Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on March 18, 2015
An interesting story of grief and recovery, with some lovely moments, but not one of Colwin's best. Nothing quite matches the charm of "Happy All the Time," but "Shine On" is an early novel and should be read with that consideration. It feels dated, and the writing is at times redundant and unclear; problematic, too, is the narrator's focus on finding herself in relation to men, however she is young. I'm glad I slogged through it, but it's not one I would revisit.
on May 16, 2013
I wanted to have all of her books as my own because I love to re-read them again and again. She is one of the best writers I have ever found and her characters are amazing. Her books always make me happy.
on August 23, 2015
I'm a lifetime Laurie Colwin fan. She's a wonderful writer -- fresh, witty and insightful. If you've never read her work, check it out.
on June 8, 2016
I love every single thing Laurie Colwin has ever written.
on December 26, 2015
good. "Happy All The Time" her best.
on October 14, 2014
Laurie Colwin's writings always seem to provide insight for life, as well as entertainment, with the telling of a good story.
on August 13, 2015
Interesting insights on dealing with death and life and love.
on December 18, 2014
An exquisite novel - beautifully written, beautifully rendered. One of my all time favorites.
on August 29, 2015
Sweet, story by a beloved author, gone too soon!
on December 11, 2013
Reading any one of Laurie Colwin's books is like hearing a story from, or talking to, a close friend. I would definitely recommend all of her books.