Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2014
Purchased the reel in June 2014 and used it about a half a dozen times, plugging for GT. Worked great during that time and was very happy with the reel. On my last trip (October 2014) the spool started to hang up on the upstroke and eventually got worse with each cast. Went home and broke the reel down to see what was the problem. The worm shaft that oscillates the spool had worn at the top of the shaft. Called Shimano in Irvine to see if this is a common occurrence and if there are any solutions to rectify this from happening in the future. According to Shimano, this problem is not usual and may have been a factory defect. Shimano's Rep said he will be sending the replacement parts free of charge, immediately. I have to give their customer service 5 stars. Gotta say, this reel was a bit of a disappointment as compared to my older Shimano Stradic reels that are approaching between 10 - 20 years without a problem.
on January 18, 2014
I love this reel, it's just the right size for a nomad inshore rod and good for catching 1/2 lb trout or 18 pound jacks. I have its spooled with 30 lb spectra, and it casts very well. I also like that it has an egg-shaped handle (pic is wrong).
My only gripe is that I get more wind-knots with this reel than with others for some reason.
on May 6, 2014
I use to buy the cheap Walmart reels until I would watch people cast 100 times farther then me catch bigger fish that would break my line even know i set my drag right and never have problems with their reels, then i decided to put my money on a nice outfit and wow this reel is amazing smooth as butter drag smooth as butta retrieve and looks amazing too.
on April 26, 2013
I bought this reel just before heading back to the Bahamas for some reef and open water fishing. I loaded it with 20 lb braid and couldn't believe the casting distances, the smooth drag, the flawless bail and the baby smooth gearing. Hauling fish out from the reefs was almost a pleasure and it worked most of the time. Several decent runs by large yellowtails, good-sized Nassua and strawberry Grouper proved a breeze for the drag.

Worth every penny and balanced beautifully with my new four-pece Albright pack rod.
on January 8, 2015
Spendy but I have to say what you pay for you get. What a terrific reel, solid as a rock and quite a piece of metal. Very smooth and love the handle particularly.
on March 26, 2013
I have noticed lately that it seems that I am replacing my reels with the Shimano line. This the only Brand that I have been faithful to. You just can't go wrong with. I fish mostly inshore and never had a problem with any of Shimano reel. I fish four times a week on average in salt water give them a good rinse and they ready to go!!
on November 2, 2015
You can't go wrong with any of the Stradic reels from Shimano. Reel is silky smooth with plenty of drag. Not meant for deep sea or surf. The closest I'd get to salt is fishing from the jetties.
on April 23, 2015
Shimano has come a long way and makes an outstanding reel. I have several for both salt and fresh water. Quiet and smooth operation. Great and easy drag settings. Works great with monofilament as well as braided lines.
on February 7, 2014
Loved this reel. Used it with a 7' Penn Slammer Rod. Redfish and Black Drum never stood a chance! I would recommend this reel to any saltwater sport fisherman. This reel is the bigger of the series so I wouldn't try to use it for lure fishing but aside from that I would highly recommend this reel for the serious fisherman.
on August 12, 2013
Shimano quality.................nothing else needs to be said!!!
Excellent saltwater reel!! Bought this reel for inshore and surf use so far so good, easy to clean.
Will see how it lasts over time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.