Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist - The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
In a world where dirty jokes don't exist, where the mere utterance of a ***** word will thrust you into jail, a hero must rise up as a symbol for all things lewd and rude. The mysterious Blue Snow, proudly wearing panties on her face and armed with naughty images and a foul mouth, will bring the art of dirty jokes back! With her erotic terrorist group, SOX, she will press against the stiff authority of the oppressive Decency Squad and step on their hard and overbearing rules.
Tanukichi Okuma is the son of an imprisoned ero-terrorist. Rather than following in his father's footsteps, he plans to stay on the track of morality and wholesomeness. Just like his dream girl, Anna Nishikinomiya, he attends Japan's most moral school. But after an encounter with Blue Snow, his virtuous plans are ****** and he finds himself entangled with SOX. Will the pursuit of smut tarnish what hope he has with the pure Anna, or will he *** around, stimulated by the panty wearing deviant and her filthy mouth?
The Limited Edition comes Limited Edition SKU is a recruitment package for SOX and includes the following items:
SOX sticker - Share SOX with the masses!
1 Tube Sock - You know why.
Pin - Show off our adorable mascot!
Pin - Rock out with SOX out!
- Aspect Ratio : 1.78:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medNotRated NR (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 5 x 1.5 inches; 11.2 Ounces
- Director : Jerry Jewell
- Media Format : Animated, Box set, Color, Limited Edition, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Run time : 5 hours
- Release date : November 29, 2016
- Actors : Jamie Marchi, Josh Grelle, Anthony Bowling
- Subtitles: : English
- Language : English (Dolby TrueHD 5.1), Japanese (Dolby TrueHD 2.0)
- Studio : Funimation
- ASIN : B01KWK56A6
- Number of discs : 4
- Best Sellers Rank: #99,790 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before I get into my review I just wanted to say this: If you haven't watched this then DO NOT buy it. Go watch some clips of it or watch an episode a lot of places out there online where you can watch a couple episodes for free and without having to stream, do that get a feel for it then if you like it buy it. Literally all the negative reviews on here are from people who bought this before watching it. It makes absolutely no sense to buy a DVD set of a show you haven't watched before.
Now back to my review: This show is hands down the funniest and cutest anime i've ever watched, it has me dying laughing and always puts me in a good mood. As another reviewer said it's a lot like family guy and other adult cartoons. It's fan service heavy obviously but not in the typical sense it's a comedy and has a lot of heart in it. The only thing bad about it is that it's so short only 12 episodes but supposedly they're going to be making a 2nd season (praying they do 😩❤️)
Also a couple of details: This set comes with 2 DVDs and a digital copy of the series from Funimation (tbh i'm not really sure what the point of a digital copy is especially when you have the actual DVDs, everytime I get one I never use it so I kinda think it's pointless but you could always give it away or I guess it'd be good if you traveled) The first DVD has 1-9 episodes and the second has 10-12 episodes. There's also some extras but they really suck. Just some commentary, commercials for the show and some bs where "mom's" watch clips of the show... on paper it sounds funny but I promise you it's not. Just a bunch of backwards women who don't even know how to put on headphones supposedly, it seems really scripted tbh. So nothing special in the extras. Would've been really dope if they added better stuff in the extras tho.
So all in all i'm happy with my purchase 👍🏼 it's a perfect anime to me anyways but as I said before you need to watch it yourself, don't go by reviews or what anyone else says. It's not worth spending money on something you may or may not like.
- Synopsis: The emphasis of this anime is that society reaches a state of strong moral discipline by attempting to cleanse anything regarded as perverted. When you think about it, that doesn't sound so bad on paper, since society is always trying to improve themselves in various ways that they can. Such as cracking down on crime. However, as the saying goes: The path to hell is paved with good intentions. As such there will always be those unwillingly to let go, which generates factions of opposition. This anime portrays the daily lives of these students as they explore the concepts of perversion and sexuality.
- Analysis: This anime also addresses an interesting complication as a result of such a world: People will be ignorant to various notions such as the process of how human babies are brought into the world. As the anime Kenzen Robo Daimidaler emphasized, perverted acts aren't necessarily evil as it is essential for things such as increasing the population. Of course, some order is necessary.
Curiosity is also a problem in of itself. If a person is told not to do something, chances are: they will probably do it out of curiosity or defiance. For example: To push the big, red button, or to not push the button. That is the question (curiosity killed the cat). Just saying...
- Features: English and Japanese audio with English subtitles. Refer to my low-quality PS Vita pictures as a reference. There's 12 episodes on 2 Blu-rays, and 12 episodes on 2 DVDs, for a total of 4 discs. Run-time is about 5 hours long. Rated TV-MA for sexual innuendo, strong sexual content, and some nudity.
- Recommendations: Prison School, Binbougami ga!, Shomin Sample, D-Frag!, Kenzen Robo Daimidaler, Dakara Boku wa H, ga Dekinai., Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Hataraku Maou-sama!, Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to, Mayo Chiki!, Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-Chan!!, The World God Only Knows, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!, Desert Punk, xxxHolic, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou, Needless, and Witch Craft Works.
Top reviews from other countries
The bad, this is not for everyone. Ome people will be offended by the opening alone. Finishing with the glorious war cry of "c*ck and b*alls". If that alone turns you away, this is will not be your kind of anime. So If you are a prude and have an adversity too the offensive juvenile humot avoid this product.
The ugly, if your sense of humor is that of a teenager where potty humor makes you laugh. This is amazing fun. Well animated, censored for your amusement and leabes you wanting more.
The good, as much as it is juvenile potty humor run amuck. the censorship of the show is as much a commentary as the distopian puritan fictional society is. Seeing as japan has very private, yet is open minded upon personal proclivities of the bed room. This paints a very interesting picture.
It is one of my favorite guilty pleasures of modern anime.
She is a mysterious Blue Snow that stir up trubble.
She ware her pantie to hide her face while armed with naughty images and a foul mouth.
You seriously have to watch this to believe what goes on.
Oh and if you don't believe me, I have three words for you to some up the crazy: Chocolate Chip Cookies....
Yeah...some of you are googling that right now....