Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 29, 2011
I bought three of the shinco 9,000 btu split packs and was not impressed. I installed all three and one worked fine. The other two have been problems from the start. They would work fine for several months and then shut down giving an error message that was not in the manual. We made many calls to technical support and they didn't know what the problem was based on the error message either but did say it was not the first time the problem had come up. We made several adjustments to the units based on Shinco technical support instructions and again the units would work well for a few months and then repeat the same problem. We had an electrical storm that ending up frying the board on the outside unit for one of them and I called to buy another circuit board. The cost was just under $200 and I decided that it was going to be cheaper just the throw the shinco unit away and buy a new one from someone else. While the Shinco people were always polite, I would not recommend these to anyone. This is one of those cases where you get what you pay for and this time I am buying a more expensive unit and it will end up costing me less.
on October 8, 2015
I bought two of these. One worked for about six months and the other is still working after about three years. No HVAC repairman can find parts or are they able to fix them. The one that is still working has needed recharging every spring. I just ripped out the non-working unit and consider it a thousand dollar mistake for not researching them better. HVAC techs all agree that Mitsubishi or Fujitsu is the only way to go even if they cost a lot more.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2012
I do NOT recommend that anyone buy a Shinco system. This product is unreliable and their customer service is shaky at best. I purchased 1 of these units and the compressor broke down after only 9 months of part time use. The manufacturer's rep refused to stand behind the warranty and said they would sell me a new compressor...but that I would have to pay for shipping the old one back to them at a cost of $400(shipping) plus the cost of the new compressor. In the end, it was going to cost the same as an entire new mini-split system.
on March 11, 2015
I have just been through the below 10 degree winter. My Shicos were amazing. They did not stop once. My Senville (in a rental cabin) stopped at 10 degrees. I have had the sensor changed in one unit (I have 2) and a water leaking problem that was due to the unit not being level. I have had my Shincos for three years and am very happy with them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 8, 2012
I had the same experience as disappointed in va. I bought two for a new construction project. One did not work right out of the box. The other worked for a few months. I spent a year shipping control boards back and forth with Shinco until it just wasn't worth the hassle. Several times I received bad replacement boards. Each time I shipped a board back it was at least a month before I received a replacement. There are no other options for parts. I would strongly suggest against buying a Shinco mini split. I have also come to the conclusion that even though they are only a year old, it is cheaper to throw them away and buy new than to keep trying to make them work.
on June 27, 2013
After my plant closed down four years ago and I lost my job, I started a consulting business. Room was tight in the house, so I built an office cabin out back. Money was tight so I purchased the least expensive mini-split I could get to condition the space...a Shinco. The first year, the board burnt out and I replaced it. The next year, the fan shattered, hitting the coil. That's right. The fan litterally SHATTERED. Then the next year, a nut split causing loss of refrigerant. $205 in repairs for a cheapped out 25 cent nut. Today the unit is failing again. Don't know why yet.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.