Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: FX4000FB|Change

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on March 23, 2016
I bought one for me and one for my wife. They are both on ugly stiks and we've been using them for maybe 3 or 4 seasons of freshwater fishing now with zero problems. The drag is smooth and accurate when dialing it in to where you can notice the difference in every little click of the drag. It has a switch to toggle the anti-reverse on and off. I don't know what else to say about it. I don't have any comparison to a more expensive reel but for the price I paid they have been amazing reels. I should probably add that both reels I bought are the 2500 series.
on July 17, 2016
i ordered the 2500 but received the 4000 Shimano Spinning reel. I figured I'd roll with the punches, bite the bullet and go ahead and use the 4000 without complaining. So.... This review is of the 4000 Shimano reel which is seems bulky overall with difficulty in reaching the line and casting. As like other Shimano reels it is smooth while reeling in, however the reverse catch isn't as responsive as I'd like and other times doesn't seem to respond at all. I'll keep this reel as a backup but am not planning to use it regularly. If they send you the 4000 send it back, I'm back to shopping for a new one.
on October 9, 2015
You cannot beat this little buger out. My pen conflict started sticking before this little guy did. Still running strong and i fish in saltwater every other day. If you want a trustworthy cheap real go with this one. I have several reals and this one has not caused me any proplems unlike my others including its brother the sienna which crapped out on me the other day.
on November 29, 2015
Nice and smooth! What an upgrade from my old, cheap reel that gave out last year. The mechanism is smooth as butter and you really can't get a better reel in this price range. No complaints so far and I expect it to stay that way.
on April 26, 2016
good products at cheap price
on February 9, 2015
This is the best reel you will ever get for a few bucks.I have had it for a while and have caught a 2ft trout the first cast and it worked perfectly Was as smooth as a babies bottom and with a good fisherman this will get any trout in The only problem with it is that they make all my friends jealous GET THIS REEL!!!!!!
on September 7, 2015
Great reel! I was reluctant to buy this reel because of the price but due to the brand i thought why not. It is very smooth and sturdy. Paired with a shimano sellas rod I couldn't be happier.
on February 13, 2016
You can not go wrong on this reel for your money. Of course it is a shimano which I think is the best reel for your money.
on February 5, 2015
Shimano reels are great value. No complaints. Got as a gift for my wife.
on March 16, 2017
This is a great real for the price, I bought several of these and use them for walleye, bass, steelhead, and pike with no problem

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.