Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shock Labyrinth [2D/3D Blu-ray + DVD]
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 13, 2015
This is a Japanese Supernatural Suspense film that you will either enjoy very much or at the end of the film go "What the Hell?!" It starts out as a lark for a bunch of old friends breaking into a long closed amusement park. There they find terror and death that comes full circle at the end of the film. I don't want to give too much away on this film because half of the enjoyment and suspense is trying to piece together what is happening. Are you really seeing what you think you're seeing - or not. This is a great film that holds it's own against other Japanese Supernatural Suspense films like The Grudge series and The Ring. I believe you'll really enjoy it...or not!
on October 16, 2014
Maybe something was lost in translation (as it almost always is) but for the longest time watching Shock Labyrinth I had no idea what the heck was going on. Not until near the end did all the pieces fall together and I had that "Ah hah!" moment.
I'm not going to talk about the storyline because to do so would be to spoil the plot twists and turns. Suffice it to say, fans of Japanese horror cinema will enjoy this film. Even a relative newcomer to the game like myself found many things to appreciate about Shock Labyrinth. Japanese style horror is far more cerebral than American and I really like that. The slasher flick has its place, but more like this please.
on April 13, 2013
I just finished watching Shock Labyrinth in 3-D . If it's one thing I love and respect is when I see something different. Is this movie for everyone, probably not but, it sure was for me.To say the least ,it is a strange movie but I must say ,it kept my interest all the way through. Some of the 3-D effects were just wonderful and added alot to the over all atmosphere it tried to create .The movie comes from Japan and you can watch it with sub titles or dubbed in English take your pick. This is one movie I am glad I put into my collection .I may have to watch it a number of times to grasp all that went on but that's the fun of it.
on September 12, 2012
Shock Labyrinth was an okay Japanese movie. I wouldn't call this a horror movie, it's more like a suspense movie. So if you're expecting something like The Ring or The Grudge, you're going to be disappointed.
on October 19, 2014
the movie was terrible,,long and drawn out....there was an attempt to create 3D which at a few, very few times they really had something in the 3D I HAD NOT SEEN TOO MUCH BEFORE but actually trying to give you the 3D affect and playing up to that but the camera distortion at least on my samsung 67A 750 was terrible bleed over in 3D whatever you call it. I would return it if i had the choice... or resell it....PASS.....
on August 31, 2013
3.5 stars for this above average supernatural thriller. While the story is not wholly original - it's an example of the Revenge For Past Mistakes subgenre of horror flicks - the movie nonetheless has interesting and sometimes creepy visuals, and a story line which unfolds in a way that is more interesting than many other films in this genre. The acting is also reasonably good, and while some scenes are a bit mauldin in the manner we often see in Asian horror flicks, it does not ever become overbearingly so. It moves at an unnecessarily slow pace, with some redundant scenes in which no new new info is revealed, and in which the thrills or creeps are the same as previous scenes; but the movie never bogs down entirely. Very much worth a look for fans of J-horror or Asian horror in general, even if it's not on the same level as the classics from that region.
on June 28, 2012
"Shock Labyrinth 3D" revolves around a group of childhood friends who share a tragic and dark secret. Their friend Yuki went missing 10 years earlier in a haunted house attraction they snuck into. One night, the lost child shows up as an adult at her friends' front door, frightened and still dressed the same way she was when she disappeared. The group decide to take her to the hospital and upon arriving discover they are locked in the abandoned building with something or someone sinister playing with their minds.

Shimizu has a way with pulling you into his films and getting you emotionally involved. He takes you through all sorts of different emotions, from fear to sadness to empathy all in a 90 minute time period. His work goes so much deeper than what American viewers have seen with his "The Grudge" movies.

Consumers and fans of intelligent horror films will love the "Shock Labyrinth 3D" Blu-ray / DVD Combo Pack. The movie is an atmospheric and claustrophobic journey through the darkest parts of a person's mind. The fact that it was shot in the actual "Shock Labyrinth" haunted house attraction in Japan helps with the distinctive character of the film. Besides a great movie available in both 2D and 3D, this has some impressive special features that make the whole package a worthy purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2014
I tend to jump on all things 3D - love my 3D TVs and I buy almost every blu-ray that comes out. I'm also a fan of movies like The Ring, and The Grudge. This movie has no similarity to those movies. I found myself fast forwarding in order to get to the suspenseful part...and ending up at the end of the film.

3D effects are great for the pop-out element and the translation is decent. Do yourself a favor though, do not turn on both english subtitles and the english audio track because they are NOT the same.

This seemed more like a made for TV movie that would probably work for someone...else.
on June 4, 2012
The movie:
Hard to understand it. Lots and lots of weird stuff going on in the story line. You have to be into this sort of drama to get into it. I guess I am not.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3D effects:
Loads and loads of crosstalk. I have an high-end 3D TV. the crosstalk was way too much. As a matter of fact, this is one of the worst movies that I have because of the ghosting that is going on.

Recommendations to my friends? Probably not.

Recommendations to my enemies? Oh yeah.

Will I loan this to my brother to watch? I'll give a warning, but if he wants to watch it, then who am I to deny him the fun of being disappointed.

Would I loan it to my best friend? Hell yeah... pay back is a dog!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2013
Most will not like this film, I'm sure, as it takes a certain taste to appreciate it for what it is. I usually don't like movies based around a ghost story, even though I do paranormal investigations, I dislike movies and tv shows that make it out to be overly dramatic. This one felt different to me, thus I really enjoyed it.