Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2017
Had to return and reorder due to no/poor size info. Hopefully it will fit the user. I am adding the size chart picture on the packaging to help other potential Amazon buyers in future.
review imagereview image
122 helpful votes
123 helpful votes
on April 25, 2014
I have two sons 8 and 10, one taller and leaner, one shorter and more muscular
we tried these, Franklin sliding shorts, Easton youth sliding shorts and Louisville Slugger shorts (all from Amazon)
both my boys have a 25" waist and we tried the XL of these and they fit both boys.
The waist is a good fit on them both, and the legs are looser.
I am hoping the elastic will stretch a little this season so they can wear them again for baseball next year too.
The packet says this fits a 28-30" waist but I think that would be a very uncomfortable fit. I measured the elastic waist band lying flat on the floor and it is 24-25" and doesn't seem to have much stretch.
The best selling point for these over the other brands is the cup pocket. It is wider and easier to get the cup into, and it is sewn to curve inside the shorts and follow the shape of the cup up and around. Both my boys preferred how their cups fit and how snug they felt against them as opposed to the other shorts where the cup kind of hung down the front of the shorts.
XL size came with a teen size cup which looks BIG on my 8 year old, but he can fit a wider cup there. My 10 year old who is thinner thought the teen cup was too big and is wearing a smaller cup which fit great in the pocket too.
54 helpful votes
55 helpful votes
on April 18, 2017
The cup is good and seems like it will protect well and last a few years. The compression shorts are comfortable and fit as they should, but when you put the cup in the shorts it is nearly worthless because every time you move the cup does not cover you properly anymore. If you crouch down you basically have zero protection.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 5, 2013
I ordered a medium but when I wore it to Jiu Jitsu, it looked like I was wearing a cup made for an elephant. I'm 5'11'', 160lbs and have a normal sized anatomy, if you know what I mean. But unfortunately, I made a complete fool out of myself by attempting to wear this cup through class that day. The cup didn't stay close to my body when I was in any position other than standing up so it looked like I had taken my water bottle and shoved it down my pants for most of the class. I still have a lot of anxiety when I think about that day. But in all fairness, it is completely my fault that this happened, first of all, I knew that I needed a smaller size but instead I listened to my wife when I placed the order. What kind of guy listens to a woman when ordering a cup? Secondly, I knew that I looked ridiculous before I went to class that day but decided that people probably wouldn't notice. Wrong. They did. People kept glancing down at it without trying to be obvious and one guy even asked me what it was. After that, I went to the changing room and took it off, then, as if on queue, for the first time ever, I was accidentally kicked in the groin while sparring. And if you are in the future reading this, people all around you are disappearing.

So, after all that, I can say this without any shame, "I'll be ordering a smaller cup".
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on September 12, 2017
Bought these compression shorts for my son who is almost 12 and plays football. He is a big boy, but the cup was way too big for him. But we were able to use his old cup from his old compression shorts. The waist band fits comfortably. The only thing he didn't like was the tag that is sewn in to the waist band as it irritated his skin, but after a few washes, and cutting out the tag with my sewing scissors and needles, it was fine.
on June 30, 2017
I like the compression shorts but the protective cup is unsatisfactory. First, it's so narrow that it's difficult to make sure that all your bits & pieces fit inside comfortably. Secondly, it protrudes so far forward that it makes you appear aroused. I had to spend more money and purchase a different protective cup. I guess it would be fine for hockey because it's under other protective gear in that case.
on May 14, 2017
While the shorts are comfortable, they completely fail at the single purpose of protecting your package. The cup displaces with any kind of movement and I constantly had to rearrange. Also the cup sticks out way too far and looks quite ridiculous. Save your money and move on.
4 helpful votes
on September 15, 2017
The cup does not protect what's important. The shorts fit very nicely, and they've held up to many wears and washings. The cup positioning just does not do the job. I coach baseball and wear it for teaching ground balls and coaching catchers. Every time I bend/crouch down, the cup rides up and stops protecting what I really want protected. Given that ground balls and catching are two places you most expect to take a bad hop, it really does not serve its purpose.
I contacted Shock Doctor to share my feedback and ask for recommendations on a product that will work but received no reply.
on July 15, 2017
I probably should have read more of these reviews before I ordered because a lot describe the same problem I am having. Basically the shorts fit great and the cup should work well HOWEVER the pocket where the cup sits only really positions the cup for protection when you are standing and not moving. I bought this for karate sparring and if I move at all it is out of place and basically useless for protection. I will be looking for something else now.
on May 15, 2017
The numbers are always confusing because they are slightly different sizes model to model. The sizing is off as I'm an 29-30 and the medium 32-34 actually fits perfect.

Cup is nice bonus, but it's a lower quality cup than other versions. Good for light rolling and protection in jiu jitsu or boxing. Not good for Muay Thai or kickboxing.

Good material.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.