Shimano Ultegra XTD Surf Reel
Enhance your purchase
|Handle Material||Stainless Steel|
|Item Weight||1.08 Pounds|
|Bearing Material||Stainless Steel|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- G-Free Body: This technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G-Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Parallel Body is designed to improve dynamic line flow from the reel to the first guide. On many reels the spool is aligned slightly upwards towards the rod blank, but with Parallel Body it is at exactly 90° to the blank. The result is less line slapping the blank as it travels towards the first guide during casting.
- Propulsion Line Management System: The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- X-Ship: Provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- Instant-Drag: Allows a quick adjustment of the front drag knob to take the reel from your current drag setting to free spool in just half a turn.
Frequently bought together
Compare with other fishing reels
This ItemShimano Ultegra XTD Surf Reel
|hand orientation||-||-||Left Hand||Ambidextrous||-||-|
|handle material||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||-||-|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Designed for serious surf casters, the Ultegra XTD Surf reels provide consistent long-casting performance and Super Slow Oscillation (14000) / Slow Oscillation (5500) for precision line lay. Plus, these reels feature Shimano X-Ship for improved gear durability even under the heaviest loads.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It comes with a spare spool and shims. I used the shims on the second spool and loaded 20 lb J-braid and 330 yards filled the spool. The first spool was loaded with 40 lb braid without a shim and the spool took a little under 300 yards.
By Goose Creek Rods on February 22, 2021
and 30# braid . makes me happy. wish it were sealed . so i can get it wet .
i dont think there is any long cast reels that are sealed out there???
its almost perfect.