Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 805 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 853 reviews
on July 27, 2015
I'm perfectly satisfied with this mouthguard. I read a number of the one star reviews and can say with a high degree of confidence that the problems they experienced were due to user error. For example, people mentioned the mouthguard collapsing after being boiled. The directions are very clear that you boil the water, REMOVE the water from heat, drop the mouthguard in for twelve seconds. I had zero issues forming my mouthguard. Some others said that the mouthguard could only be molded once. Again, not true. I actually re-heated and re-formed mine three times without issue.
review image review image review image review image
on May 24, 2017
Honestly, I have spend a small fortune over the past 3 years trying to find a good night mouth guard for my clenching. I didn't want to pay the over $800 for a professionally made one. So, after almost giving in, it bought this because it was rather cheap and I had assumed it would be a total flop, considering I paid 5x the price for "better" guards in the past. I was genuinely surprised at how well this product worked. The material is sturdy and well designed, it's not hard enough to hurt my teeth after a night of clenching/grinding, but tough enough to relieve some of the symptoms I have. only one caveat, it's not very mouldable as others on the market. so if you have an oddly shaped mouth or a small one, this might not be for yours.
on March 3, 2016
I just bought a new Shock Doctor Superfit to supplement my old Shock Doctor Pro. It's a little hard to speak and be understood with the Pro, but it is WAY more comfortable. The Superfit cuts up my gums and falls out easily. I've tried re-heating and re-molding a bunch of times. But the Pro fit me in two tries of boil and bite. It feels a bit bulky, but fits snugly reasonably comfortably (a little soft and does not cut into my gums like the Superfit does). In two years of Muay Thai sparring it has never fallen out. I don't know how well it protects teeth if you're fighting, I just spar, but I am thinking if you want to fight its best to drop the cash on a custom fit guard from your dentist. The Shock Doctor Pro is an overall affordable, durable, pretty comfie mouth guard that's good for sparring.
on May 8, 2017
I train in Muay Thai and have gone through many mouthpieces.I found this piece to fit in my mouth right out of the box.That is great!I can breath very well also,that is a big plus with me on mouthpieces.Nothing worse than feeling like you want to gag with a mouthpiece that is too bulky or doesn't fit good.This piece is the best one for me so far!
on July 6, 2017
Years ago I had used this guard in Tae Kwon Do classes. Now I'm enrolled in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes and ordered this because of my previous positive experience. Just like 7 years ago, this mouth guard fits amazing and doesn't have too much extra material in the front. I followed the boil and bite instructions on the package and it worked perfectly. I would highly recommend this product to anyone in impact sports.
on July 23, 2017
I've used ths mouth guard for six games now. The moulding process was easy.. maybe a little interesting with sightly sensitive teeth. Moulded well the first time and stays where it should. Not va distraction when playing.
on June 4, 2016
A good mouthguard. I bought it for my son (16 years old), he plays high school lacrosse. It is an adult size according to the package. It is a "boil to fit" model, so before it will fit your teeth, you have to boil it in boiling water for 12 seconds and then stick it in the mouth, pressing it to the teeth, biting down and sucking in as well. Sounds easy enough, and it is, but the temperature of the mouthguard that just came out of boiling water makes it tricky. Once it is bit and set, you run it under cold water to set the shape. Boil it without the strap attached too.
It works well, fit well, he says it is comfortable and he can still communicate with it in. The price was right also ($6).
on May 21, 2015
I like everything about this mouthpiece. A mouthpiece would have to make me punch harder for me to consider it over this Shock Doctor. It was extremely easy to mold. I just heated per instructions and casually popped it in my mouth, didn't even have to think about alignment or jaw placement, it just fell in place. It is very low profile and molds perfectly to your mouth. It's so comfortable I find myself *wanting* to wear it. It's also very sturdy and roots impact to your molars quite well. The trick to the comfort and protection seems to be the hard rubber skeleton running through it. The plastic provides the personalized shape while the rubber provides a firm bite plate rooted to the front guard. Breathing is also effortless, like not having it in your mouth. There is a gap between your lower incisors and the bottom of the mouthpiece, allowing for easy are flow. In the end, there isn't anything I can think of to be improved
on August 2, 2017
My son wears braces and I was very nervous about having a mouthpiece and his brackets falling out. He plays tackle football. This mouthpiece Molds right to his braces and his teeth and works great.
on January 7, 2017
Perhaps just for me, but I followed the instructions and it still both wouldn't flex and fit around my teeth. Really disappointed.

P.s. Gagged a few times... 19 yr old.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.