about herself with us
3) this author had her own take on the werewolf thing (born not made/changed)
Things I think could be explored more:
1) she touched on Jay's anger about his mums death but I think as an aggressive alpha and a male this was a little too mellow
2) I think the pack thing was good but I have read better, the best books for pack life I think are the Phoenix Pack series, I don't like the excessive language and over kinky bits so much in those but the way the pack interact is great and the alpha men are truly aggressive, protective and possessive in those books - it sends a shiver down your spine at times!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book was one of the best books i ever read on my kindle because it is a page turner on every chapter. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Jorge Estela
I really loved this book because it brought something new to the table: witches. I loved the witches element along with just about everything else paranormal out there. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Brit
A witch and a werewolf love triangle oh my , kinda different but I enjoyed it all the same now on to book 2 of it.Published on May 4, 2014 by pamela reyes
It's a good supernatural read if you like twilight. Has werewolves witches and romance give it a chance you might like itPublished on April 24, 2014 by Kindra A. Hauser
Very good read I enjoyed the change in narrAtors & twists. Great characters who are complex and human. I will continue to read the seriesPublished on March 29, 2014 by Rosemarie P.
I liked the idea about the book and series. Keep writing! I just wish you had a proof reader who could fix the typos, spelling and grammar!Published on March 24, 2014 by Amazon Customer
i liked this story a lot. the partying was a little distracting .i liked the people on the story cant wait for next one .good jobPublished on January 18, 2014 by dienia
This book is totally awesome. To you readers there read this book it's good. Very enjoyable . It's worth my five starsPublished on August 22, 2013 by kelly Green
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Werewolves & Shifters
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult