Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Although Marsden was wary of flooding the credits with too many special guests, Shine does feature some extremely well-known names, from Joe Bonamassa to Whitesnake singer David Coverdale and the Deep Purple duo of Ian Paice (drums) and Don Airey (keyboards). Jimmy Copley of Jeff Beck fame behind the kit and Mark Feltham of Nine Below Zero also supplies some breathtaking harmonica playing. I can t help it, I ve got a lot of mates and quite a few of them are guitar players , Bernie laughs.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Linin Track:- starts with the crackle one hears when the needle drops onto the old LP ( Long Player not Les Paul ) record. Having had all my LPs stolen years back, I had forgotten that, fun times.
2. Wedding Day:- Another thump along rocking tune.
3. Walk Away:- To me an 80s style rock anthem, nothing wrong with that. Great guitar licks ( if only I could play like that ), good lyrics, fab singing.
4. Kinda Wish She Would:- A fast thumping, slightly harder rock song. This one has some rocking piano belting out a tune. I can see the chorus getting a lot of audience participation on this track.
5. Ladyfriend:- A slower rock tune, this shows Bernie is not a one trick pony. More Bluesey with a harmonica wailing throughout.
6. Trouble:- Coverdale doing the yodeling on this track, he certainly still has what it takes to make any song sound great. Bernie comes in with his guitar pulling the song together. I am guessing the pair had a lot of fun making this track.
7. Who Do We Think We Are:- Probably my favourite although all tracks are top notch. I slower song, great lyrics. Although one can hear Bernies guitar wailing a solo, it is not overdone. Lasting 5 minutes 25 seconds, it could have gone twice as long for me.
8. Bad Blood:- Cherry Lee Mewis ( new to me ) is one of the ladies who can really belt out a tune. This girl reminds me of Bianca Kinane who has done some great vocals on John Verity`s latest album.
9. Shine :- This another tune going on full chat. Joe Bonamassa sounds good, he can guest for me anytime.
10. Dragonfly:- I could waltz to this one, smooth Blues perhaps. Bernies lead guitar effortlessly grooves along to the cool vocals.
11.Read more ›
Don Airey, Joe Bonnamassa, Ian Paice and others. Thank god good rock n roll is still out there if you look. Check this out!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
WOW! What a great CD. Love all the blues. Would recommend to all that appreciate good blues!Published 15 months ago by J. McClain
So nice to hear this cd from a guitar,master.If you like the blues and awesome guitar work this cd is for you.Published 18 months ago by Byron
Really Good Recording, Bits i didnt care for, But overall .. a very good release.Published 21 months ago by Randy C.