- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, Power Roller III, Redesigned Bail Trip, Graphite Rotor, S-Arm Cam
- Slow oscillation
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB) bearings
- Aluminum frame
- Lightweight graphite sideplate and rotor
- Cold forged aluminum spool
- S Concept: S-Rotor, S-Guard, S-Arm Cam
- Machined aluminum handle
- Rubber handle grips
- Maintenance port
- Fluidrive II
- Floating shaft
- Super stopper II
- Repairable clicker
- Approved for use in saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
- Line Retrieve Per Crank: 35 inches
- Line Capacity (# Test/Yards): 6/200, 8/140, 10/120
- Power Pro Line Capacity (# Test/Yards): 10/170, 15/145, 30/95
- Maximum drag: 11 pounds
- Ball bearings: 3
- Roller bearings: 1
- Gear ratio: 6.2:1
- Weight: 9.9 ounces
Propulsion Line Management System
The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming. It also allows the line to flow off of the spool in smaller loops during the cast which means less slap on the stripper guide. This means longer casts with less friction.
The Propulsion spool also utilizes a long stroke design to further enhance the casting distance. Furthermore, there is less bouncing of the line on the spool lip like on a standard spinning spool. Because of the unique shape of the Propulsion spool, the line flows consistently off of the spool. So, with a standard spool, friction alternates from heavy to light as the line slaps the spool lip. This causes backlash and inconsistent line speeds. The Propulsion spool lip provides consistently light friction to overcome these situations.
S-Concept represents Shimano's initial philosophy on which many of our spinning reel have been designed. The three basic ideas that are inherent in the S-Concept are Smooth, Silent and Strong.
- Smooth rotation and comfortable retrieve, coupled with excellent drag performance and longer casting distance, leads to our smooth, flawless operation.
- Silent operation of parts within the reel's construction represents the attention to tight tolerances, reducing excessive noise and resulting in the silent operation of our reels.
- Strong, solid and functional construction leads to powerful torque and durable drivetrains. This gives anglers the strength and confidence they need to battle elusive gamefish.
- The new sizing of our S-Concept reels offers anglers a bigger spool and smaller body, resulting in a lighter, more comfortable fishing experience without sacrificing line capacity.
The end result are reels offering anglers smooth, silent and strong reels that are designed for years of fishing use. The knowledge of fishing and the minds of Shimano's engineers have given today's angler state-of-the-art reels that are ready for any challenge.
Super Stopper II
Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way bearing that eliminates backplay. This provides the angler with instant hooksetting power. In some reels, the Super Stopper II can be turned off to allow backreeling for special techniques and situations.
This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations caused by the reel.
S A-RB Bearings
These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.