Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 112 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
on September 5, 2011
In this review I'll list some of the major improvements Atlus made to the original Devil Survivor in Overclocked:

EIGHTH DAY

Overclocked includes four new eighth day scenarios, which means nearly four new days of battles and plotline!

FULL VOICE ACTING

Every single line in the game has been voiced, and the acting is mostly excellent (with the unfortunate exception of Midori).

NEW DEMONS

Loads of news demons have been added, including:

Ishtar
Ongyo-ki
Macabre
Jahi

NEW SKILLS

To go with the new demons, loads of new skills were added as well. Some of them, like Vigilant and Shield All+, prove exceedingly beneficial.

TITLES

Essentially, you can earn titles by achieving certain tasks in Overclocked (such as clearing a certain ending or defeating optional bosses), and you can spend the points you earn from your titles on rewards for your next playthrough. This is a fantastic addition and makes you want to keep playing to earn them all.

DEMON COMPENDIUM

One of the most disappointing aspects of Devil Survivor was the lack of a compendium. Atlus thankfully rectified this issue in Overclocked. No more tediously hoping to get lucky with auctions; now you can simply summon any demons you've previously owned.

In addition, you can read about each demon's profile and history. As a mythology buff, I always find reading about a plethora of mythological beings from such diverse cultures fascinating.

And the best improvement of all...

THREE SAVE SLOTS

Thank god Atlus added two more save files! I hated having to overwrite my old game every time I started a new one, and now other people in my family can play too. Seriously, I'm so relieved the developers used the extra storage capacity on things like this rather than pointless 3D effects.

In conclusion, I bought the 3DS for this game, and it was worth every penny. If you enjoy strategy RPGs whatsoever, whether you played the original or not, buy it!
1212 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2016
While it is mostly just the ds game published again with a bit of additional content, it is a very solid game with some mechanics that take a bit getting used to, to get one of the many many different endings.
branched paths is always a plus
the art is very nice
and it does take cues from mythologies from various different cultures to open you up to things you have never seen before
on January 2, 2017
This is the 3DS edition of the DS game Devil Survivor. Since it's a port, there really isn't much in the way of 3D and the graphics are not up at the level of other titles in this genre on 3DS. However, this is a pretty good game and if you're a fan of the SMT series, this is your chance to play a SRPG with the SMT battle system. The plot here is pretty good, but I see a lot of similarities to The World Ends With You in terms of plot. Music is pretty bland.
on April 1, 2015
A Megami Tensei SRPG with great characters, an extra day, and is now fully voiced. Sort of a shame that there is almost no 3D effects in the game except for the demon fusing screen and cutscenes, but its not a necessary feature.
on December 3, 2016
I loved this game, I hadn't played a game with that style of battle system in years, probably not since the 90's, which, makes sense, this game was first released in the 90s...
on May 28, 2013
For those of you that don't know "Devil Survivor Overclocked" is the 3DS remake of the DS game "Devil Survivor". Despite being a remake for the 3DS only the Intro video and the fusion animation are in 3D. The Overclocked game extends the story bay adding an extra day, and more demons. As with most JRPG's the game has multiple endings depending on the choices you make during the game. This game blinds every world religion together, into a unique view of old lore. The Demons that appear include mythical creatures like fairies and chimeras, to well know gods, demons, and angles such as Loki, Beelzebub, Remial, and Nyarlathotep. I enjoyed the semi-horror / post-apocalyptic story line. As well as the amazing plot.
on July 15, 2017
Great game!
on September 27, 2011
This review is coming from a 32 year old woman who prefers simple side-scrollers like Mario. I usually don't like RPG's, but this game had such great reviews I decided to give it a try. Plus there were a limited number of 3DS games out there at the time and I wanted to expand my library.

Firstly, you should know that this game barely utilizes the 3D function of the 3DS. It is only used in the opening scene and when you fuse demons. I found this very disappointing at first, but the sheer awesomeness of the game soon made me forget about the 3D.

I don't play video games much now that I'm an adult and don't have a ton of free time, but this game has me ADDICTED! I haven't been this addicted since Pokemon first came out. The story is fantastic and keeps you engaged, they teach you the controls gradually so it's not too complicated to learn, and the demon auction and fusion keeps the 'addictive collector' in me satiated. The voice acting is terrific; usually you don't get this much dialogue in a game. I like that you don't have to read all of the dialogue if you don't want to; just sit back and let the characters talk.

I will say there is a learning curve as with most games. After having to re-start 2 times already, I've learned to save my progress multiple times just in case I make a stupid decision when fusing demons or bought the wrong demons or something. It's a pain to start over after putting in 8 hours of gameplay. It can be easy to 'paint yourself into a corner' so to speak if you don't know what you're doing at first.

So I hope my review helps you decide if you want to purchase this game. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with this one!
on March 7, 2017
5 stars if you are a fan of Shin Megami Tensei games.
on April 17, 2017
An absolutely masterful revamp of the 2009 classic. Delivery time was also great. Free 2-day shipping, handed to me in person by my local mail-man. Awesome!