Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on April 15, 2013
This is one totally awesome boat. So far I've been running it for nearly a month with no issues. Even with a 4200 Mah NiMh pack that I am currently using, it moves at a pretty good clip, maybe low to mid 20's MPH wise - more than ample for the pond I am running the boat in. However, the motor and ESC are rated for up to 3S Lipo power. Just be sure to watch the ESC and motor temps if you use a 3S Lipo battery as they may become hot but this setup will push the speeds up to about 30 MPH according to the box.

Customizing the boat is really easy as three sets of trim decals in blue, red and magenta are included. Before the boat can be used, one has to first attach the rudder and propeller and then install the longer of the two receiver antennas into the antenna tube. The shorter antenna is laid flat in the hull and secured in place with scotch tape. In all, it took me about a half hour to prepare the boat for the water.

I also added the optional 1.6 X 2.5 stainless steel propeller offered by Pro Boat and noticed a modest increase in performance too.

Also, a word of advice, it is recommended in the instructions to remove and grease the prop shaft after about 2-3 hours of use. Pro Boat offers a grease gun with grease to make this step easy. I also used thread lock to secure the set screw in the motor coupler after reinstalling.

I would definitely recommend this boat. Even though you can get a brushed motor version of this for about $80 less, I would recommend that you get this brushless version instead as brushed motors wear out much faster and even though they only cost about $20 each, replacing a few of them over time will get expensive rather quickly.

Also, please ignore the 2 negative reviews. After reading them, this individual clearly does not know what he is doing.

Good luck and happy boating
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
on January 13, 2014
Got the boat and put it together in about 30 minutes. Charged a 3 cell li-ion and hit the water. It is smooth on the water, agile, and fast. The battery I am using is from a much smaller boat so it is only 2200 mah. I love the Spektrum DX2E DSM Radio's variable steering rate feature. It allowed me to temper the aggressiveness of the steering response until I was used to the boats handling.

After a very fun, fast, and bumpy 10 minutes (full throttle 98% of the 10 minutes) the battery died on the far side of the lake! Rooky mistake (not the boats fault). The wind brought it back in 15 minutes. I know the water cooling was functioning well as evidenced by the squirt of water out the port side as it zoomed by the dock. The hull was dry inside and the ESC/motor were cool to the touch. The battery only slightly warm.

Tomorrow I go to my local Hobby Shop for the biggest li-ion they carry.

I have built several of my own boats - it is a pleasure to be able to just hit the water s fast without much lead time.

Wish it had a fiberglass hull (I have a 30 year old fiberglass boat). But for the price this one is very good quality ABS.

Highly recommend
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 13, 2014
I can't say enough about this boat. The boat offers a great deal of FUN for those new or seasoned in RC Boating. I have run Fast electric, Nitros and Gas boats and still enjoy this boat with my 16 year old son. The instructions that come with the boat are excellent and the Horizon hobby review on You tube is great for understanding how to run your new boat. You have the option to run the Nimh for an average speed, or if your looking for a great boost in speed and power you can run LIPO 2s OR 3s batteries. Parts availability and support shower the internet, so you will never be left in the dark.
5 helpful votes
on July 22, 2014
For the price this boat cannot be beat. It's fast, handles very well, has a long run time with a 5000 Mah venom Lipo battery, it also looks great. It reminds me of watching the rum runner boats in key west!! The hull is sealed very well, I very rarely get water inside and if I do it's very little. I highly recommend this boat if you can find it
on December 6, 2013
this is the best boat iv ever bought iv had it for 2 years. i gave it to my kid as gift and he loves it
3 helpful votes
on October 15, 2013
.it malfuction and lost it and i can get it back and it flip over and float away.i call horizion .they told me this make two of this boat and they can see what going on.they wont give me my money back unless you get it back.there customer service people and sale team dont care they are smart alexk.please dont buy pro boat.i had this toy for a day.and it long gone..what happen after shut down and start for a few second than nothing that i was wait ing to float bake .buy this went up in the air like a rocket on a lauch pad.i had problen with the brushless and brush they are gome .they wont replace or give me my money back unless i get the toy back it in the bottom of the lake.horizon hobby is the product support for this toy are dont buy pro boat like mini c or v...this toy is a money pit battery life is on 5 mim full sprrd on a 7 cell pack.and porhie on abattery came with it..they canopy fly off it cost 20 buck.shell is 90 buck proboat part a a rip off.please dont buy i fell horizon should send me on at no charge to make up for my lose..this toy are not dependalbe..i had it for a day .i,m giving them a bad name please dont buy it i went to aguacfart it the number one from greatplane.please dont waste your money on this toy..i,m not happy with my lose with a 50 battery pack please pass this on dont buy proboat.i,m now fighting my bank for the charge back to my card..i los eit and it was gone and cant find it i call them for a replace they said sorry we must have it back..i was mad dont buy it.stay to you rc car not boat
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 18, 2013
i had it four a few day and i put the drain plug back in .the back had broke a big hole. .it cost 90 buck just to replace the part. i was mad..when im got it you had to put on prop and ruter.you get only five min off run time it suck .i tried a high 5000 pack.it gave me six min. i dont ilike it.what a waste of monoey.i ran it and lost my uper canopy it cost me 20 buck.i wont duy any more pro boat toys..they pastic of there are are super thim./part are crazy to replace ..iwas mad the big hole where the drain plug goes i put it back in with the rubber boot and broke the back.so i had to closed it up with a piece of hard plasic and hot glue..i dont recommed buy this right now i see the are one sale for 100 buck.it fast too. and watch the water fly like afountian..it mad very cheap and they charge a lot of money for part it crazy .i,m telling you the bad expenis i had.i ran 5000 in my circurt rc car and truck i can run for 45 min.not a boat..dont buy this toy is a money pit..and i will vcall hoeizion hobby again.they did send me a replace uper haul that can off in the water .i waste my money
33 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.