Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Halo Reach - Legendary Edition forum

Ships Separately in Original Packaging:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 10, 2010, 7:24:01 AM PDT
Anatoliy says:
Are they really going to ship it without packaging? This is atrocious.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 10:56:35 AM PDT
let's hope they atleast put some thick saran wrap!

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 12:59:19 PM PDT
T.B. says:
where did you learn they won't put packaging?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2010, 1:01:10 PM PDT
Anatoliy says:
It's written underneath. I don't exactly what they mean, but that's what is shown.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 1:04:13 PM PDT
nasty naz says:
"Ships Separately in Original Packaging: To conceal its contents mark it as a gift. "

Yeah, what the hell is that about!!! I don't want the packaging getting all banged up?!?!

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 2:08:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2010, 2:13:36 PM PDT
T.B. says:
$6.00 for gift wrapping. ugh.
Way to get more cash out of it. -.-

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 2:26:50 PM PDT
What? What's going on Amazon? any one has clear details about this?

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 2:32:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2010, 2:48:47 PM PDT
Lowell says:
um, is there any way to select gift wrapping without canceling your order, i have $100 worth of gift cards and credit towards my legendary and don't want a Legendary Edition Siting outside my house while I'm at school and my parents are at work. I know for a FACT that if one of the neighbor kids see it (he graduated last year so he's not in school) he will steal it without qualms.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 2:56:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2010, 4:49:08 PM PDT
T.B. says:
Maybe Bungie will put some bubble-wrap on it or some form of packaging that they use. That is what the representative I talked with said.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 4:31:09 PM PDT
LonnieL says:
Everything is shipped in some sort of cardboard box. What it could mean, is that the cardboard box Bungie ships it in, is what Amazon will use, instead of using a box with the Amazon logo on the side. If this is not true, Amazon is going to have a lot of angry customers with banged up Legendary Edition boxes, including myself.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 4:32:37 PM PDT
This is a little surprising since the unboxing videos of the Legendary edition show the box itself is only held together by thin cardboard cutout. I sincerely doubt the Legendary editions could survive a trip with UPS or anyone else for that matter. Plus I'm one of those people who don't want the box dinged and damaged in addition to having a to peel off a shipping label stuck on the side. Oh well, re-ordered with gift wrap to ensure it gets here without a problem...

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 4:58:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2010, 5:00:04 PM PDT
They're shipped in their own cardboard box, the way that they come from the publisher. I've seen the boxes at Gamestop, and Bioshock 2's limited edition was shipped the same way. It just means that they aren't going to take the prepackaged box and stick it in another box with other items that you order. The box identifies the contents, which is what they're talking about when they say you should gift wrap it if you want it to remain a surprise.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2010, 5:28:43 PM PDT
Anatoliy says:
So how come they said we need gift wrap to conceal? That's the part that threw me off.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2010, 6:28:32 PM PDT
LonnieL says:
Because it will say what is inside the box, on the cardboard box it ships in.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010, 11:20:51 PM PDT
Exactly. It's not an unmarked box, it's going to say on it somewhere what's in the box. That's all.

Posted on Sep 11, 2010, 9:41:17 AM PDT
wait so when i get my game it will be broken WTF i hope that doesint happen to me

Posted on Sep 11, 2010, 9:43:56 AM PDT
You guys are sayinjg that all o are games well be broken when we get it.

Posted on Sep 11, 2010, 10:31:17 AM PDT
Everybody needs to calm down and start thinking a little more logically here. Of course they're gonna ship it in a damn box! What else are they gonna do, stick shipping labels all over your legendary edition? NO! They're shipping packages, not Coconuts.
"Original packaging" means that it's the same box and packaging that it was in when it was ship to Amazon. They don't re-packag it (though, I presume they do open it and drop in your per-order item codes). So yes, the details of the box's contents will be printing all over it.

Now, why don't we all sop acting little child and crying over nothing. If your game arrives all banged up, it won't be because of Amazon not packing it well. It'll be the fault of the shipper. It'll arrive, and it'll be in as good of condition as it can be.

God, and to think that I'm gonna have to deal with all you whining kids on LIVE... thank Bungie for X-button-mute.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2010, 11:22:18 AM PDT
K. Shive says:
Haha well said. Thats the problem people don't think logically. Mostly cause they are kids and have no idea how the shipping process works.
It's like honestly do they think Microsoft will ship a item without any Identification on it. Ships Separately in Original Packaging: To conceal its contents mark it as a gift. The key words are "Original Packaging" meaning the same box it was in when it left the warehouse. Use your heads people a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Posted on Sep 11, 2010, 11:20:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 12, 2010, 3:14:55 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Sep 10, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about